Ringo Starr - New Album “What’s My Name” 10/25/19*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by enfield, Mar 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Yeah, she should do another album, too.

2. She just put one out last year along with several books plus more reissues.

3. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

How many would Ringo's new lp have to sell to have two solo Beatle #1's in a row?

4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I know, just meant it as a joke partly.^^

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    fuse999 likes this.
  5. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Of course not, but why be down on it? The guy obviously likes making new music, and good for him. I'd much rather have him keep putting out new stuff -- that I could choose to either buy or not buy -- than the alternative of him not doing anything.

Hep Alien, Tord, Finch Platte and 2 others like this.
  6. Well the last album was great.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  7. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Almost positive Paul will be on this. Ringo posted on instagram last year a photo with Paul and thanking him for coming by and playing great bass, etc.

On another note, I think Ringo should release a RINGO album box set. Coinciding with that, he should play a series of shows that are the RINGO album all the way through, and have that live set be a bonus disc in the box set.

Disc 1 - Remixed Album
    Disc 2 - Outtakes
    Disc 3 - Ringo LIVE

Hep Alien likes this.
  8. reverendjim

reverendjim Forum Resident

Not to derail the thread, but are there known outtakes for "Ringo"? Has anything snuck out on boots over the years?

Lewisboogie likes this.
  9. lc1995

lc1995 Forum Resident

It would have to get a lot of streams.

10. oldsurferdude

oldsurferdude Forum Resident

Wow! Great shot of Ringo's fans at his last concert.

11. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I've bought his new releases fairly religiously, but Postcards from Paradise was so heavily slathered in autotune as to be practically unlistenable. I'll have to wait for someone else to be the Guinea pig before I'll purchase a new Ringo album.

12. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

I love all of Ringo's releases and, in a small way, celebrate each one. Before long though, I forget which song is on which album, Ringo 2012, or was it on Y Not, or was that song on Choose Love? The albums are always just collections of songs.

If Ringo were to begin reissuing tracks, I would love a collection of all the songs written for him by John, Paul and George but with their vocal contributions turning the tracks into duets. It just seems sweet.

Hep Alien likes this.
  13. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

I keep buying them and keep enjoying them. So, even if he's only making them for me, I'll take it.

14. The Hole Got Fixed

The Hole Got Fixed Owens, Poell, Saberi

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  15. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

I love Ringo. Of course I do. I saw him live at the Liverpool Empire a few years ago and loved it. Do I care if he's got a new album out? No. Do I think he's a legit artist? No. He's a nostalgia act.

16. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

It seems to me that instead of putting out another peace and love pop album, Ringo could actually look inwards and tell us something quietly from his heart. What a life he's lived. The smile and peace sign cartoon is just that. Reach deep. Paul could help him do it.

Play a track with Pete Best. THAT would be peace and love!

Hep Alien likes this.
  17. Finch Platte

Finch Platte Lettme Rundatt Bayou

Who's playing drums?

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  18. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Full reels of the album being mixed have been bootlegged. For the most part, the differences are subtle. The song Six O Clock can be heard in full on bootleg. Yes, there is the long version from the 8 track on the Goodnight Vienna CD. But even there, the coda was edited down.

There are also early mixes of It Don't Come Easy. Not truly outtakes from the Ringo album, but since that song is always a bonus track on it, they're worth mentioning.

I believe the real outtakes start piling up after the Apple years, some bootlegged, some unheard, and some later released as bonus tracks.

19. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

That was two years ago, when McCartney recorded his parts for Give More Love.

Ringo Hendrix and MPLRecords like this.
  20. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

What a glutten for punishment, you are:tiphat:

21. reverendjim

reverendjim Forum Resident

Perhaps Ringo wouldn't WANT to do this, but I'd be interested to hear him finally record "Nobody Told Me." Again, might be something he'd (understandably) be opposed to, but I don't think it would be distasteful all these years later...it was intended for him, after all!

22. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Yes! I've mentioned this before as well. Beaucoups is the Ringo album I come back to more than any other (followed by Ringo, Ringo Rama, Vertical Man, and Stop And Smell The Roses), and he never sung better IMO. Obviously, it wouldn't be the same as 1970, but I think his voice would still be well suited for a real country & western record. "So Wrong For So Long" was a highlight of Give More Love.

23. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

There is nothing wrong with Ringo continuing to record. Personally I don't buy them any more, but I always listen to a few tracks.

What bothers me is that the surviving rhythm section of the Beatles should make an album together just for the road. I don't mean "The Beatles", but if anything...do a song with Jagger, Wood and Richards, a song with Daltrey and Townshend, a song with Ray and Dave Davies, Gilmour, Justin Hayward, Jeff Lynne and Joe Walsh, Billy Joel, Dylan, Neil Young, etc. Of course that won't happen, but I would buy that. Would be a nice closer on the chapter of classic rock.

24. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

I’d like a Paul and Ringo album, but I reckon that might draw unwanted Beatles comparisons. I’d much rather prefer your second suggestion, an album of Ringo performing with a range of classic artists. A lot of those artists you mentioned have links with Ringo already and it’d make a lot of sense.

A Starr/Daltrey/Townshend song for instance would be cool. Ringo was friends with Keith Moon, John Entwistle was in one of Ringo’s band line ups, and obviously his son has performed with the Who for years.

25. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

It would be more likely for Ringo as you said to do an album, pretty much like his All Starr line-ups, but I would love new original music, not just covers.

Hep Alien and Haristar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.