Rhino Woodstock box set - Shipping thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jay.dee, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Sorry to hear that Canada is still not sorted. Has there been a Canadian response from the CEO? Although it is only supposition on my part it is probable that a batch of emails high up did generate a change of procedure. One minute we can't send out the sets without the additional poster set. CEO complaints from various irate purchasers. U-turn and they are away. The courier is still awaiting my parcel but I do have a tracking number. I will give this until early next week before taking any action because I do know some have now been received in the UK/Europe. I'm guessing Canada is a different region and it needs some sort of organisation to get packages on the move. If CEO contact has not been made, do so, I think it may be the catalyst. If it has been made and Canada has not received any attention then a follow-up may be needed mentioning the precedent set with UK/Europe.

You have my sympathy. It is frustrating and I'm still not aware when my package will be passed to the courier. As of a few minutes ago I have not had a confirmation that the set is on its way.

Good luck and I hope everyone will soon be able to enjoy this groundbreaking set.

sjaca and jay.dee like this.
  2. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

I ended up with two Europe 72 suitcases after a situation such as yours back then...

Louis Bova and jay.dee like this.
  3. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Pleased to hear your good news. Another one ticked off!

Me next?

Louis Bova and jay.dee like this.
  4. Buggsy

Buggsy Forum Resident

i begin to feel like bill murray in "groundhog day": dhl tracking is up again, and again it says "shipment has been announced electronically. once shipment has been processed by us, you will receive further information." and so it goes, and so it goes - and where it's going no one knows!

dormouse and jay.dee like this.
  5. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Box arrived via Hermes. Big cardboard box with another smaller cardboard box inside within which is the wooden box itself. All present and correct and as expected no posters.
    At the bottom of the email from WMG Euro was the information of shipped by Hermes followed by the Hermes tracking number. That allows you to follow the progress of the box.

richierichie, dormouse and jay.dee like this.
  6. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident Thread Starter

Good to hear some good news from Australia. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Louis Bova and dormouse like this.
  7. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

And another down. Enjoy!

Did you get any tracking information from Hermes? Mine still shows "We are expecting a parcel"? Should I give up sitting by the letterbox for the time being, do you think!

jay.dee likes this.
  8. Flaming Torch

No tracking information via email from Hermes to start with. I registered with them yesterday but that seems to apply more to sending parcels. You do not need to register to use their unique tracking number. Just put it in their website and the various stages show up. The first change was today showing it was at a Hermes depot. Next was it was with a "friendly local courier" and out for delivery. Then later a delivery estimate of 10am to 2pm popped up. During this time I received emails from them with a couple of changes to the delivery times for today but it came within the first times given of 10 to 2.
    There are 3 Hermes depots near to me one in Hemel one in Dunstable and this area just outside the M25 is full of couriers! I am hoping to move to the middle of nowhere one day and will then retire from buying these types of product!
    Oh Hermes do an online answer service (I did not use it) where I would guess from your Warners Order number and your address they should be able to find their unique tracking number if Warners did not include it in the email.

dormouse and jay.dee like this.
  9. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

At least I will know what to expect now. Still expecting my parcel when I check with the tracking number. I guess my chance today has gone. Not sure if they do weekend deliveries? Will keep checking. Tomorrow may be difficult and Monday really. I expect it needs to be signed for?

jay.dee likes this.
  10. Flaming Torch

I did sign but the initial information stated a signature was not required because when I went for coffee I was able to request it was left in the shed and then when I came back I just removed that request. It would appear that at this point Hermes do not have the parcel yet but I would take a chance on using the online conversation thing.

11. popwombat

popwombat Forum Resident

If my info is correct, Hermes deliver on Saturdays but not Sundays or Bank Holidays, so tomorrow looks a good bet.

12. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Just received another load of bollocks from Warner.

They informed me that they shipped the big box on the 15th.

I replied that I checked with the courier on the 15th and that Hermes say they have not received the package, I also informed them that I checked again today, minutes before sending them (Warner) my reply, Hermes had still not received the package.

I also informed Warner that I was taking legal advise and would be seeking compensation and damages. Warner aren't the only ones who can come out with Bull Sh!t.

Jerry Horne, Imagine70, sjaca and 2 others like this.
  13. mibrighton

mibrighton Forum Resident

Um ok , I'm confused. My order is coming via Hermes . Order no with Warners is 17 digits with the last five 15957. When I check Hermes my shipment no is the same first twelve numbers then 14673. There is also a separate tracking no. Should I be worried , well after all this time God knows what I'm going to receive.

jay.dee likes this.
  14. popwombat

popwombat Forum Resident

Well, now people are starting to lose confidence again, and I'm quite easily influenced, being inexperienced with these things, so I'm going back to not believing any of this is real again.

