The Beatles - Revolver - 2022 Remix

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deacon Blues, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Re the mono mix. I only have the 2009 cd (technically incorrect, since i have a 1966 pressing with mono on side one and stereo on side two, but i haven’t played it in years) and i wonder if the eq on that is very different to the vinyl versions?

The 2009 cd could have done with a bit more top end and a bit fuller low end IMO. Let’s see if the new mono transfer rectifies this.

mpayan, dee, AppleCorp3 and 3 others like this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Revolver related ….
    Be specific?

3. I found recently that I can get Mojo digitally via my library here in South Carolina via the Libby app.

4. Beatle Ed 2021

Beatle Ed 2021 Forum Resident

Mojo has just come out here in the UK, with a Beatles cover and Revolver-themed content. I expect many more will come.

Beatlened and Lewisboogie like this.
  5. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

My whole “Beatle life” it’s been The White Album which I finally got to own at age 11 in August of 1969. I was gifted the album while visiting family in Greece so I had no access to a record player till returning to the states in September. I already had or had heard in full, Pepper, Revolver, MMT and Meet The Beatles. But NONE had the musical/atmospheric impact on me which TWA had…an album which mesmerized me from the opening strains of the jet plane to the final orchestral flourishes. I could easily go on but I’ll give it a break.

6. fogalu

fogalu There is only one Beethoven

I was listening to the mono and stereo versions of "Here There and Everywhere" just now and there's a lovely little "swish" sound just after the first "I want her everywhere". I don't know if it's a guitar sound or an edit but I always liked it since I first heard it in 1966.

I'm really afraid that Giles is going to remove this blemish. I know he's going to do it. I feel it in my bones. And, no matter how much he improves all the other songs, it's going to ruin the remix experience for me.

Sorry - too much wine.........

7. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

That’s the sound of his fingers against the strings while changing chords. I really hope this wasn’t removed.

8. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

On a slightly unrelated note, we drove down to around Esher for lunch today and decided to go see George’s Kinfauns house. I don’t think the exact house exists anymore (seems replaced by bigger one) but it’s such a nice little neighborhood. Felt bit surreal driving down the little road thinking about the Fabs, Stones, Clapton, etc. doing the same in the 60s to go see George and Pattie. He likely wrote all his Revolver tracks at that house in '66.

9. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Paul McCartney Goes Too Far?
    Would that apply to Revolver?

ODIrony likes this.
  10. jricc

jricc Senior Member

As a grade school music teacher for 27 years, I was not impressed with Ray's comment ;)

ODIrony, richierichie, dee and 5 others like this.
  11. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

If I'm reading the smoke signals correctly, an Atmos mix will be available but not as physical media.

12. ralph7109

ralph7109 Forum Resident

Don’t apologize for Giles’s continued transgressions

mpayan, fogalu and DK Pete like this.
  13. fogalu

You and me both! Let's hope and pray that it won't affect the rest of our lives. I've lived with it for over 50 years so I might suffer less than you. (I'm assuming everybody here is younger than me.) ;)
    I'm only half joking. but I love that "swish!.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    Lewisboogie, DK Pete and BeatlesBop like this.
  14. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

LOL…Felix Unger taught us about assuming…!

15. Floatupstream

Floatupstream Forum Resident

I totally don’t get this. Especially on You’re Gonna Lose That Girl

16. I just recently listened to the 2009 mono again and found it very congested in the mid-range with less than ideal definition between instruments. Not to my surprise, my needle drop of the 2014 remaster is much better - and for me the definitive version to date.

17. fogalu

I think you're referring to The Odd Couple but you'll have to elussi... elulucd...elucidate (got it.)
    As I said earlier .... too much wyne.......

ODIrony likes this.
  18. Floatupstream

Floatupstream Forum Resident

As a guitar player, I love this song. Most guitar players I know do.

jricc and DK Pete like this.
  19. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

Flat notes abound with the backing vox--just about every vowel.

But in all seriousness I don't want them or any component from any song removed, except hum :D

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    Floatupstream and DK Pete like this.
  20. fogalu

(Re the backing vocals.) The first time I heard that song was in a cinema where "Help!" was showing. I went out and bought the album the next day. This was 1965, by the way.
    Previously, I was a casual Beatles fan, buying a few singles and all that, but after that song, I became a certified Beatlemanica.

I have a certificate. :rolleyes:

21. Past Masters

Past Masters Beatles Fanthologist

The footage of them playing that song in the film looks particularly nice to me for some reason...

22. Past Masters

+1... As it's my #1 album of all time as well, I wish you would go on Pete... but hey, I guess I can wait until the next White Album anniversary box set thread...

Lewisboogie and DK Pete like this.
  23. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

One cool anecdote I *will* repeat for the tenth time on my first copy is that it was on Parlophone! Apple hadn’t made its way to Greece as of that point in time. Over the decades I “lost” that original copy but I did manage to get one off of eBay a few years ago.

Dradge, steepien, Lewisboogie and 4 others like this.
  24. Past Masters

WOW I didn't even know such a thing existed! :faint:

fogalu likes this.
  25. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

Just checked a Barnes and Noble in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, and not out here yet. As has been mentioned previously, seems like a month lag.

Lewisboogie and DK Pete like this.