RIP Penny Marshall

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vamborules, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonceDeLeroy

PonceDeLeroy Forum Resident

Ha ha! I don't usually disagree with Ebert but what annoyed him didn't annoy me. Razzies names Color of Night the worst movie of 1994.

https://www.postfun.com/entertainment/the-worst-movies-of-every-year-according-to-the-razzies/24/

I had to go back and reread the IMDB entry on Big because I don't see how it even belongs in the same sentence as A League of Their Own! It annoyed me when it came out! I am surprised by its accolades on IMDB.

What was it with so many manic comic actors of that period? Robin Williams, Richard Dreyfus, Tom Hanks. Others? It was saturation, as I recall.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

I loved Big when it came out, and love it today. Thank you, Penny.

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

When Penny died, I realized I didn't have a copy of League in my Blu ray collection. I fixed that, and watched it a couple of nights ago. Either I had forgotten just how good it really is, or, with age, I've changed enough to really appreciate it.
    Even afterward, with all the extensive extras, I really have gotten a new respect for just how much she put into it, as far as accuracy, and fact. She really had so much talent.

4. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Here's a heads up:

TCM is showing A League Of Their Own tonight at 8:00 PM as part of their Women In Sports.

5. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I never realized Penny directed Big until she died.

Well done.

6. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of her passing. :(

longdist01 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.