Rhino Woodstock box set - Shipping thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jay.dee, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamtheMan

SamtheMan Forum Resident

# 1691 arrived in London today around 8:30 am - I am over the moon as have to admit that my choice of Standard Shipping had me a bit worried yesterday.
    The packaging was superb - triple boxed with lots of strong bubble wrap between boxes - very impressive. Checked all contents and all seems well.
    Have to go for a cycle but have a pretty good idea what I will be doing the rest of the day.

Hope others have similar positive experience.

2. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Great. Have a great day!

Are the posters included?

SamtheMan likes this.
  3. SamtheMan

SamtheMan Forum Resident

Thanks - No Posters.

4. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Brilliant! Really good to hear some positive feedback regarding deliveries and packing. I had booked the day off to do some serious listening but I don't think mine will arrive now until next week. I'm jealous, but pleased for you. Have a fantastic day. I think I would have had to cancel the cycling!

SamtheMan, Imagine70 and jay.dee like this.
  5. popwombat

popwombat Forum Resident

Excellent news, SamtheMan, I wonder if yours is the first to arrive outside the US. It certainly bodes well for the rest of us. Hermes haven't received mine yet, maybe standard delivery gets it to you more quickly.

It's been such a relief to have missed the anniversary, it was turning me into a monster. I must try missing anniversaries of other things, perhaps my birthday...and I'd have cancelled the cycling too, if only having seen today's weather forecast!

SamtheMan, dormouse and jay.dee like this.
  6. Mark Snowden

Mark Snowden Forum Resident

#1854 just delivered, in same packaging as above. Working day can't finish quick enough now.

7. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident Thread Starter

Same here: "Shipment has been pre-registered in the Correos systems, pending deposit." :waiting:

dormouse likes this.
  8. Mark Snowden

Mark Snowden Forum Resident

I don't know where they are based.

9. Louis Bova

Louis Bova Forum Resident

For those of us here in the US that purchased for Warner Music Group UK it looks like shipments are moving along.
    I checked my tracking number and it shows, via DHL, that it's at Heathrow this morning.
    So good to hear about the extra packing to protect the "dingus".

jay.dee likes this.
  10. mibrighton

mibrighton Forum Resident

My tracking number at Hermes has a time when created , 30 hrs on it still says ' waiting delivery of your parcel '. !!

jay.dee likes this.
  11. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I know a lot of people overseas (Europe, etc) haven't received their boxes yet, so I hope no one takes offense to my next comment, which to me is funny/par for the course with Rhino.

I received my box on Wed 8/7 with no communication from Rhino that it shipped, no tracking number, nothing (other than a response from Dr. Rhino that he would expedite my box to ship ASAP - which was after it actually shipped - but neither he or I knew that).

Well yesterday, Thursday 8/15 at 10:49 pm I receive an email from Rhino stating:

"Good news, Your order is on the way" with a tracking number. Clicking on the tracking number shows my box was delivered (as I mentioned) on Wed 8/7. Talk about timely communication.

Good luck to all those who have yet to get the box (I'm hopeful you will get them in "time") - it is excellent and for me, listening in order of performance (even if takes a few weeks to get through) is fun and does give you more of a feeling "you were there". I haven't listened to anything but Woodstock since last week, even though I have other albums piling up to listen to.

dormouse and jay.dee like this.
  12. jay.dee

They must have run out of the packing tape at the Warner's warehouse and the guy they sent to buy it hasn't returned yet... ;)

Dondy and mibrighton like this.
  13. Buggsy

Buggsy Forum Resident

2 steps forward, 1 step back (or vice versa) - meanwhile the tracking # can't be identified anymore by dhl(???)! anybody having similar experiences lately?

jay.dee likes this.
  14. mibrighton

You jest , but knowing Warner's it may be close to the truth !!!

jay.dee likes this.
  15. jay.dee

Not surprising to be honest. If you do not fulfil your shipment registration by delivering a package (within a certain amount of time) it expires.

DHL has apparently a shorter expiration period than a national postal system (where I have been allotted despite paying for a courier delivery).

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  16. jay.dee

Oh c'mon, cut them some slack! They're a new inexperienced player on the market and need to catch up to compete with the seasoned professional distributors like Burning Shed, Bull Moose or Wayside Music. :)

Dondy and popwombat like this.
  17. popwombat

popwombat Forum Resident

Same here, to the hour. Mine says "Yesterday, 07:08. We're expecting your parcel."

Exciting stuff!

mibrighton and jay.dee like this.
  18. mibrighton

Actually I've sent a query to the super dooper special woodstock50 customer service team. I wonder when / if I will get a response.

popwombat and jay.dee like this.
  19. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Tracking still shows "We're expecting your parcel". It has a time 7:08 yesterday.

mibrighton and jay.dee like this.
  20. mibrighton

Ha , instant automated response . They are very busy (suprise, surprise) and will respond within 1 or 2 working days. No change there then.

fdog and jay.dee like this.
  21. TornAndFrayed

TornAndFrayed Forum Resident

Same here although it‘s back now. Status is unchanged since Wednesday and I don‘t think my box will be here by tomorrow :(

jay.dee likes this.
  22. sjaca

sjaca Forum Resident

Still zero contact concering shipments to Canada. Looks like we are at the end of the queue.

23. Dondy

Dondy Forumaniac

Nice report but forget it: I AM NOT ENVIOUS! NO, NOT AT ALL, NO WAY! (...off to my crying corner now...) :mudscrying:
    My tracking info is still at the "shipment announced" state just as it was two days back. :cussing:

24. steve gilmour

steve gilmour Forum Resident

Confirmed :) box and posters arriving by dhl in perth australia nect Wednesday. Gonna be a grest weekend next week

Louis Bova and jay.dee like this.
  25. Louis Bova

Louis Bova Forum Resident

Update ... set to arrive on Monday Aug 19th. :pineapple:

jay.dee and dormouse like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.