Ringo: 'Let's remix the White Album'

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Clark V Kauffman, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"....like we did last summer..."

majorlance likes this.
  2. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

I understand why folks want reissues of historic mono mixes from an era when more attention was paid to mono mixes.

I cannot imagine any benefit to doing a new mono mix rather than a new stereo or 5.1 mix. Unless it was drastically different in a creative way, I would listen to it as often as I hit the mono button on my preamp when listening to a stereo album. Which is to say, never.

Ok, once just to confirm nothing real creative and interesting had been done that warranted my attention.

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  3. Klassik

Klassik Guerilla BeatLOLogist

Sean Lennon, if he said that, isn't much of a Beatle fan. Lennon's heavily on the record as saying Magical Mystery Tour is his fave.
    Indeed, the clip of him saying it has so far made it into Anthology and the Magical Mystery Tour documentaries

blutiga likes this.
  4. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

+1.

Center the rhythm section and lead vocals, at least.

enro99 likes this.
  5. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Yes it is hard to imagine that Sean might have a bit more information than what's in a film clip.
    o_O

supermd, Sordel, blutiga and 6 others like this.
  6. MoonPool

MoonPool Senior Member

I realize this is The Beatles, and Apple, etc. and so the price is likely to be higher than other equivalent sets, but for those concerned that more than 6 disks will make this stupidly expensive, I'd like to point out that King Crimson has done Deluxe box sets, complete with posters, additional artwork and extensive booklets and they contain up to 23 disks and still sell for less than $200.00. So, given they have a smaller market share and likely wouldn't get the bulk discount on pressing and printing The Beatles would get, I see no reason we couldn't get a 10 or 12 disc set for under $200 for the White Album. But I'm not in charge.

aphexj likes this.
  7. Chuckee

Chuckee Forum Resident

Lennon said he preferred his music on the White Album to Sgt. Pepper in the Rolling Stone interview circa 1970.

MelodyFair, andrewskyDE and ParloFax like this.
  8. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

I think they should release the WA in the summer of 2018, Let It be in 01/30/2019(50th of the Rooftop gig, Im sure you guys know that) and Abbey Road in September 2019. A good 6 months between those last 2 and a year waiting for the White Album since the Pepper release this year, which kinda makes sense since its a double album(double album=double waiting!)

andrewskyDE likes this.
  9. Yes, that's what I thought I had read.

Chuckee likes this.
  10. feinstei9415

feinstei9415 Forum Resident

A legitimate reissue of "Take Your Knickers Off" Revolution 1 in surround would be a fabulous addition. Also, the full version of "It's All Too Much" with the missing verse in surround would be incredible! It'd be nice to hear Paul's "Back In the USSR" final ending which is faded out on the stereo mix but audible on the mono mix. Lots of opportunity here!!!

Fullbug and 2141 like this.
  11. The Ole' Rocker

The Ole' Rocker Forum Resident

Well, if it's already widely available, then he has no responsibility to include it in the set.

12. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

Giles would use the mono mix as the basis for the remix. Could sound amazing

13. Doesn't really need remixin. Both the stereo and mono work great.

But hey let's repainted the Mona Lisa a different color. :tiphat:

14. Klassik

Klassik Guerilla BeatLOLogist

Hey as long as it sounds 'like you're actually in the room with them', why not?

15. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Sure, as long as there are cows to cash, they will do it. No integrity is left.

BDC likes this.
  16. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

You bet they're already into doing this project!
    And I will by the super deluxe.
    With all the diversity of the White album, we are in for a Bigger treat than Peppers!! :goodie:

Beave

DeeThomaz likes this.
  17. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

...and once released, we can all look forward to page after page after page of whiny complaints

18. You should read my original post. I basically said the same as you just said. I mentioned I could not figure what new "mix" wise could be done with Abbey Road, other than a MONO mix, since I doubt there will be Hi-Rez or a 5.1 mix while these deluxe projects are going on.

19. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

I'm Loving this!

:-popcorn:

Beave

20. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

Erase it and replace with Not Guilty.

musicfan37 likes this.
  21. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Why would you doubt that when they just did that with Pepper? I see the 5.1 mix and outtakes as the main point of these deluxe projects.

22. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

I bet Ringo would like to put his drums on the first two tracks.

MelodyFair and Bingo Bongo like this.
  23. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

So, shouldn't we have a similar thread for Abbey Road? More the merrier, right?

24. I was thinking the exact same thing. Thank you.

chacha likes this.
  25. joefont

joefont Senior Member

I think the White Album is fine (for the most part) just as it is. It's Rubber Soul that needs remixing!

bhazen and A well respected man like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.