The Beatles - Revolver - 2022 Remix

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deacon Blues, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

Extra credit for thinking big :)

I would be VERY pleased if they at least combined Rubber Soul and Revolver together. George called them part 1 and part 2 of the same album, and I agree.

In another thread, I mentioned there would be wisdom in working backwards thru the catalog now, to allow more time for demixing tech to improve when it comes to the early 2 track albums.

2. Yeah. This thread will be relevant in 2026.

Upsiditus and Lemon Curry like this.
  3. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

I think...................................................................................................that the
    stereo....................................................................................................spread,
    left/right,................................................................................................is too
    extreme for.........................................................................................most of us.

Upsiditus, Stallings, Sargon and 32 others like this.
  4. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

You'll probably still be alive in 2024.

Deacon Blues likes this.
  5. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

That would be fine by me...but what are the odds of that happening? The answer is none. None are the odds.

Past Masters, michanes and Sluggy like this.
  6. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

I would keep them separate, but release them batches.

Apple could release remix versions of Magical Mystery Tour & Yellow Submarine in December 2020, Revolver & Rubber Soul in June 2021, Help and Beatles for Sale in December 2021, then finish with Please Please Me, With the Beatles and A Hard Day's Night all at once in June 2022. December 2022 could be remixed Past Masters, and December 2023 a big remixed Anthology box set to complete the "New Mix" project phase.

7. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Revolver and Rubber Soul certainly feel the most in need of a remix for me, but surely, like it or not, Let It Be will be the next album to get the treatment?

Rubber Soul and Revolver (in either order) for 2012 and 2022 seems like a possibility, unless one of them comes in time for Christmas 2020 (only if Let It Be comes in May for the anniversary)

8. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

We are jumping the gun on a thread about this by far.
    Post again in August 2020.

saborlord123, nasa09, jmxw and 5 others like this.
  9. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Heretic!

10. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Exactly. There are plenty of outtakes for each set.

marklamb and beatleroadie like this.
  11. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Because no one cared at the time? Rock music still wasn't taken that seriously, and the bands didn't take stereo mixes very seriously. So it was an issue on multiple levels. Like that Stones single (I forget which one) where there's a tambourine playing completely out of tempo for a few measures. "Eh, it's good enough for the kids. Let's go."

notgoblin, bherbert and Gila like this.
  12. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

Have you sent your resume to Apple? They need you, kid.

Michael P likes this.
  13. Raf

Raf Senior Member

14. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

I'd prefer a la Dylan

"The Beatles: The Complete 1963 Recordings". Newly mixed in stereo and mono, incl singles A & Bs, outtakes, sessions, demos, alt mixes, acetates and other unreleased material.
    "The Beatles: The Complete 1964 Recordings"
    "The Beatles: The Complete 1965 Recordings"

And so on

:wave:

Hammerpeg and ralph7109 like this.
  15. Beatle Ed

Beatle Ed Forum Resident

Revolver is the LP I've wanted remixed ever since they started doing them. It's their best by far for me. It has a unique sound and mood to it and there's nothing else quite like it. It's arguably their most experimental record too. I hope it comes straight after Let It Be as it's the obvious choice. I don't get this thing about pairing LPs as releases either. It waters down the impact of each!

16. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

A few specifics....clutter and "dirt" (SSSS, AYBCS), lack of clarity (Here There and Everywhere, I'm Only Sleeping), imbalanced mix (drums on Got To get You Into My Life), overall a weak sounding mix on Dr. Robert.

17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

indeed!

18. Michael

stop this madness!

Mickey2, oxenholme and tug_of_war like this.
  19. Michael

I'll take the 3 CDs of outakes...leave the legacy alone...Damn. Just as I predicted do one and it will never stop! they will remix the remixes...

oxenholme and Bingo Bongo like this.
  20. halfjapanese

halfjapanese Gifs moider!

Why new ones? I say, let's re-up some original Apple artists, like Brute Force!

(terrible edit)

YardByrd and marc with a c like this.
  21. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Remixes have peaked. Posters are already bored with Abbey Road and Let It Be and will soon be bored with Revolver talk.

Somerset Scholar likes this.
  22. mbleicher1

mbleicher1 Tube Amp Curmudgeon

The desire for the LPs to be paired together is strange to me too. I assume it must have something to do with a certain type of diehard fandom but I’m not sure I understand it.

23. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

There is nothing wrong with the stereo mix. It just needs a proper mastering.

lukpac, Carlox and oxenholme like this.
  24. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

OP, you're too early. The Let It Be box set isn't announced/confirmed yet.

25. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

“El” (Sharp sloppy pan for no reason) “eanor Rigby”