Resonance Records AAA?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bmusic, Jul 27, 2021.

1. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident Thread Starter

Besides Monty Alexander's Live at Bubba's, are any Resonance Records vinyl titles AAA? I e-mailed them a while back and never got a response. I'd be particularly interested in hearing about the Eric Dolphy Musical Prophet set and the Thad Jones/Mel Lewis All My Yesterday sets.

2. bmusic

3. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

Pretty sure none of them are.

I love Musical Prophet and the Jones/Lewis set, btw. Don't have the Monty Alexander one.

bmusic likes this.
  4. bmusic

I always fear that’s the case when I don’t hear back from customer service and the records are not advertised as AAA…

5. misteranderson

Well...all that matters is that they sound good to you. All-analog is nice, when it's actually an option. It's not a dealbreaker for me.

I should probably go back and pick up the Alexander title at some point.

BTW, I think anything Zev Feldman's involved in operates the same as Resonance (Anagram & Reel to Real/Cellar Live).

GentleSenator likes this.
  6. blue

blue Mastering rules

Bill Evans Live at Art d’Lugoff’s is one of the very few ones they told me. I thought the only one until I heard of the Monty.

7. misteranderson

Top Of The Gate is all-analog?? Never heard that before.

I did get the Monty Alexander, and it's excellent. Stumbled on it for just $30.

bmusic likes this.
  8. blue

blue Mastering rules

The mastering engineer or someone near him told me so when I called there. At this time he said all the rest was digital (it was maybe 2-3 years ago).

misteranderson and bmusic like this.