RIP Lance Reddick

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Attila the Professor, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Sure, it's called Life. We all die from it.

:shrug:

2. Do you remember Jim Fixx? Runner. Top health, lean body weight. Died of a heart attack.52. It happens.

‘We also never know if they have any pre-existing conditions not shared.

3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

He was AWESOME in "LOST"!

Scope J likes this.
  4. claytonretired

claytonretired Forum Resident

RIP. Loved him in Bosch.

5. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Bummer - he was great in The Wire.

mr. steak likes this.
  6. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

This news really saddened me, too young, great performances, talented man. He will be missed.

7. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Yep. Both Fixx’s father and grandfather died from heart ailments around age 40. Jim got an extra decade out of life because of his running. Sucks to have that bad gene.

wayneklein likes this.
  8. jbmcb

jbmcb Forum Resident

The first time I noticed Reddick was his absolutely brilliant appearance on the Eric Andre show. He came out, dressed impeccably and playing it straight, then quickly stormed off after Andre made his typically off-color and off-putting remarks.

Then, in a later segment, he came out shirtless, in manacles and a gold visor, and perfectly delivered a completely insane spoken-word poem about how he wished he were LeVar Burton. It was brilliant.

mrjinks, woody and TheAbsentMind like this.
  9. krock2009

krock2009 Forum Resident

Jim Foxx neglected to get physicals, thinking his running and having quit smoking solved all his problems. Had he gotten one, they would have discovered the blocked arteries he had, necessitating bypass surgery.

sberger and yesstiles like this.
  10. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I always wonder how that works. What tests are performed at a physical that indicates blocked artery?

11. luckybaer

luckybaer Thinks The Devil actually beat Johnny

I always imagined him having a long career in entertainment like Bill Duke - Bill Duke - IMDb .

Both those guys had some serious screen presence!

12. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I love his character in John Wick, the classiest hotel receptionist ever!

marmalade166 and George P like this.
  13. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

I loved his acting in many things especially The Wire. RIP.

14. Jack Lord

Jack Lord Forum Resident

Obviously good in The Wire but I thought he hit it out of the par in Oz. A dual role more or less.

RIP Lance

15. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

R.I.P. :cry: never watched The Wire but did watch all of Fringe and the John Wick films.

George P likes this.
  16. tonyballz

tonyballz Roogalator

Cedric! Too soon, too soon.

Classic Daniels from Season 1 of The Wire:

17. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Wire may seem dated but based on two books, one where the author embedded himself with serious crimes/homocide squad- at first, they were like "dude, go get us coffee" and by the end of his year there, they were like "you wanna cuff 'em." His other book was hanging on the corner with the dealers.
    Both books were combined.
    Some of the real people are in role in this thing, not necessarily playing themselves.
    In addition to Lance Reddick, who was great, Idris Elba who is now famous, played a smart street operator, and you'll see a ton of people who were in other shows. A couple of the characters were real life gangsters- and sadly, though Omar (Michael Williams) was a favorite colorful street dude in the show, he died recently.
    We watched The Wire years ago. The season that really hit me in the gut was the one devoted to the kids and school. These kids were homeless, and had nothing. School could have been a refuge. It was a battleground but there were some positive signs.
    I offer this not to take away from Lance Reddick but to underscore his involvement in what is considered to be great tv. It may not be blow 'em up, shoot 'em up in every scene, but there's a lot of serious, hardcore stuff going on that makes this show a perennial and well worth watching.
    Reddick acted in a lot of other great roles.

18. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

Just a shame to lose him. I so enjoyed him on Bosch and John Wick. He will be missed.

19. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Stress test, usually involving a stationary bike and an ECG . . .

20. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

When I went to my Age 50 physical, all they did was give me some blood tests, and an ECG while lying down.

21. bob g.

bob g. Senior Member

I know him exclusively from Bosch and think he was great. People say he was too reserved or flat but that was part of the role. He could really impart deeper feeling.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
    wayneklein likes this.
  22. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

NOOOOOOO! He was amazing. He was really funny doing comedy skits too cos it was so unnatural seeing him do that. I really liked his work.

Will be missed. So sad...wow bummed.

23. Amnion

Amnion Forum Occupant

Such a shame - R.I.P.

24. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

[​IMG]

so many great shows had Lance in major roles, a huge loss to the arts :cry:

25. the real pope ondine

the real pope ondine Forum Resident

man he's one of those guys I always like, damn only 60 RIP