Rhino 12 Days Of Christmas (Ramones)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by palisantrancho, Dec 1, 2022.

1. warpig

warpig Senior Member

Was hoping for a little more of Sex Pistols. Not a 7" fan.

2. Exact same boat. Dragged my feet and finally decided to just get it and it was gone. Now I get mad every time I go back to their site :D

Anyone else a little frustrated by the lack of info on some of these sets. Very little on the VH box and no I’m looking at the Zep and want to know the difference between say LZ1 Remaster Original Vinyl and the 3 LP Remastered editions. Nothing there. I shoudln’t have to do the leg work on something if you are trying to sell it to me

3. Pali Gap

Pali Gap Whiskey, mystics and men

By 'leg work' you mean a couple clicks of the mouse.

quicksrt and Leugi like this.
  4. Pali Gap

Was really hoping Zeppelin 'How the West Was won' 4lp box would be available, did anybody happen to get one at discounted price today? Curious why they would even list it if it was not available, thinking maybe there were a very few copies? I was in the store shortly after the LZ discounts went live (several hours before the 12:00 PST time they gave), it's been unavailable the whole time.

Mike6565 likes this.
  5. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

That was my targeted box as well, it is a missing hole in my collection, so I splurged on the big box for $33 more...

Pali Gap and Sane Man like this.
  6. Sane Man

Sane Man Forum Resident

Yeah, not ideal, but the 4x LP/3x CD/1x DVD box is on sale for +/-$20 cheaper than the regular price of the 4x LP box, if it's worth it to you.

Pali Gap likes this.
  7. caleb1138

caleb1138 Forum Resident

I'm trying to make an account but after I enter my informaiton and click the "create account" button nothing happens. Anybody else have this issue?

8. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Was the VH set limited or did they merely allocate a certain number for this sale?

9. harikamboji

harikamboji Forum Resident

I didn't find any info about the 3LP Led Zep 1, even after lots of mouse clicks and discogs searching. You'd think at least they could supply a track listing or something.

10. Pali Gap

It's the 2014 remaster with 2 extra discs containing the Olympia Paris 1969 live show. The entire catalogue had deluxe versions released in the same way. Just type 'Led Zeppelin deluxe' in Discogs search.

mur and webbcity like this.
  11. Pali Gap

You can also checkout as a 'Guest'. If you're having problems send an email to customer service.

caleb1138 likes this.
  12. webbcity

webbcity Confused Onlooker

Here you go: Acoustic Sounds

Fred Dender and harikamboji like this.
  13. Elephant Talk

Elephant Talk Well-Known Member

Try using a different browser. Make sure no add blockers are being used. If Firefox gives me trouble on the Rhino site, then I'll go to Internet Explorer and that usually solves the issue.

14. Elephant Talk

It just hasn't been available in well over a year.

15. Pali Gap

Yes but things have been known to become available for this major Xmas sale. Also don't see why they'd continue to list an item that's unavailable for an extended period of time.

16. yes, exactly. A couple of clicks plus the time to differentiate between what I'm looking at. And in this case, on an iPad, using my mifi while on a moving train and its not a 30 second proposition. I'll stand by my point that if you are selling something you should be providing info on the product. But that's just my opinion

harikamboji likes this.
  17. Pali Gap

CC23WMX10

Ho Ho Ho!!

18. Elephant Talk

Thank you Santa! Now I'm compelled to purchase a Zep box set. The Song Remains the same 4lp, or How the West was Won 3CD/5LP. Does one stand out as being the must have of the two (better sound quality, performance, etc.)? Either set list works for me. BBC sessions sounded rather muffled on Zep's YouTube channel.

19. TNhillbilly

TNhillbilly Doctor Wu

It was the same situation with the Joni Reprise box. I checked right after it was posted and it was already unavailable.

20. caleb1138

caleb1138 Forum Resident

If I were choosing between the two I'd get How the West Was Won. I think the performances are supposed to be better and the mini-acoustic set adds some variety to the track listing. By the way, check out Prof. Stoned's BBC remasters (just search on Google) if you weren't happy with the official stream.

Elephant Talk likes this.
  21. TNhillbilly

TNhillbilly Doctor Wu

Agreed. They give like no information on the release. A simple UPC # would be great.

22. Pali Gap

Of the 3, BBC is actually my 'must have'- SQ does vary a bit as it's compiled from multiple locations, but absolutely essential early material.

Elephant Talk and caleb1138 like this.
  23. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I used guest, and tried Google, then Brave, and nothing happened when I hit buy button or whatever it was. I then used Edge browser and was able to complete transaction as a guest. Took three tries with diff browsers.

24. caleb1138

caleb1138 Forum Resident

Same here. I ended up ordering through the Chrome app on my phone. Imagine going to a real store and not being able to take the items off the shelves.

25. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

Am I the only one underwhelmed by this sale? Seems like pricing on everything isn’t really that far from what these hit at retailers periodically throughout the year