RIP Chris Darrow

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AlienRendel, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

There was a good Chris Darrow comp reissue recently. Light in the Attic records?

2. Stuggy

Stuggy Forum Resident

They appear on the cd accompanying the series too. I was surprised to find them where they were in the tracklist since they mess up the chronology of the list.
    They're in the middle of the early years stuff which I guess reflects where they fit stylistically better.
    Saw them in Paint Your Wagon over Xmas too though i would think Darrow was probably busy elsewhere at the time.

AlienRendel and longdist01 like this.
  3. popscene

popscene Senior Member

RIP. There is so much of his career that I undoubtedly need to check out, but I love the first two Kaleidoscope albums, and Rare Junk is one of my favorite Dirt Band records.

AlienRendel and longdist01 like this.
  4. DesertIslander

DesertIslander Recidivist

I met Chris Darrow last year when one of his relatives, who knew I was a fan, brought him along to a party I was having. He was very down-to-earth and friendly, and happily told stories about his days in the music industry. The Kaleidoscope albums and his solo efforts are all pretty great, in my opinion. He will be missed.

5. PsychGuy

PsychGuy Forum Resident

He was a bit of a Zelig, apparently, knew everybody in SoCal and played with most of them. Hung with Kim Fowley, Zappa, Nesmith, Ben Harper, Bob Mosley, Chris Hillman ...

Chris Darrow of Kaleidoscope dies

CliffL and AlienRendel like this.
  6. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member Thread Starter

I have not seen that!

7. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

My mistake -- Everloving records -- must be hard to find.

AlienRendel likes this.
  8. Stuggy

Stuggy Forum Resident

MIke Stax was saying that he was a good person to go to to fact check or for a quote on various things presumably because of that amount of connection

AlienRendel likes this.
  9. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

I knew his playing going back to Kaleidoscope as well.

AlienRendel likes this.
  10. J. Joyce

J. Joyce Active Member

RIP

Really love his first three solo albums, especially "Under My Own Disguise." Which brings something up that I've been wondering, was "Under My Own Disguise" never issued in America when it came out? The only copies I have found were from the UK or France.

11. Raunchnroll

Raunchnroll Senior Member

RIP - Several of my favorite albums. Kaleidoscope and Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and solo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.