The Beatles - Revolver - 2022 Remix

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deacon Blues, Aug 19, 2019.

1. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Here's the thing...Pepper, White, RS, Revolver...all of these fall into the class of fans categorically *wanting* them be remixed because all of them needed/need it if not all the way through, in part. Unless one outright hates the remixes that have been done, most fans (it seems to me) have found some definite improvements in these albums. With Abbey Road, it's not not nearly as 'desperate' a situation. Hopefully whatever was done, was done with enough of a tasteful touch that it can somewhat improve on an album's sound quality that's already a great listening experience. Hopefully.

Past Masters and Deacon Blues like this.
  2. Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hopefully.. I just didn't hear enough that was like.. Yes that needs some attention. Still guilty of buying it. Damn you Apple have you no soul?

Also why is it too early? Since LIB was announced, why can't we talk next project? Giles himself said it'd be fun on the white album YouTube live cast

3. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

5. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous

After Let It Be in 2020 they might start the roll out of the 60th anniversary releases. Please Please Me has already had all of it's outtakes released on the Beatles Bootleg Recordings 1963 compilation so we may see With The Beatles in 2023. Unless we get the 55th anniversary of Help! and Rubber Soul in the later half of 2020 or a 55th of Revolver in 2021.

6. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

There isn't going to be any 55th or 60th Anniversary editions of any Beatles albums, just Anniversary Editions. See the Abbey Road Anniversary editions.

Should Let It Be Anniversary editions come out at the same time of year as the original I'm 99% certain we'll get a Revolver or Rubber Soul Anniversary edition in November of 2020. As others have suggested I see no reason why we shouldn't be getting 2 sets a year from 2020 onwards.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  7. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

Don’t tell me you’re not a fan of Yesterday... and Today. ;)

beatleroadie likes this.
  8. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Aren't the backwards guitar solos on the mono and stereo versions of "I'm Only Sleeping" completely different? Which will Giles choose for the new mix? And how long will fans on this board argue over his choice?

Michael likes this.
  9. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Uh.... wow, good point.
    I'd guess he'd pick the mono mix when it comes to discrepancies between the two because of it being the Beatle-preferred one, and because he tended to do so with Pepper's remix.

10. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous

Regardless of whether or not they put a number in front of the title - an anniversary (by definition) is link to a year. And anniversaries, traditionally are 5 to 10 years apart unless it's a _1st.

Apple have always relied on an anniversary to re-release something (Yellow Submarine, A Hard Days Night, Pepper, White Album etc..), it's good marketing.

11. bpc908

bpc908 Well-Known Member

Definitely not going to be Revolver next, it's 100% going to be Let It Be

nasa09 likes this.
  12. Johnny Action

Johnny Action Forum President

Why alter the original mix? It’s what the Beatles intended.

oxenholme, mr.datsun and Michael like this.
  13. Michael

giles doesn't care! what's sad is he is Screwing with his fathers legacy...is this personal? The dude doesn't even know the Beatles music? WTF? their music is sacred to many of us...and mark my words the remixes will replace the original mixes...

oxenholme and mr.datsun like this.
  14. Michael

as long as he screws with them...

15. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

Logic aside, I'm sure they've got it all planned out for the next five years.

16. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

I do wonder if you think Giles walks into an Apple meeting with Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia and starts throwing papers around and saying “sod my father I’m remixing all the albums and none of you old lot are gonna stop me!”

Giles is an employee undertaking a job asked of him by his paymasters. You can really stop the agenda whenever you want.

17. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

I like it. And the stereo mix of revolver in general.

Rich C, Dan The Man1, tages and 2 others like this.
  18. Michael

that's not how I see it. : )

19. saborlord123

saborlord123 "I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy."

The mono mix is what the Beatles intended. Also, who cares if they remix it? As long as we have the original versions still available and we can compare and contrast, what's the big deal? No one is forcing you to buy it.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  20. Gila

Gila Forum Resident

There are also US variants but no they aren't, they just mixed it in differently. In different versions backwards lead guitar appears in some spots different than in other versions which means they just forgot to bring the track fader down or the other way around, brought it up too early.

Crimson Witch and Michael P like this.
  21. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

I can tolerate Revolver in stereo on headphones because there’s usually something in the middle - Be it drums or bass. Rubber Soul is painful on headphones due to the gaping hole in the middle of the stereo mix.

22. Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues Forum Resident Thread Starter

Have you heard the DESS? It's great. He just takes the original UK mix, and centered the vocal.

Lewisboogie, DK Pete and bherbert like this.
  23. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

What is the DESS?

nikh33 likes this.
  24. Michael P

Michael P Forum Resident

The stereo mix was made from a 2nd or even 3rd generation reductions to a 4 track master. Too many instruments packed into a mono sub mix. Bass needs to be centered, lead vocals need to be centered. That leaves not much left to be panned left and right. So they put the bass on one side of some songs making for a lopsided mix. This is why the mono mixes sounded better, the 4 track master mixed better in mono.

Eleanor Rigby's double string quartet was a 4 track reduced to mono. That's why Paul's vocal was ADT (automatic double track) not much better than the Duophonic process when spread out the way they did it. The remix of Yellow Submarine Songtrack takes the 4 track strings and does a proper stereo mix (although some have mentioned that there is an out of sync part but I have yet to hear it).

25. Michael P

Michael P Forum Resident

The pairing of albums was done with The Beach Boys, as "2-fers". While that may have worked for the BB's this is The Beatles we are talking about! Outside of adding the non album singles that were released at the same time nothing else should be added.

mbleicher1 and beatleroadie like this.