Rhino to issue massive Woodstock 1969 box set - **SOLD OUT!!**

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SM7609, May 8, 2019.

1. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

I just read in the Woodstock film book that her entire set wasn’t filmed and most sets were not filmed in their entirety.

dee likes this.
  2. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

she posted a couple months ago she saw it...:shrug:

3. RhyeKing77

RhyeKing77 Forum Resident

Just sent Mr. Cooper an email as well.

4. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

"...Be the first one on your block, to have your set come home in a box!"

Good luck!

5. JJJ66

JJJ66 Forum Resident

Well, come on all of you, Warners men
    Dr Rhino needs your help again
    He's got himself in a state of no joy
    Sending out boxsets from Illinois
    So put down your lunch and pick up the phone
    We're gonna have a damn good moan

And it's one, two, three
    What are we waiting for?
    Don't ask me about my box set
    Haven't got the damn thing yet
    And it's five, six, seven
    Why do we have to wait?
    Well there ain't no time to wonder why
    Their service just makes me cry

Well, come on now let's e-mail Cooper
    If he can sort it that'd be super
    Now you can go out and send those orders
    Especially those that have to cross borders
    And you know that peace can only be won
    When you've delivered them to everyone

6. sjaca

sjaca Forum Resident

Classic, well done!!

Imagine70 likes this.
  7. Dee Zee

Funny but don’t quit your day job. :)

Deek57 and Lucca90 like this.
  8. jruser

jruser Forum Resident

I've read every post in this thread, and this one brought me the most joy.

Chip TRG, marmalade166 and Imagine70 like this.
  9. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

They need to call the National Guard and helicopter everyone's orders. The shipping situation is more f#$ked than the road to Woodstock.

fdog, Imagine70, Miller92473 and 3 others like this.
  10. sjaca

sjaca Forum Resident

Here's the response. Not unexpectedly, devoid of any substance:

Dear Stephen,

It has come to my attention that you have not received your shipment of the Woodstock - Back To The Garden: The Definitive 50th Anniversary Archive box set.

We are currently working with our warehouse and UPS to expedite and ensure the delivery of your order.

We will update you on our progress as soon as possible.

We are very sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Dr. Rhino

Rhino Customer Service

My reply:

"Could you kindly ensure that UPS charges you and does not charge me shipping, as I have already paid you shipping charges with my order."

Enquiring further about timing seemed pointless.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    RhyeKing77, Imagine70 and jay.dee like this.
  11. kees1954

kees1954 Forum Resident

For me personally: 258.22 Euro to be exact. What a bummer :disgust:

12. chacha

chacha Forum Resident

I got a free promo of their first album Rock & Roll Is Here To Stay around October of 1969 when I was 14 and washed windows at my neighborhood record shop in SF. Thought it was enjoyable and pretty strong. Saw them the next month opening for The Kinks & Taj Mahal at Fillmore West. Same band as Woodstock. They were terrific and the audience loved them.

marmalade166, JNTEX, Mazzy and 6 others like this.
  13. zakbowen

zakbowen Active Member

I think for those in Australia who ordered through the US website, the same issue applies to those in Europe and the UK. Personally, my box is still waiting to be dispatched and haven’t heard a damn word from Rhino! Every day I get angrier and angrier at myself for not waiting until the Australian Store was up and running

Flaming Torch, Imagine70 and jay.dee like this.
  14. Dee Zee

I saw Sly and the Family Stone about a year later at Winterland, same band IIRC.

dee and chacha like this.
  15. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

This isn't a response from the CEO though. There is no way that a CEO would deal with a complaint to the top and allow someone to say we'll let you know in due course. If that is the response then you need to write again and ask if the Customer Service department speaks on behalf of the head of the company. They don't.

16. TornAndFrayed

TornAndFrayed Forum Resident

Thanks to everyone who escalated our UK/Euro issue to the CEO.

