Rip Off E/Bay - join the boycott

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Derek Harold Nicholls, Oct 17, 2022.

1. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Them. Global Shipping.

2. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Ship any receiver or amp and its over $100. Shipping even the cheapest way from coast to cost costs PLENTY - even through the least expensive shipper: USPS.

3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Having sold 100s of things on ebay, the tracking number is the crooked customer's favorite rip-you-off method. Five or six times, when I've shipped a lot and forgotten to post a tracking number, I've gotten the response: "I never got the tape deck? Do you have a tracking number?" Thinking they're getting a freebie. Then when I write them: "Sorry, I forgot to update" and post the tracking number they say: "Oh, thanks! It just arrived today!" Even though I knew it was delivered days ago... through tracking.

hvbias and rock4ev like this.
  4. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

I'm priced out of living 'normally'.

Hence my personal description as 'Not of this World'. :shrug:

Ghostworld likes this.
  5. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Beautiful post Ghostworld: many many many times I've heard that and "Oh it just came, misplaced etc". Caje Kirby Little John: Movem out Saunders.

6. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I've heard plenty of stories like this. I don't think buyers really care if a seller has to refund them the cost of the item plus what could have been very high shipping to their country, all they care about is not paying much for shipping. The few times I've used Global Shipping to sell some box sets I didn't want people still bought them, and I had the guarantee that they couldn't pull the tracking didn't show it as delivered and then get a refund.

7. rock4ev

rock4ev Forum Resident

That is so rad (yeah I said rad), that I could see myself doing that intentionally, though I gave up eBay about 5 years ago. I used to buy hard to find items that I wanted, and sold much less than I ever bought. When I sold some vintage toys or collectibles I never got any complaints, though when I would sell high end (market value) records (BIN always and always priced much lower than market value because in any scenario I was making a great percent more than I paid for them because I'd been collecting for decades as well as picking up tons of now wanted or priced stupid high Lp's for a dollar and in mint condition), and once the asking/complaints of "can I get 10-15 dollars return to my PayPal because of..." started to happen that's when I stopped. They f'rs try to scam any way they can and I am happy with the 100% feedback score I have and have had for over 20 yrs.
    I was happy and appreciative of finding htf items (not everything was music) and right back k at selling people things making them happy getting great deals.
    As fun as it would be to do that to a scammer I just not up for listing a handful of items and doing it. Again I gave on eBay years ago.

Ghostworld likes this.
  8. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Yeah , I won't buy from seller from the U.K that uses this.. it's a joke charging $24 for one cd..