Rhino's Fleetwood Mac and Yes remasters...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claus, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

Bad news... Rhino postponed their FM and Yes remasters... they were on the release schedule for June.

2. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Rhino has been all screwy lately. What's their deal.. They've been pumping out Monkees and Transformers DVD's like no tomorrow but they can't put out FM and Yes?!

3. ChrisM

ChrisM Reclusive Enabler

I know about the Yes titles that were on the schedule. What were the FM albums that were slated for remaster? (The Buckingham/Nicks era of FM is of no interest to me. So, if it was those, it doesn't matter to me.)

Cheers,
    Chris

4. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

Was Rumors in the works to be remastered? That's always been one of my favorites.

5. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Fleetwood Mac, Rumors, and Tusk. I think there were a couple more.

6. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

It's sad when you find out about an upcoming reissue when you hear it's been postponed!

Is there an approximate street date yet?

7. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Those were all that were announced. Somewhat disappointing, since singles from MIRAGE and TANGO IN THE NIGHT included non-album B-sides that have never been on CD.

8. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

I think maybe Mirage & Tango but I'm not sure..... there was a thread over on the ICE board about it but it crashed over the weekend and when it came back up the thread was gone.

9. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

No -- the only remasters announced were FLEETWOOD MAC, RUMOURS and TUSK.

10. jgrig0

jgrig0 Active Member

The Rhino YES CDs that I've bought (The Yes Album & Fragile) had phenominal sound! I can't wait until the do Close To The Edge!

Jerry of Cincinnati

11. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I second that! Close to the edge is my favorite Yes Album of the moment.

12. BIG ED

BIG ED Forum Resident

J of C,
    Have you heard the Rhino Box Set?
    Thanks,
    E.

13. Claus

Claus Senior Member Thread Starter

The new release date for the last batch of YES remasters is: 8/26

These come out on August 26 and is now joined by a new addition, Yes' Big Generator. The others, Close to the Edge, Tales From Topographic Oceans (2CD), Relayer, Going For The One, Tormato, Drama, and 90125.

14. jgrig0

jgrig0 Active Member

Thanks for the info!

I've never heard the box set but I'm sure it's pretty good. A lot of Yes' stuff was a little too much for me, but some of their individual albums are great! I'm also happy to hear that they are remastering 90125 and Big Generator too. A lot of folks didn't like the latter day line up with Trevor Rabin, but those 2 LPs were classics in my book. Love Will Find A Way was a terrific song. Thanks for the update.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.