I also received the e-mail from WMG customer service and have my DHL tracking number :agree:

Let‘s hope we all receive our boxes on time this weekend for the anniversary. Looking forward to indulge in the music and what I have heard so far from the newly produced material on the 3 days HD tracks download and the new vinyl sets is excellent. The smaller packages have reaffirmed that ordering the big box was the right decision. They can keep their posters, I don‘t care. :laugh:

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for our Canadian members to have your customs clearance issue sorted out as quickly as possible. Really unfortunate...

17. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I was in the same situation and I was grateful that they cancelled my order and I had time to reorder through the European wing. However, as we were more or less misled by omission into believing it was a Stateside only deal as they delayed the European promotion that is exactly what they should have done. Had it been Amazon for instance they would not have taken your money with a no-return clause and you could have cancelled and reordered with no strings attached. The only time I have encountered this situation before was for the large Bob Dylan Cutting Edge set which was only available via the US. I bit the bullet, paid all of the additional charges (and did not regret the decision). This however was a different set of circumstances.

Grateful, yes, but it was the only honourable course of action that a reasonable company could have taken. It is not an excuse to then treat the buyer with contempt because you feel they owe you one!

The jury is still out I would suggest on this as we still do not have a promised delivery date and there are other territories such as Canada and Australia who are still in the dark regarding shipping.

We have to factor in that this was to many a very important anniversary and a large proportion of those buying the premium priced set (perhaps with the ambition to relive the Woodstock experience fifty years to the day later) have been let down. There is also the scenario where buyers have paid an enormous premium only to find that radio listeners get to hear everything completely free ahead of them receiving their sets which were ordered and paid for months in advance.

That is fair comment I would suggest.

18. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I agree with everything you say and too offer my grateful thanks to those who escalated the problem. It needed to be done and had the desired effect it appears although I have no tracking or delivery date promise as yet and although they claim it has been shipped it is a little unclear if this is actually the case.

I notice you are in Luxembourg, do you know where your package is being shipped from? And do you have an arrival date?

jay.dee and Imagine70 like this.
  19. TornAndFrayed

TornAndFrayed Forum Resident

My delivery address is actually in Germany although that should not make a difference.

I use the DHL app and it showed up shortly after I received the e-mail. I confirmed Warner is the sender, however, the current status only indicates that the shipment has been recorded in their system with no info on departure location and estimated delivery yet. I hope there will be further status updates during the night or tomorrow.

dormouse and jay.dee like this.
  20. steve gilmour

steve gilmour Forum Resident

I checked Warner UK for my status and it says Not Shipped???? AND i dont have that email. Can as nyone help me with a contact email im going crazy here!!

Imagine70 likes this.
  21. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

It sounds like we are all in a bit of a waiting room. There are probably a lot of people rushing around trying to get things moving but it is not by its very nature going to be instant. And to be honest I'd rather they didn't rush and do a poor packaging job at this point. Hopefully we will all be able to breathe a little easier in the next day or so. Be nice to get it for the weekend but I fear we have to be realistic about these things.

Fingers crossed for everyone, wherever you are in the world!

jay.dee and Imagine70 like this.
  22. steve gilmour

steve gilmour Forum Resident

Same here!!!! Do you have CEO email???

Imagine70 likes this.
  23. mikeh69

mikeh69 Forum Resident

I have the box , but I don't have that book that probably has all the info in it. Is some of this 2 track soundboard and some of it 8 multitrack tape... or is this all 8 track tape? I'm very confused. Can anyone give any technical detail about the shows?

25. Warren Hawk

Warren Hawk Forum Resident

Most all of the music has been remixed from the 8 track tape masters. The only stuff from the soundboard recordings or mono tapes are the stage announcements and the Melanie set (to my knowledge). The Mountain and Havens sets use vintage stereo mixes as the master tapes were not available. I think it sounds absolutely amazing for the most part. Woodstock is not an audiophile recording by any means. Recorded on 8 track but all of the music is on 6 tracks (1 for video sync and 1 for audience). I don't think they could do any better considering what they had to work with. To me it's a masterpiece as far as Woodstock goes....

BeatleJWOL, dee, giorgian00 and 9 others like this.