Richard & Linda Thompson: Hard Luck Stories (1972-1982) [8CD Box Set; 11th September 2020]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DeeThomaz, Jul 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stan Butler

Stan Butler Active Member

I got my downloads ok from the Sound of Vinyl site at the time.
    I had a bit of trouble registering for the 15th November discs deadline, must have tried about five times, but eventually managed to do so on the 10th November.
    Apart from an acknowledgement on-screen message at the time, I've heard nothing further.
    I didn't get any email confirming registration. Did anyone or did you just assume that it went through ok?

Craig likes this.
  2. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Thats how it is for all of us. No email acknowledgment of registration or shipment notification of the replacement discs.

Craig and Stan Butler like this.
  3. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

So, home from work here in sunny Lancashire, and The Eagle Has Landed!! "Fake" invoice and all.

Gavaxeman and Craig like this.
  4. cdb3

cdb3 Forum Resident

I agree with citizensmurf - I am sure they will have manufactured spare sets so I am sure you will get one if you pursue it.

I am sorry about your parents but I hope they are now recovered.

mdekoning and Craig like this.
  5. Tim Rylance

Tim Rylance Forum Resident

If you look at the completed listings on eBay UK you will see that at least one person has been selling the download codes at £20 a time! (And getting positive feedback, so presumably they worked.)

6. HastingsBoy

HastingsBoy Forum Resident

Dreadful. Clearly not true music lovers. If you've paid for something then, fair enough, you can sell it. Selling what are effectively freebies is wrong.

Uncle Miles likes this.
  7. Mezzer

Mezzer Forum Resident

There's folks on this forum that have several duplicate replacement sets (one stated 5 or 6!) and others that are frustrated at getting no response to emails, let alone a download or replacement set. Hope some of you will consider passing on to those needing them. For myself, I received an additional box and if anyone would like this surplus to requirement set, am happy to send it, only requiring that postage costs are paid. Perhaps wait first to see if you have any joy with Universal though, so that you're sure that you have genuinely lost out.

8. HastingsBoy

I am Mr Six Copies. I've obviously kept one, two will be gifts to family and I have sent three to a Forum member. I'm not expecting any further copies.

9. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Arrived today (and got two sets ), played discs 1 and 2 thru on my Marantz which hated the original discs..and both play perfectly fine !

Such a shame as this is a great set ..so I’m gonna start all over and listen thru in full

10. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

Just curious... the folks who have received multiple copies—did you fill out the web form multiple times, or just send multiple emails?

Lost In The Flood and mrjinks like this.
  11. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I received my replacement discs today and am listening to disc one right now. Beautiful music that we can now fully enjoy. Getting the corrected discs and Neil Young’s Archives II in the same week is almost too much.

12. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Please keep me in mind - anyone with extra sets of duplicate replacement discs.

I submitted the replacement form two days before the deadline (November 13) but never received confirmation that it went through.......so might’ve been too late.

I’m in the US, so will at least wait until US people here mention getting theirs.

Thanks

13. OneLife

OneLife There’s Bowie, & then everybody else

Here is an updated cover for those who wish to ’pimp’ their replacement discs!
    Many thanks to Tim Rylance for creating the url for this numpty!
    [​IMG]

adamos, Galaga King, CraigVC and 12 others like this.
  14. HastingsBoy

I filled the form in multiple times because there was no clear acknowledgement of Registration. You were simply directed to another Universal webpage. I'm amazed that there was no checking done when the replacement discs were dispatched.

Galaga King likes this.
  15. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I loosened the slots using my little finger and there’s no chance they’re going to warp the discs now, if they ever did. But I totally understand your reticence.

16. OneLife

OneLife There’s Bowie, & then everybody else

Yes, I just wasn’t convinced that my email had gone through so did it a second and third time, hence three replacements! Whilst I fully commend how they’ve gone about replacing the discs (there’s many companies that could learn a thing or two here), their administrative checks could be better!

17. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

That's excellent, thanks!

That extra space between "6." and "Strange Affair" on the disc 6 track list plays havoc with my OCD. (Not your mistake, @OneLife, I know it's on the actual cover.)

Galaga King and OneLife like this.
  18. tms766

tms766 Forum Resident

Anyone else in continental Europe still waiting for their replacement discs?

19. DEAN OF ROCK

DEAN OF ROCK Senior Member

Will this get another release ever?

athensdrums likes this.
  20. poisonedhangman

poisonedhangman Forum Resident

Yeah. No way in ---- I would do that. I know there are people who missed the cutoff date or still probably haven't gotten their discs yet. Luckily. I know some RT fans who weren't able to order the set. They are getting a nice Christmas present this year!

HastingsBoy likes this.
  21. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Yep me too. For those that received them, where were they mailed from ? The UK ?

tms766 likes this.
  22. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

I did the form twice as wasn’t sure it worked the first time ! Ended up with 2

23. Could be - I live in Upstate New York, and I ordered a CD in August from an Amazon third party seller in the UK. Two months went by with no word and no product. I contacted the seller, and they told me to deal with Amazon. I cancelled my order and Amazon refunded my money. Two weeks later the CD from the UK showed up in my mailbox.

mrjinks and Collapsed Lung like this.
  24. Mezzer

Mezzer Forum Resident

You're the first to make a request and so certainly will do that - bear in mind though that postage to the US might be rather high. Will check to ascertain exactly how much it would cost. Posting without the plastic case would obviously reduce costs, but might be counterproductive!

LandHorses and mrjinks like this.
  25. fra_pe

fra_pe Forum Resident

Yes. Noch nichts angekommen;-((

tms766 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.