The Beatles - Revolver - 2022 Remix

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deacon Blues, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Floatupstream

Floatupstream Forum Resident

The lyrics make it 1966

Lewisboogie likes this.
  2. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

I'm always amazed (or 'maybe' always), that various remastering of McCartney's 'Live And Let Die', they never attempt to remove the slight glitch sound after the words 'open book'.

fogalu, Paul H and DK Pete like this.
  3. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

Both too heavy for any previous album, imo.

The Quiet One, Bern, Monasmee and 2 others like this.
  4. Floatupstream

Floatupstream Forum Resident

I remember watching Help in the RKO Orpheum theater in Davenport Iowa in 1965 and was so mad I couldn’t hear because of my stupid sister and all the rest of the girls screaming!

5. SolMerse

SolMerse Sheriff John Stone

Funnily this is my first post here, but on the extended trailer for the box set we actually got to hear this part of the song, and luckily it's intact!

6. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

I listened to the 2009 mono CD the other day and the cymbals on “Taxman” give way to some distortion. Was that always there (1966 mono LP)?

DK Pete and Kim Olesen like this.
  7. Michael Macrone

Michael Macrone Forum Resident

You pretty much nailed it. I'd bump "And Your Bird Can Sing" up to 5-star, but otherwise I'm on board.

8. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Thank you! This is great news. I found you can also get Record Collector via the Libby app and Goldmine magazine through Hoopla. Thanks again for the awesome tip.

NumberEight, Sean Roper and Bern like this.
  9. Michael Macrone

Michael Macrone Forum Resident

If I'm being honest, I enjoy both "Love You To" and "The Inner Light" more than "Within You, Without You."

As long as I'm being honest, I don't always enjoy "Here, There, and Everywhere." But there's no denying that it's a very, very sophisticated composition. The harmony alone is worth close study. Which is all the more astounding when you consider that Paul couldn't read music, and had no conscious knowledge of theory.

Running out of steam is just the start of the problems with Paul's vocal performance on "Hold Me Tight." I've learned to live with the affliction I and apparently @Past Masters share, which is to hear it as congested and miserably off-key from bar 1.

ODIrony and Past Masters like this.
  10. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

It’s the other way around. They placed them last, because they were the showstoppers of both albums.

11. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

I love the thought of looking up the word “Audiophile” in the dictionary and it simply saying “Someone who is never happy” :biglaugh:

12. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Well, given that the Year Without A Santa Claus wasn't released until 8 years later, I think it would be more technically correct to say the Heat Miser song makes you think of the bassline for Dr. Robert... :p

Luke The Drifter likes this.
  13. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

It's the 'waiting for something new to happen'-phase of this thread. Everyone takes a look for something new and ends up talking about something else... It's (I guess) waiting for the next track(s) to drop.

14. BeatlesObsessive

BeatlesObsessive The Earl of Sandwich Ness

.. Too Much... erm.. It's ALL Too Much!

jmxw likes this.
  15. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

I like to think of this as a Revolver tailgating party before the big game. :)

16. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

Welcome aboard!

The Quiet One, jmxw and SolMerse like this.
  17. SolMerse

SolMerse Sheriff John Stone

Thanks, been lurkin' here for the past 400 pages or so, so at least I'm jumping on the discussion wagon before the next song preview!

18. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

First post :edthumbs: welcome!!!!

2022 mix:
    >And Your Bird Can Sing …
    Paul sounds louder in the mix.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    SolMerse likes this.
  19. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Reading through the last few pages and a daft idea made me smile. What if we were to meet in a pub to discuss various topics surrounding the Revolver remix.

I reckon we would need the Gorts out in force to keep order on what would definitely turn into a rambunctious event.

20. VicSchwarz

VicSchwarz Forum Resident

There’s no 2022 mix of And Your Bird Can Sing in this video, there’s only the « giggling » outtake

21. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Very prominent.
    Prefer the 66-Mono.. Stereo.

22. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

As a hum supporter, I hope the swish sound on Here There And Everywhere has been excised to oblivion for those who want it left in and who have been anti-hum. May you and your swish devolve into a ball of crying blackholes as you clutch your Beatles Mono boxsets in agony :evil:

I fart in your general direction!

;)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    Bern, fogalu, ODIrony and 1 other person like this.
  23. Beatlebug

Beatlebug Another box set won't do any harm

You're referring to the outtake, not the finished version. Both are included in the box but it's the outtake with more emphasised vocals that you hear in the video.

24. I had no idea I also had access to Goldmine. Thanks! It’s in Libby via my library. Libraries rock!

Michael Macrone and MerseyBeatle like this.
  25. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Also, just found that Uncut magazine is also available in Libby.
    [​IMG]