Rhino to issue massive Woodstock 1969 box set - **SOLD OUT!!**

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SM7609, May 8, 2019.

1. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Yes. I was reasonably happy with the eventual outcome of the US/UK issue but sadly since then it has not been a happy time. I have been fairly relaxed about this up to now but I do think that somebody should have got a grip by now in view of the imminent, and to some important, anniversary date that there should be communication with a resolution rather than a case of we are now looking into the matter. That is not action but delaying a response.

2. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

I think the some of the people processing the orders took the brown acid. o_O:help:

fdog, Miller92473, JNTEX and 6 others like this.
  3. Dondy

Dondy Forumaniac

Hey, everybody!

Would you believe!! I just got a mail from Dana at the Teutonian Customer Service telling me that they had "already shipped the box" and I would get the posters later - with no additional postage charged. Signs & wonders - and cudos to whoever made this possible. ;)
    Fingers crossed for all of you who are still on tenterhooks. There is hope, folks!

fdog, jhm, kees1954 and 6 others like this.
  4. flaxton

flaxton Forum Resident

They look a bit old for college kids. Perhaps they stayed on longer in the USA.

Frank Discussion and Bradd like this.
  5. flaxton

flaxton Forum Resident

This discussion seems to be longer than the actual Woodstock festival.

RiRiIII and audiomixer like this.
  6. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

It seems whoever first planned the marketing and distribution of these sets only really planned for domestic shipping. There should always be added time to ship from US to any international address. So perhaps they should have been releases July 2. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I hope all you people get your big boxes soon.

Imagine70 likes this.
  7. Buggsy

Buggsy Well-Known Member

no, it ain't. (this is the original poster by arnold skolnick)

JNTEX likes this.
  8. Buggsy

Buggsy Well-Known Member

hey, dondy - the first good message for ages on this matter! when did you email her last time?

wownflutter and Imagine70 like this.
  9. Graham Clark

Graham Clark Well-Known Member

Just dropped into my inbox!

UK, ordered in May.

Hi,

We can confirm that your order of WOODSTOCK 50 - BACK TO THE GARDEN: THE DEFINITIVE ANNIVERSARY ARCHIVE boxset has now shipped.

Your poster set will be sent at a later date.

As soon as your order has shipped you will receive a shipment confirmation email with all the relevant details for your order.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay and if you have any additional queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Warner Music Customer Service

10. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

Email on 17.10:
    Hi,

We can confirm that your order of WOODSTOCK 50 - BACK TO THE GARDEN: THE DEFINITIVE ANNIVERSARY ARCHIVE boxset has now shipped.

As soon as your order has shipped you will receive a shipment confirmation email with all the relevant details for your order.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay and if you have any additional queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Warner Music Customer Service

11. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Same here. It seems the pressure affected all pending orders. Thanks to you who contacted them in the first place.

12. Inoffarts

Inoffarts Well-Known Member

Yes! I received the same email. :goodie:

13. Dondy

Dondy Forumaniac

Yep, indeed! I mailed dear Dana earlier today. ;)

dormouse likes this.
  14. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

I have got the same shipment message too, but I'll take it with a grain of salt until it gets confirmed by a tracking number (or the package arrival).

BTW, the order status page still displays it as unshipped ("packing").

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Imagine70, Graham Clark and dormouse like this.
  15. Buggsy

Buggsy Well-Known Member

. . . and here the update on my part: a few moments ago i got the very same confirmation - the box sets are being shipped now and posters being forwarded "accordingly" (whatever that means, but i don't give a f"°* anyway). now what about a bet as to when the boxes might eventually arrive . . . ?! :waiting:

Imagine70, Dondy and dormouse like this.
  16. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

I think they just made this decision. They still have to arrange things with a carrier. So I expect further shipping info not before monday next week.

17. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Like others I have just received the same email.

I suspect the CEO emails have prompted this. There is not usually a delay when instructions come from the top. I had not had the chance to add my own email to the CEO's inbox as this arrived just before I arrived home. I will hold fire now to see if the words are matched by actions. It does appear that this email is Europe-wide so I suspect it does not actually mean that they have all actually left the warehouse en-masse. However if it does mean that they are heading for the door I am not going to split hairs. Time will tell.

Thank you to those who took the proactive steps here. Let us hope that we will all be enjoying the festival soon.

18. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Damn, the crowd was absolutely drooling over TYA. I thought Sly got the biggest applause.............maybe not.

19. Buggsy

Buggsy Well-Known Member

anyway - all we got to join in on the official festivities now is wxpn 88.5 . . . who would've thought that back in may?!

DougB217 and Imagine70 like this.
  20. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

This Friday would be good for me! However two pigs have just flown past my window and neither was carrying a heavy package, so I'm resigned another week or so. ;)

Imagine70 and Louis Bova like this.
  21. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I have just re-read the email and am not 100% sure what it tells us:

We can confirm that your order of WOODSTOCK 50 - BACK TO THE GARDEN: THE DEFINITIVE ANNIVERSARY ARCHIVE boxset has now shipped

Does that mean it is in the post?

Fair enough. The honorable thing to do if there was a genuine issue with the poster shipment and it arrived damaged in Europe.

Now here is the interesting part. Does this relate to the shipment of the poster or the boxset? Looks to me like the first statement should have read that the shipment was being prepared and that further details would follow. It is unlikely that all of these boxsets in various European contries would have been simultaneously shipped. I'm not moaning if the momentum is building but I think that we should perhaps be prepared for a slight delay! Anyone know where the European shipments will go from? I suspect they were all shipped to one dispatch point which presumably could be in any European country.

Imagine70 and jay.dee like this.
  22. JJJ66

JJJ66 Forum Resident

I got the same at 16:10 BST, which is good news. There is a bit of a disconnect between the 1st and third sentences: "your order ... has now shipped" and "As soon as your order has shipped you will receive a shipment confirmation email" - well, according to the first sentence it has shipped, so I should be getting the shipment confirmation email now. Which of course hasn't arrived.
    But at least there's some sort of progress.

Imagine70, dormouse and jay.dee like this.
  23. Buggsy

Buggsy Well-Known Member

i s'pose the boxes (and posters) will be shipped from the u.k. - on everything else i ain't too sure. funny the bit with the "slight delay"!:unhunh:

jay.dee and dormouse like this.
  24. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

its a free concert from now on....but that doesn't mean anything goes

[​IMG]

25. Buggsy

Buggsy Well-Known Member

. . .and we ol' european customers are the ones to take the "big bath" for the time being, aren't we?! :rolleyes:

Imagine70 and the pope ondine like this.