Rhino 12 Days Of Christmas (Ramones)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by palisantrancho, Dec 1, 2022.

1. caleb1138

caleb1138 Forum Resident

I thought the prices were good for the things I was interested in, and the discount code sealed the deal for me. They had The Last Waltz 3-LP for about $35 and the least expensive copy of that pressing on Discogs is $55. I bought the Joni Mitchell archives CDs since they were priced far lower than anywhere else and, in the case of the first volume, seemed hard to come by.

hutlock likes this.
  2. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

The release date for the Van Halen vinyl box that I ordered was supposed to be last Friday. Who knows when they'll get around to actually shipping it out.

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Their shipping takes forever during normal periods. Add in the sale and the holidays…

jason202 likes this.
  4. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

The bigger ticket the item, the better deal it is.

But my BBA live '73 & '74 set is not discounted nor scheduled to be. Even with the discount code it is found cheaper elsewhere. And since it is not Rhino exclusive, I may be forced to buy it elsewhere. I can wait a bit on it for now. Maybe an after Christmas sale on it?

5. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

More like several of your credit cards declined at the register after talking items off the shelf - when you know your cards are all find because you just filled up the gas tank and had a nice dinner out - and now the record store says cards declined. They really need to look into this and fix it.

caleb1138 likes this.
  6. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I got my Yes 21 LP set in 5 days after purchase. Three days to ship and two days to arrive. So it's not a sure thing that it will take that forever.

hutlock and Fred Dender like this.
  7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Wow! That’s truly impressive that you got it that fast.

8. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I know it was surprising. I had ordered at like 3am and so they had that full first day to deal with it which helped - but still.

Nice pressings and beautiful quality printing on jackets with the set too.

hutlock and aoxomoxoa like this.
  9. Vinyl Junkie

Vinyl Junkie Forum Resident

It’s back in stock now.

10. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

By some miracle my Van Halen box has shipped! Maybe they've learned from their past mistakes.

11. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Ha! And so it is at nearly double the price!!! :thumbsdow

12. the 40% discount/$90 price was the 12 days of Christmas sale (or whatever they called it). It was only available for a few days. I suspect they allocated a certain number for discount to drum up interest. I slept on it and lost out and not sure I can stomach the $150 price tag now. On he other hand, the FOMO is string with this one

hutlock likes this.
  13. Vinyl Junkie

You mean retail price?

14. Vinyl Junkie

It’s defiantly tempting. Its equates to $25 bucks per album, not all bad considering other boxsets. The discount code posted up the thread can be used as well.

15. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

I know!!! I'm just spoiled by all these Hoffman forums sales and discounts. :wiggle:

throwupmyhands likes this.
  16. Thanks! I had missed the coupon code. Just pulled the trigger; $140 shipped. Wife is gonna be pissed but whatevs, its only money. Deep Discount has most of these for $23.xx but Fair Warning isn't available and MD shows its backordered. Getting them all in a nice little bundle rather than having to hunt one down is worth the $. Just need to forget the pre-order deal and never look at it at Rhino again

17. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I just got my Van Halen vinyl box set via UPS. I was surprised to see that this set also includes the replica backstage passes like those included in the Walmart reissues. There was noticeable wear on the hype sticker and on the individual record jackets, like they'd been around for a while.

18. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Maybe walmart send backs ? like still sealed but walmart returned some back to the Distributor ?

jason202 likes this.
  19. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

My issue with ordering the BBA live '73 & '74 set, is that there is not one photo or box set opening video that shows the vinyl records and labels. OK, fine but that black vinyl is listed (at Discogs) as on the Atco label, and the grape as Rhino. I wanted a vintage label design and was willing to go black vinyl to get that, even if I'd rather have the colored and would even pay more. But no one could answer my question here on that.

All copies shown at Discogs are still sealed, all ebay still sealed, Rhino site has no labels shown, a SH member who bought it has a picture or two posted up but it's still sealed, no labels shown. This box is being kept sealed by every one I have seen thus far. The box opening videos on YT are all for the CD sets, no vinyl.

So I ordered the black vinyl for the lowest price and Atco cat# and said screw the colored vinyl.

20. If they were Walmart send backs how could Rhino advertise this as a "pre-order"? Ugh, sounds a little sketchy

21. scottabs

scottabs Senior Member

BBA? Just curious who that is as it doesn't seem to match any of the artists on sale this year:
    12/1 - Fleetwood Mac
    12/2 - Black Sabbath
    12/3 - The Monkees
    12/4 - Joni Mitchell
    12/5 - Van Halen
    12/6 - Depeche Mode
    12/7 - Yes
    12/8 - The Band
    12/9 - Stevie Nicks
    12/10 - David Bowie
    12/11 - Sex Pistols
    12/12 - Led Zeppelin

Blind Boys of Alabama? :winkgrin:

quicksrt likes this.
  22. JerryLived

JerryLived Forum Resident

Band Brother Allmans

caleb1138, scottabs and quicksrt like this.
  23. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

Beck, Bogart & Appice.

scottabs likes this.
  24. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

everything today is sketchy with these companies :laugh:

I just wonder if walmart had excessive stock Or if Rhino found some never shipped in the warehouse ? I had thought the backstage passes things was a walmart exclusive ?

25. I feel like I read somewhere, maybe Walmart reviews or Discogs comments, people complaining that the Walmart releases were missing some albums and duplicates of others. When I started searching around to see if I could piece the set together I found everything but Fair Warning on Deep Discount for $23.50 or so. I can't find Fair Warning anywhere (MD shows its out of stock). When Rhino announced this set as available for pre-order, I assumed (I know, I know) that maybe the griping about the Walmart release was accurate and someone in the VH family (Alex?) authorized a second go at the collection through Rhino hoping for better results. I also assumed this wasn't NOS or castoffs from the previous run but rather, new pressings. I commented somewhere upthread about my disappointment in the lack of info about some of these Rhino 12 Days releases. Time will tell. If it arrives complete and in new condition then it was probably worth the purchase in the long run

On a side note, one thing that kinda pushed me over on buying this was an incident with my 14 yo son about a week or so ago. We were driving through the neighborhood and I noticed one of the neighbors had a large lit up inflatable Menorah in front of their house. I instinctively began to sing, "David Lee Roth, lights the Menorah..." to which my son immediately replied, "Who is David Lee Roth?" I couldn't even answer him, I felt like I was failing him as a parent :shake:. He prefers Hip Hop which is fine, but he will know who David Lee Roth is soon enough :D

mur and Davidmk5 like this.