Still, something arrived in the post today, but I'm afraid I can't talk about that...

15. popwombat

popwombat Forum Resident

Incidentally, richierichie, do you really think it's wise to threaten Warners with legal action so early in the process? Unless you're in the States (your location is extremely confusing, I googled it and can't seem to figure out where it actually is), deliveries have only started today. I wish you'd chill out a bit more.

I think it was mostly your pessimistic posts that got me worked up into a frenzy in the first place.

KarlFarbman likes this.
  16. WilliamWes

WilliamWes Likes to sing along but he knows not what it means

Hey guys, I posted on the other thread but I wanted to post something here too. I'm in NY, ordered in May, got the e-mail on August 2nd. The title of the e-mail has:

Rhino.com WebStore: Your order is on the way!

Then you click it and it says:

{Rhino logo}

Good news William!
    Your order is on the way.

Order #

Address

Order Summary:
    Back To The Garden: 1
    Dave Saltzman Poster Set: 0
    PDF: N/A

Shipped By: Order Number:

Now I found this in my Promotions Folder/Spam Folder on GMail. Check your spam folder.

It didn't take long to ship - about 4 days. The return address is from Warner in Franklin, Indiana on my box. I received 2 posters in the box - not sure if these are the Saltzman ones - one is an 'Aquarian Parking' poster and the other is a 'Stop Max's Hippie Music Festival' poster. It was in the folder with the original program, the fan's little book and the photos.

---
    Just a note - I don't think CEO's read e-mails. They have secretaries and assistants do that so hopefully whoever are the CEO's staff, they take into account that there's a lot of money that was sent them-this release should carry more weight than most releases from Rhino. This should be THE priority for them and hopefully it works out for everyone. Sorry you guys have to work for this when the money should have covered the work needed to get the box to you.

jay.dee likes this.
  17. Buggsy

Buggsy Forum Resident

OOOOOHHHH . . . something IS happening over here: dhl tracking says delivery on saturday 8/17, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. (CEST) - i didn't have any hopes for this weekend at all. right on!!
    listening to the quill broadcast at the moment - quite interesting.

jamesmaya and jay.dee like this.
  18. Imagine70

Imagine70 Forum Resident

No box set. No shipping email. No reply (including from [email protected] ).
    Chilled out I am not :cry:

Sadly it looks like I'll be forced to prepare a pre-action letter this weekend and pursue this via the small claims court.

:wantsome:

richierichie and mibrighton like this.
  19. popwombat

popwombat Forum Resident

I'm still chilled. I've got a cunning plan for what to do if I don't get my set. I'm going to spend a lot of time being really nice to some of the older forum members who have the set and maybe don't have kids of their own. I'm in this for the long haul.

Louis Bova and Imagine70 like this.
  20. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident Thread Starter

It really sucks. :(

Did you send them a proof of your card's transaction?

Imagine70 likes this.
  21. popwombat

popwombat Forum Resident

On reflection, given Imagine70's potentially unique situation, maybe there's some mechanism whereby some of us could chip in some of the money to fund the purchase of a flipper's set on ebay. I wouldn't do it for myself because ebay auctions are too much for my nerves, I confine myself to buy it now items. I'd be prepared to put in at least £100 to start the ball rolling.

Imagine70 likes this.
  22. Imagine70

Imagine70 Forum Resident

I sent the details but there is also a 'Payone Transaction ID' from their payments processor on my invoice.

My order would not have gone through on 10th May without payment and even if there were problems they have had more than 3 months to contact me. They sent me the 29th July "short delay" email like other European purchasers.

jay.dee likes this.
  23. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

My box is scheduled for DHL delivery on Monday (LA, Calif)

Louis Bova, richierichie and jay.dee like this.
  24. Imagine70

Imagine70 Forum Resident

That's a wonderful, kind and generous offer. It's nice to see that the spirit of Woodstock lives on.
    I hope someone from Warner/Rhino will see this and help get my problem sorted!

jay.dee, sjaca and popwombat like this.
  25. sjaca

sjaca Forum Resident

Don't waste your time emailing this address. Got the same useless response as I got after the CEO forwarded the email I sent to him to his "customer service" team.

jay.dee and Imagine70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.