Ringo: 'Let's remix the White Album'

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Clark V Kauffman, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

and of course the stereo mix to be remixed like the superior mono mix because mono is the only way to hear this song...

Price.pittsburgh likes this.
  2. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Giles Martin confirmed they are doing it in an interview to Rolling Stone I think when he was asked are there any more projects planned with Beatles albums after Sgt Pepper, he confirmed there was lots of leftover material as well that they planned to use.

auralden and Sgt Pepper like this.
  3. Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper Forum Resident

Nice one.

Carl80 likes this.
  4. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member

I had read that he back tracked on that. I do hope you are right

Carl80 likes this.
  5. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Because even if it seems HERE like "everyone" has it, in the wider Beatle fandom only a small percentage of fans have probably heard it -- never mind owning it on a factory-pressed CD. Outtakes this good deserve official release in the best possible sound, regardless of how widely they've been booted. By your logic, they might as well not include the Esher demos either!

6. Ettan

Ettan Forum Resident

Spectacular

applejam101 likes this.
  7. BeatlesObsessive

BeatlesObsessive The Earl of Sandwich Ness

It's nice for them to string it out... but I think they should do BOTH the White Album and Let It Be deluxe packages targeting the 50th anniversaries of Nov 68 and January 69. It could be a very big year for them that way as the maximum number of old fans will still be here to afford, enjoy, and be alive to see the release as opposed to waiting till may of 2020 for an library rerelease.

8. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Giles Martin presents Get Back 2019.

9. schnitzerphilip

schnitzerphilip "Modern Dad" Unlocked Award

The White Album doesn't need a remix. And the demos sound lousy. In order to get my money they need a lot of outtakes. A lot.

10. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

The demos sound great when mixed from the original masters (as on A3). I hope to see the entire Esher demos tape as a disc of it own -- along with lots of outtakes too, of course.

Ettan, gottafeelin and aoxomoxoa like this.
  11. Jackstar74

Jackstar74 Forum Resident

The White album demos that circulate are not from the Masters. However the demos on Anthology 3 sound great and are directly from George's reels

YpsiGypsy, Ettan and Sean Murdock like this.
  12. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

Ringo, when are we getting Abbey Road?

13. Yannick

Yannick Forum Resident

Hasn't Danger Mouse already remixed the White Album? I wonder how Ringo likes that one.

14. marcb

marcb Senior Member

15. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

....with more Ringo

16. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident

I thought they knocked it out of the park with the 2009 remaster. I am starting to feel like all these remixes and remasters every few years is going to end up like the 50 versions of Dark Side of the Moon that are out there. There's nothing wrong with the original mix and the mastering on the 1987 and 2009 is more than decent.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  17. marcb

marcb Senior Member

And Paul...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.