RIP Dawn Wells

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vamborules, Dec 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Its obvious that the only reason she was there was to promote the movie she shot. Never heard of it or the director and the clip was confusing and pointless. But Tina was the only one to get the promotion treatment. I think this was the only time and getting that movie over was why she flipped.

2. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

RIP. There was something special about her on GI- she was sexy as hell while also being sweet and likeable. I had a huge crush on her like millions of other adolescents over the years.

3. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Yeah, probably true. I was trying to be positive but did have a little doubt about it.

cloggedmind and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  4. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

Never heard of the film either, so I did a brief look around the net, and this was the only thing I was able to find:

Tom Lisanti's - Sixties Cinema

Apparently, it was never released (not even to the direct to video market), which is rather telling as to how the finished product (that's if it was even finished) was viewed by the powers that be.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  5. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I got a 8×10 signed glossy photo with a greetings to me. This was about 25 years ago and she still looked great and was very gracious to all the folks around her.

6. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

Ms Wells passing is just one more reason to say that

COVID19 IS NO HOAX.

7. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

she had metastatic pancreatic cancer.

Jimmy B. and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  8. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Where did you read that?

9. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

That sucks. That's the one cancer that scare me to death - At least with others you have somewhat of a fighting chance.

I knew she suffered a serious fall a couple years ago, and had some difficulties from recovering from that, but I hadn't heard about the cancer.

10. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Wow. Sounds more like a student film project. And she got a clip and 3 minutes to blather about this never-gonna-see-the-light-of-day turkey. That was the price for her to be involved. Poor Jim Backus had an actual book to promote and he was not even able to show the cover even though he brought a copy and had it in his hands.
    Read the above blog post. Sounds about right. Diva.

11. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

She's 70 in this interview. Hubba hubba!

12. MikaelaArsenault

The articles that I read said nothing about metastatic pancreatic cancer.

cloggedmind likes this.
  13. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

I also read on another forum that she was suffering from dementia, which is something I hadn't heard of either.

Who knows. Maybe we'll find out one day in the fullness of time.

14. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

I think perhaps that you saw an abbreviated search result from Google while searching for Dawn Wells. I did a search and saw that in the search results, but they were talking about Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who died from metastatic pancreatic cancer (the article was about people who had died in 2020).

MikaelaArsenault and cloggedmind like this.
  15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

so sweet! a cutie! R.I.P.

16. cloggedmind

cloggedmind Doctor Do-Very-Little

That bugged me when I saw the original airing of that show. He got dismissed so quickly while mentioning the book, like why couldn't he get a simple plug for it-- have the host mention the title?!

Backus got more respect on Family Feud than the big reunion show! Still great to see them all together. Gets me right >here< y'know?

17. MikaelaArsenault

That's what I read too.

18. MikaelaArsenault

19. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

20. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

correct- my bad. read an article too quickly. I'm no dawn wells expert- but I remember reading that she had some health & financial problems over the last several years.
    Just did some quick digging.
    Apparently they are arguing about it over at the Gilligan forum.

Rest in peace Dawn Wells - Page 3 - Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums

21. MikaelaArsenault

It's okay.

cloggedmind likes this.
  22. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

I don't know why some people get their knickers in a twist if someone with health problems is reported as having "died from covid-19 symptoms". Sure, maybe she wouldn't likely have lived another 10-15 years, but the fact is, she would almost certainly still be alive right now without covid-19 existing.

23. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

well not to get into a big debate about it- but speaking from personal experience this year, I think there are times when someone dies and they try declare it was covid when the person may havet died with it, but not because of it, dying with no symptoms from it. Again no dog in this fight but it happened to two family members this year.

Jimmy B. and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  24. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

You just glossed over a pretty big symptom for someone with a compromised health situation. Underlying conditions deaths exacerbated by Covid ARE caused by Covid.

25. JoeOnWheels

JoeOnWheels Forum Resident

I hope her suffering was controlled and her death was peaceful. Sorry she's gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.