RFD-TV air "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" weekly starting April 4

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BradOlson, Mar 13, 2021.

1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

2. BradOlson

Those are 3 of the 4 episodes that are already scheduled to air. Designs For Survival isn't up on YouTube.

3. BradOlson

The front and back cover of Marlin Perkins' autobiography (these are my scans and when I posted them on Facebook, I gave Random House credit) and due to the size of my scanner, I had to make a bunch of different scans and then use Microsoft ICE to make the composite and this is the result of the composite:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  4. BradOlson

The front and rear flaps:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. BradOlson

BTW, I let the Mutual of Omaha themselves know about this thread.

6. BradOlson

The official press release from Mutual of Omaha: Express » Blog Archive » “Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom” is Back!

For decades, families gathered around the TV on Sunday nights to travel to the remote corners of the world with Marlin Perkins to explore the animal kingdom. For many of those original viewers, “Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom” brings back memories of family, learning, animals and conservation.

But you don’t need to be nostalgic about those Sunday nights anymore, because we’re back! That’s right – starting on April 4, classic episodes of Wild Kingdom will be airing on RFD-TV in our original time slot of 8 p.m. EST/7 p.m. CST.

You’ll be able to watch more than 300 of our classic episodes, as well as some updated content from Wild Kingdom Co-host Peter Gros. Even if you don’t have cable, you can subscribe to RFD’s streaming service to join the adventure.

In conjunction with the re-boot of our iconic show, we also will be launching a new Wild Kingdom website on April 14. You’ll discover:

• Engaging animal videos
    • Animal-themed games and activities in the “Kids Zone”
    • Interesting trivia about featured animals
    • Exclusive footage and “greatest hits” from the original series
    We’re excited about this news and the chance for Wild Kingdom to help educate a new generation about the animal kingdom and preserving wild places.

[​IMG]

“Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom” is back on television starting April 4 on RFD-TV. Check your local listings to join the adventure. #WKonRFD

BTW, there were 329 episodes during the Wild Kingdom's original run and these are the episodes they are going to run and are listed at Mutual Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom (1963-1987) - Aired Order - All Seasons - TheTVDB.com

7. Hanglow

Hanglow Forum Resident

" will let Jim go ahead and measure this elephant's tusk............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Jim?...........we got word there's some crocodile in this river......will give you that stick to check it out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Macman and BradOlson like this.
  8. A good show in its time, but nature shows have improved dramatically since then. I have no interest in revisiting this old favorite.

9. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Exactly....

To this day, any mention of Marlon Perkins makes me think of Johnny, Jim, and the Celebes Ape, with Johnny slipping into Perkins-ese: "Man and his MON-keeeee!"

10. BradOlson

That's OK.

11. BradOlson

12. BradOlson

13. BradOlson

14. BradOlson

BTW, I found out that for those who have "The Cowboy Channel" on your cable or streaming device/smart TV you can also watch "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" on that channel as well as the Cowboy Channel+ app.

For those who like rodeo/cowboy stuff all the time and would like that app, you can add it through the TV or streaming device and go to www.cowboychannelplus.com to order it. $9.99 a month and $99.99 a year. The RFD-TV app is $9.99 a month and $89.99 a year.

15. BradOlson

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  16. BradOlson

RFD-TV has even received current advertising from the Mutual of Omaha.

17. BradOlson

Peter Gros did show some nice animals on Rural America Live last night.

18. BradOlson

Both of the first 2 episodes RFD-TV aired were very amazing. I loved seeing how much work it took to capture some of the animals including the snake.

19. BradOlson

20. BradOlson

21. BradOlson

22. BradOlson

BTW, Mutual of Omaha will upload every episode on YouTube after they premiere on RFD-TV.

23. Macman

Macman Senior Member

Poor Jim. :laugh:

I remember seeing a news program several years ago that claimed much of that show was staged and that animals were abused in the filming.

24. BradOlson

25. BradOlson