Rhino Woodstock box set - Shipping thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jay.dee, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fdog

fdog Well-Known Member

The wife didn't notice its arrival, phew, and now that she's off running errands... The set (as expected) was shipped on its own, no extra outer box or anything. UPS seems to have been pretty gentle with it (for them), so it's not too battered up or anything, just a lot of shipping stickers all over it. (I suspect USPS would have been a lot less pleasant with it, so maybe that part worked out for the best.)

#0075. At first glance, everything seems to be there and undamaged, all the right cds are in the right slots, no screws out of place. Second glance will be carefully extracting the cds, examining their playing sides, and putting them in jewel boxes of some sort. Playing them commences next week (once the wife goes back to work, she's had the whole summer off).

So 15 days between when I started pestering them to ship it out already and when it finally arrived.

2. JesseG

JesseG Forum Resident

We paid exactly how much the shopping cart quoted. All up $1164 (14 dollars 11 cents shipping), and, according to the tracking at Aus Post it's arriving tomorrow.

3. KarlFarbman

KarlFarbman Forum Resident

Meh, I wouldn't begin to equate waiting for a package to arrive in the mail to attending a 3 day all day and night marathon rock concert through driving rainstorms and mud, monumental traffic jams, lack of food, lack of water, inadequate bathroom facilities, medical facilities, and communications amidst 400,000 people tightly packed shoulder to shoulder. Methinks doth overprotesteth too much and are drastically stretching the very thin metaphors.......Dude, you were sitting in the comfort of your air conditioned home waiting for a box to be delivered for a few days.:laugh:

dormouse likes this.
  4. shadlet

shadlet Forum Resident

I am thrilled that you received a set like this. 1515 has scratches, from one to a series of several, on more than half of the disc surfaces. Received two automated messages and still waiting to hear back ...

richierichie likes this.
  5. mibrighton

mibrighton Forum Resident

Interested to hear if Warners have any stock to replace faulty/damaged discs.

I've taken all my discs out and put in there own jewel case. Visually inspected all and only have 2 with any marks . Probably look worse than really are but will give them a spin tonight to check.

Imagine70 likes this.
  6. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

This was of course written with a wink in my eye! ;)

Imagine70 likes this.
  7. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Terrible. DPD told me that this is a surface trasportation, and will take 8-9 working days to reach us from NL in Athens!

8. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I just had an email from Warner Customer Service apologising for the shipping cock-ups and saying they would be refunding the cost of shipping (£9) which they have already done. I'm hoping others have had the same email.

Imagine70, fdog, RiRiIII and 2 others like this.
  9. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident Thread Starter

You should be glad it's still summer, so the mountain passes are open and the river fords are crossable. If they'd released it in November you would've had to wait for spring to have it delivered. ;)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    RiRiIII likes this.
  10. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

...and at least these risks are avoided:

[​IMG]

11. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

Do you want me to ambush them?
    Anyway it's horrible.

jay.dee and RiRiIII like this.
  12. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

Still estimated for delivery today but there are 2 stages not yet fulfilled: sorted and out for delivery. So may have to wait another day.

13. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Sure! Take no prisoners.

Very cheap behaviour by Warner.

Imagine70 and jvs52 like this.
  14. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

Indeed. Just got a mail that delivery is delayed. Status is sorted and delivery is tomorrow.

dormouse likes this.
  15. TwoJokersInEveryPack

TwoJokersInEveryPack Forum Resident

Still waiting! I got an automated response to my e-mail to Dr. Rhino on Friday, and today I received the following:

"Hello Chris,

Thank you for your email.

Here is an update on our resolution process:

• If you are experiencing shipping issues with your order, we are currently working with our warehouse and UPS to ensure the successful delivery of your shipment. We will update you on our progress as soon as possible.

• If you have received your shipment and there is any damage and/or defective/missing items, we are currently working on procuring replacement stock. We will update you on our progress as soon as possible.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Rhino Customer Service"​

So, another holding e-mail, as the box was returned to sender nearly a fortnight ago for reasons which remain unclear.

Imagine70 and fdog like this.
  16. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Things advance. Borders crossed. Austria takes over:

21.08.2019 18:40 Hörsching (AT) In transit.
    20.08.2019 15:15 Veenendaal (NL)In transit.

2000 km to go.
    [​IMG]

More later.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  17. KarlFarbman

KarlFarbman Forum Resident

Wait, is this a battle plan for the invasion of Greece by Austria, or a delivery route of a box? :cop:

RiRiIII likes this.
  18. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

[​IMG]

19. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

Clear the roads, DPD emergency express car passing!

Crossing the Balkan used to be tricky in the old days.

RiRiIII likes this.
  20. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

:righton::)
    "We are in a mission from God!"

They may go via Italy though.

Imagine70 and jvs52 like this.
  21. JesseG

JesseG Forum Resident

August 22 6:36AM Onboard for delivery

RiRiIII likes this.
  22. JJJ66

JJJ66 Forum Resident

Not just New York State Thruway that's closed, then!

23. Phantomengineer

Phantomengineer Well-Known Member

No. 1674 here in good old East Anglia in the UK if I've remembered the number correctly. Everything in lovely condition, including unmarked and un-glue splattered discs. Having listened to a lot of the WXPN broadcast last weekend, I'll probably wait until the coming Bank Holiday weekend before listening to the discs themselves. I've got to get through The Kinks Village Green box before that. Now just waiting for the poster set... . After the shambles of Dave's Picks 31 delivery issues, this has been painless. Hope it works out similarly for others still waiting.

Imagine70 and RiRiIII like this.
  24. JesseG

JesseG Forum Resident

9:56AM Delivered. Be inspecting it all later this afternoon.

Imagine70 and RiRiIII like this.
  25. RhyeKing77

RhyeKing77 Forum Resident

Your set has been on quite the journey while mine incredibly still sits in Rhino’s Indiana warehouse a mere 12-hour drive over the US/Canada border to my house.

Imagine70, fdog, jay.dee and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.