The Beatles - Revolver - 2022 Remix

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deacon Blues, Aug 19, 2019.

1. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

2. Sure to happen.Peppers box had the mono mix.It will help them get disc count and price up as well.
    Just for the record I really like both the original stereo mixes and the Gilles remixes.

3. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

In pairs as in released simultaneously or doubling up 2 albums in one set? I would prefer the former

crossroads69 and djoseph56 like this.
  4. Flippikat

Flippikat Forum Resident

From what I gather, the Abbey Road team was working on their own tech to demix (with a view to to early albums), and the Weta team were developing THEIR own tech to untangle the Nagra reels sound for what became the Get Back series - both independently of each other.. and that now the Abbey Road team have either used the Weta tech, or incorporated it into what they were doing, presumably that's meant a huge shift forward for them.

I mean, when Giles was saying he has to wait until the tech improves, maybe that was before he saw the breakthroughs that Weta were making?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    Geordiepete likes this.
  5. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

Apparently an update is happening soon, according to Brian Kehew's official website:

The book has been out over 10 years and has done very well. As publishers, we still own and control it. To celebrate the decade-plus of its existence, we are currently working on a newer, larger edition that should be quite an update!

BOOKS

6. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

Already officially confirmed?

7. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

Looks like that's from 2019. Let's hope their pace is better than Lewishon.

batdude98 likes this.
  8. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

I think you know the answer to that

ODIrony likes this.
  9. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

There will be an answer...

ODIrony and Rorsontherun like this.
  10. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

...in the creation of the Revolver Super Deluxe Edition Content and Sound Quality ONLY! and Shipping Thread threads.

11. Ephi82

Ephi82 Still have two ears working

Expectations will be very high on this one. Everyone expecting it to be amazing.

I love the Beatles remixes but this is going to be a big challenge for Giles and team. The original is so iconic, and has such a groundbreaking sound that I wouldn’t want the job of presenting a new version of it. The song begs for an adventurous remix, but will people still like it if it strays too far from the original?

batdude98 likes this.
  12. Flippikat

Flippikat Forum Resident

So long as they do what they did with Sgt Pepper, I'll be happy.

Somehow they managed to get all the oomph of the mono mix, with a stereo layout that makes sense through headphones.

13. Ephi82

Ephi82 Still have two ears working

Why isn’t possible to enjoy the original mix ( I assume this is what you mean by “ as intended”) and also enjoy a new mix?

You’re entitled to not like new mixes, but you shouldn’t be telling others what they should or shouldn’t listen to.

The Bishop and batdude98 like this.
  14. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

"as intended" = speakers for Atmos, instead of headphones.

Nothing to do with original mixes vs. remixes.

15. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

And about 10 other threads before the mods get around to pruning them.

tug_of_war and batdude98 like this.
  16. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

Apparently a new edition is definitely coming! I bought a used one 6 years ago - it's awesome but I still haven't really read it. :agree:

tug_of_war and moople72 like this.
  17. Cool Chemist

Cool Chemist Forum Resident

Where does this obsession from members for wanting a 'pairing' of albums come from?
    It devalues the 'stock' of the studio albums. Every Beatles album has this quite unique sound to it and I can't see this 'budget' approach of pairing finding favour even as a commercial enterprise let alone artistic.

18. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I'm assuming it's linked to the desire to finish this deluxe series sometime in the next decade :laugh:

19. This 100%.
    From a business point of view pairing them halves the potential revenue.Apple are going to do that.Sure.
    Also agree with the artistic POV above.
    The format for each will surely be something close to
    Disc 1-New stereo mix
    Disc2-Mono mix
    Disc 3-Sessions
    Disc 4-EP .Singles from period with new and original mixes.

Cool Chemist likes this.
  20. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

I absolutely do not want the them paired.

21. RobCooper

RobCooper Cobwebs & Strange

Recognising that the best experience would be to have a decent 7.1.4 set up or better (something beyond the realms of a) space and b) affordability in my case!), I love listening to Atmos mixes on my AirPods Max with head tracking turned on. Yes it doesn’t compare even to my basic 5.1 set up but it is a nice approximation. Nothing more. And if it means that more acts are mixing in surround to cash in on the “craze” I don’t think that can be a bad thing!

aphexj likes this.
  22. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

I didn't understand it as people asking for a two-fer (like the new Kinks' set), but that they would release two separate SDE at the same time. Like they do sometimes with the McCartney Archive Collection.

Every Beatles album should have their own SDE, of course. But it would be great if we didn't have to wait a whole year for each of them for the ones left. Maybe after Revolver and Rubber Soul (which have some more general audience allure) they can do that with the rest.

Vagabond and crossroads69 like this.
  23. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

By paired, I mean released at the same time. MPL has done that successfully multiple times with Paul’s albums and think it could work for The Beatles as well, especially as we get into 2 albums per year period.

For example, Help and Rubber Soul could be reissued at same time covering the band’s 1965 arc. Each reissue will have its own remix and outtakes and sold separately. But they also could offer an exclusive 1965 box containing both reissues and perhaps a live show (similar to the Big Barn Box).

24. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I’ve been waiting a long time for the authors to release a second edition. I remember reading that it was happening but then it all went quiet again.

Their website had suggested a less deluxe version to follow the deluxe but seems like that got canned. Not sure why as the book seems to have sold out everywhere.

25. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

I couldn’t afford the first issue of Recording The Beatles, and after years of hard work and graft, I wouldn’t be able to afford any reissue of it now either.