Ringo Starr - New Album “What’s My Name” 10/25/19*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by enfield, Mar 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

As Jack commented, it'll become apparent when the time comes. Relax, the thing hasn't even been officially announced!

Granted, I am no solid proponent of patience lol!

2. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

so this would have been nothing to do with Ringo new album ?

3. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

That's what I think. I have no inside knowledge of anything - but 2020 is John's 80th birthday - it just seems feasible, that's all.

4. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

Nonono... could be. Personally I'm hoping for threetles on tape..

Elliottmarx likes this.
  5. Victor46542

Could be ! In 1990, Ringo did something

6. johnny moondog 909

But we need to know if its threetles on tape or just lunch ? Actually Jack Douglas announced it, he's partially retracted or denied it..but said we'll find out !

Haven't you ever been on a Threetles hunt?....the best possible news is John Paul & Ringo on tape...but we don't know that...well you might.

Just to be clear then, Jack Douglas brought the soup & stayed for the bongo jam & Yoko broke up the Beatles ?

7. Victor46542

With the profile picture of maccawings, I think there is something about Grow Old Me... Mayeb with John or not. You can be involved in a track in so many way...

I think that we should wait and see and I'm sure, that we will sure "of course, it's that !"

8. johnny moondog 909

Strangely I was at this session...er or in the building... in the adjacent studio...they were get this....in the small studio !! Wanted that Yer Blues closet feel

theMess likes this.
  9. johnny moondog 909

I might be responsible for this...I messaged Mr Douglas 3-4 days ago asking him to clarify about this...he didn't answer me directly... but he read it...of course 50 other people might've messaged about this too..I think it was me though...we both hail from a different world ...the 60s

Apparently he was misquoted pretty badly...but still there's a semi beatle reunion story here, maybe Macca wings will clarify......are Mike C & Macca Wings on the same team or adjoining teams, they seem to handle seperate areas of these beatle things...

I've been waiting 24 years for the 3rd Beatles reunion tune, & you mean to tell me they cut in line & did the 4th song instead, holy mackerel...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    BlueJay and Elliottmarx like this.
  10. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Lol! I may preach patience but ask my friends, my actions are quite different! Unfortunately, I will not be hinting or teasing on this one. I’ve been told to shut up, shutting up! If leaked release date is accurate, announcement should be sooner than later

And Mike and I are on the same, adjoining team!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  11. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

I’m thinking next week (Tuesday 9/10?) but what do I know. If the rumored release date is 10/25 and there is some truth to the 7 week rule, then the announcement would have come today 9/6. But with all the Hey Grandude stuff going on, maybe it was moved to next week.

12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

If I had to guess (which makes it no better than anyone else’s). I’d guess next week.

Disclaimer: that is not based on any factual information and is just a personal guess

13. kevintee

Then my guess is in good company. ;)

johnny moondog 909 likes this.
  14. johnny moondog 909

I could care less about the date...I want to know the bottom line..about content or lack of content....a new Ringo album is kinda like a city bus, another comes along every 20-30 minutes, I wanna know about 1 or 2 or 3 on the same piece of tape...er digital file.

15. kevintee

And you will know
    And you might know all those things on the announcement date.

Patience, Grasshopper

johnny moondog 909 likes this.
  16. johnny moondog 909

Yeah...you are right....its probably a false alarm...anyway...we'll see... & thanks

kevintee likes this.
  17. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

No, I cannot.

I have no insider info, so I am in the dark too.

But Mr Douglas often speaks in confusing terms. He previously talked about working on a reissue of John's Live In NYC album, which has never seen the light, as well as mentioning some secret conversation that he had with John on December 7th or 8th, 1980, in which John revealed something very mysterious. I have no idea though ...

theMess and MPLRecords like this.
  18. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Not to change subject, but pictures from the Hey Grandude signing are starting to appear on Facebook/social media

Victor46542 likes this.
  19. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Jim Keltner on cowbell! Great stuff. But why was this never officially released? I believe it came out on one of Ringo's innumerable live video (VHS) releases, but never on audio. Seems a shame. It could so easily have been added as a bonus track to one of there many Time Takes Time re-releases.

theMess likes this.
  20. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

#RingoStarr on Twitter

"Hanging out with BENMONT. Steve Lukather Joe W Jim K. and myselfDoing a program for the Beatles channel plus getting ready to promote my new CD peace and love."

[​IMG]

21. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

I haven't seen Keltner since the Little Village days -- he looks good!

vallilalainen and forthlin like this.
  22. Arnold Grove

Looks like an AA meeting, with Ringo giving a testimonial...

23. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

All-Starrs Anonymous. ;)

24. Arnold Grove

What are the 12 AA steps?

1. Acknowledge that you like Octopus' Garden.
    2. Acknowledge that your career is over but you are willing to be a sideman to a more-famous person.
    3. Acknowledge that you joined just so that you can look at Barabara Bach every day.

Feel free to add steps 4 through 12

;)

johnny moondog 909 and planckera like this.
  25. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

The Big Book contains nothing but the lyrics to No No Song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.