Rhino Woodstock box set - Shipping thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jay.dee, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KarlFarbman

KarlFarbman Forum Resident

Has anyone from Canada gotten their box set from Rhino US? Have they explained why the delay? That's very odd.

sjaca likes this.
  2. Gez

Gez Forum Resident

I can't speak for other Canadians, but I suspect we are all in the same boat - parcel shipped via UPS in early August, "returned to sender" (i.e. Rhino/Warner) by UPS for "missing paperwork" - and subsequently no response to emails other than one automated email (we have received...blah, blah, woof, woof), no shipping updates, no parcel...

sjaca likes this.
  3. jrice

jrice Senior Member

Yup

Gez likes this.
  4. RhyeKing77

RhyeKing77 Forum Resident

According to UPS’s tracking, Rhino didn’t include the proper invoice and tax info for US customs so they were returned to less than a day after they were shipped. This was on the 7th.

This is the most they have sent me:

Thank you for your email.

Here is an update on our resolution process:

• If you are experiencing shipping issues with your order, we are currently working with our warehouse and UPS to ensure the successful delivery of your shipment. We will update you on our progress as soon as possible.

• If you have received your shipment and there is any damage and/or defective/missing items, we are currently working on procuring replacement stock. We will update you on our progress as soon as possible.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Rhino Customer Service"

Gez likes this.
  5. RhyeKing77

I bet they regret adding that “rate our customer service” option on their response emails.

Imagine70, fdog, sjaca and 1 other person like this.
  6. KarlFarbman

That's inexcusable for Rhino to not even have the proper paperwork to ship boxes to our neighbors in the Great White North. Hosers!

Imagine70, sjaca and Gez like this.
  7. Grippy

Grippy Forum Resident

Not just Canada.
    I'm in the same situation and live in Port Macquarie, Australia (400 km north of Sydney)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Imagine70 likes this.
  8. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

The last one of us to receive his box should have #1969.

Daryl M and RiRiIII like this.
  9. sjaca

sjaca Forum Resident

Ditto

10. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

This is not a shipping problem. I received a damaged box set-cracked wood ( 2 pieces) and crushed corner. I have yet to receive anything other than emails which say, essentially, “ we are working on it”. I have emailed and also called 3 times to speak with someone. No one there seems to have any specific information or the ability to resolve the problem-they defer you. After almost one month still no real answer from “customer service”.

Imagine70 likes this.
  11. mesfen

mesfen Senior Member

Has anyone in the US received their orders from the Euro Rhino Warner store? I got my shipping confirmation over a week ago and so far nada

12. KarlFarbman

Why would you buy from the Euro store if you live in the US? I got my box from Rhino US on Aug 2. They shipped from Indiana so you're in essence waiting for your box to go from Indiana to Europe, back across the Atlantic again to Kansas, instead of Indiana to Kansas down I -70.

13. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

Mine has arrived.:pineapple:

Daedalus, Imagine70, fdog and 2 others like this.
  14. mesfen

mesfen Senior Member

To save about $150, but I’m beginning to wonder

15. KarlFarbman

How are you saving $150? Taxes? My box with taxes, shipping all told was $877. And for me there was value in getting the box right away with minimal shipping.

16. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

I have #1692. Well packed, undamaged. Didn't check the disc's yet. Will put them in protective sleeves.

Imagine70, fdog, shadlet and 2 others like this.
  17. sjaca

sjaca Forum Resident

Interesting that the UPS tracking information refers to missing "receiver federal tax ID# required for submission to US Customs" as the reason for return. Forgive my ignorance, but isn't Canada Customs going to be assessing these packages at the border, not US Customs, and aren't the recipients Canadian individuals without any federal tax ID #?
    Just another bizarre entry in the Canadian non-shipment saga.

Imagine70 likes this.
  18. sjaca

sjaca Forum Resident

Any worry among fellow Canadians that we may not get the set at all, given that Rhino/Warner is and has been ghosting us for over two weeks (other than inane autoreply)?

19. jrice

jrice Senior Member

It has crossed my mind that we might just get refunds.

20. sjaca

sjaca Forum Resident

Me too, but not without a fight.

Imagine70, RhyeKing77 and jrice like this.
  21. zakbowen

zakbowen Active Member

What's your situation? I still haven't had mine shipped to Melbourne yet!

22. RhyeKing77

I think you’re correct on Canadian customs accessing the packages.

sjaca likes this.
  23. JesseG

JesseG Forum Resident

Where would we find the number of the box? We can't see it - once we do - I'll post what number we got. - All 38 discs are present - next job inspect them all and archive them into our collection as FLAC for easy listening (will update further when we have checked them all).... @KatCassidy

shadlet likes this.
  24. Grippy

Grippy Forum Resident

I've got the same auto reply that everyone else is getting about trying to resolve this fiasco with UPS
    I suspect that Rhino AND UPS are trying to pass the buck regarding the collection of taxes. Stupid when Oz customs can bill us after the box arrives in Australia.
    I just hope they (Rhino) don't just cancel the orders and refund the money at the end of the day. That would be BAD!!!

Imagine70 likes this.
  25. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

The number is on the smaller top inside of the wooden box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.