Ridley Scott's Prometheus (2012) - Alien prequel

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Solaris, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

All of these actions do require the audience to think, and to pay attention. Under what circumstances would the robot do what he did? He'd do it when he thought the engineers were all dead, and he had to start improvising and experimenting to see what possible legacy the dead engineers may have left them in the form of the vials.

2. I have to also point out that Weyland ha d a discussion before he was awakened and WE don't know what he told David to do. I have to agree with your post. It makes sense.

3. ynnek4

ynnek4 Forum Resident

The more I think about it the more I believe there are two types of Engineers; the peaceful version in the beginning versus the crazy, sinister, Alien-worshipping, half-alien Engineers on that moon.

Maybe these two factions are at war and the Evil Enineers are harvesting humans in order to make their "gods" (Aliens) to unleash on the peaceful Engineers.

4. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight Thread Starter

You're clearly a greater authority on film than any of the rest of us lower life forms. You should take your superior intellect elsewhere. We are beneath you.

5. Finally saw it tonight and thought the storyline was better than I had expected. The 3D was ok but really only added in a few scenes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.