Ringo Starr - New Album “What’s My Name” 10/25/19*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by enfield, Mar 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

Ok- so tell us what we DO need.

BluesOvertookMe and intv7 like this.
  2. Ludger

Ludger ISthisALLreal, ISthisALLnecessary, ORisTHISaJOKE?

So very true!

Syd Avett and Maidenpriest like this.
  3. Ludger

Ludger ISthisALLreal, ISthisALLnecessary, ORisTHISaJOKE?

A super deluxe edition of the 'Ringo' album maybe?

Hep Alien and Christian Hill like this.
  4. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

He’s unstoppable.

5. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Yep, like Thomas.

6. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

Very surprised as his last album performed about as well as Rotogravure, didn't it?

Either way, always happy to have more Ringo.

7. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

.....because one of these albums will be his last one....and once the "legendary" Ringo Starr kicks the bucket, that final album will then sell in droves....until the requisite "best of..." comes out 2 weeks later

8. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I buy them:cheers:

9. popscene

popscene Senior Member

I will take full advantage of this glorious time where I can still look forward to brand new music by a Beatle. It won’t always be like this.

Long may drumming be his madness!

10. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Ringo's albums have just been getting better over the past decade. For my money, Give More Love was the best album he's had since Vertical Man. Bring on a new one!

11. wino14

wino14 Forum Resident

With the exception of Egypt Station I've enjoyed Ringo's releases a bit more than Paul's lately.

Jerryb likes this.
  12. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

"Ringo's BMG deal means the company is now the home of over 150 of his titles, including the Beatles' tracks 'Octopus's Garden' from the seminal LP 'Abbey Road' and 1968's 'Don't Pass Me By' from their self-titled ninth studio record, which he penned, and all future works."

I thought Sony still held the rights to those??

Hep Alien likes this.
  13. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

14. popscene

popscene Senior Member

“What usually happens is – it doesn't matter what people are doing. I direct it to the place I want it to be. Which is usually peace and love." - Ringo on the collaboration process

In the tradition of Talking Heads’ More Songs About Buildings And Food and The Undertones’ “More Songs About Chocolate And Girls,” I’m ready for Ringo’s new album More Songs About Peace And Love (And Liverpool). :D

15. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

Very excited for this release, Give More Love, was one of my most played albums of 2017.

16. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

17. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

No. Startling Music was set up in 1968 by Ringo to handle his own compositions. This song publishing company was not part of Northern Songs, so it was not subsequently acquired by SONY. Same for George's material from 1968 onwards, via Harrisongs.

But Ringo's one-third writing credit for "What Goes On" (from 1965) was part of Northern Songs, so that particular copyright is owned by SONY.

sean4554, jmxw, Hep Alien and 2 others like this.
  18. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

"Most recently, Ringo provided drums on US singer/songwriter Jenny Lewis' album 'On the Line',

and last year saw him team up with former Eurythmics guitarist Dave Stewart on his new music."

If I'm reading this correctly, Ringo did work for some new Dave Stewart music.

Jenny Lewis' On The Line comes out this week. Not sure what songs, if any, Ringo plays on besides the two songs already released from it.

Hep Alien likes this.
  19. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

Nice, thanks!

How about Dig It? from Let It Be - The song is credited to Lennon/McCartney/Harrison/Starkey.

20. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Since "Dig It" is from 1969-1970, I presume that the one-fourth credit for Ringo's publishing went originally to Startling Music. And George's contribution went to Harrisongs. Lennon and McCartney's publishing went to Northern Songs, which by then was owned by Sir Lew Grade (ATV), later to be acquired by SONY.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Hep Alien likes this.
  21. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Really? I would be very suprised if his last album sold even 5000 copies worldwide.
    I wonder how his albums even get released, given his mediocre sales surely the label can’t make any profit.
    Good luck to him anyway....

22. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

I expect with each album his CD sales are a higher % of total sales that year, as he only loses purchasers when they pass away.

23. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

The only problem I personally have with Ringo albums, is the formula. The 10 3/4 min songs on the album, with a song with greats guests, but always, not used to their full potential. But what new formula could Ringo bring us in 2019? The time has passed sadly. He doesnt have the strenght of putting some really good work on the drums.
    So, enjoy doing what you love Ringo. You're the man.

Hep Alien likes this.
  24. My wish is to stop theses useless pop rock albums and do another pure country record like Boucoups of Blues. With true country musicians from Nashville Austin etc.

No more useless songs of Liverpool Days gone by.

25. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I loved (and still love) Postcards. His other releases lately I thought were spotty, but I like every track on that album. Will definitely check out whatever he is doing now when it comes out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.