Rob Zombie's "3 from Hell" (2019 film)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ty D. Tatman, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty D. Tatman

Ty D. Tatman Forum Resident Thread Starter

I know it's doing a three night theatrical run (on a Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday no less) but has there been an official announcement about who will be streaming it?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

when is the theatrical run? this week?

3. Ty D. Tatman

The following. Next week. 09/16, 09/17 & 18. Fathom events will tell ya who has it nearest ya. I’m not driving an hour just to see this on the big screen on any of those nights, lol. But I do want to see it.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Matthew Tate

Thank you. The showings are only at night?

5. Ty D. Tatman

Yes. There is a “bonus” each night. 1st night you get a poster. 3rd night they’re showing TDR w/it. Can’t remember the other one.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Matthew Tate

yup i just saw the listings

7. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

On Sept. 16, there will be a video introduction from Zombie himself, and the first 50 moviegoers at each theater will receive an exclusive poster. On Sept. 17, there will be a 30-minute behind-the-scenes feature giving fans a look at the making of the film. On Sept. 18, there will be a double feature of predecessor The Devil’s Rejects followed by 3 From Hell.

Rob Zombie reveals ‘3 From Hell’ release date, three-night event
    I really liked House Of 1,000 Corpses, and Devil's Reject's was a good follow up, though I missed the humor of the first in the series. This looks to be more like the second. I'd still like to see it, but not sure I'll go to one of the Fathom events. The night 1 is almost sold out near me, I'd have to get a seat in the very front row, which I don't want. But it doesn't say at the theater listings I looked at that there is a showing of TDR BEFORE the new movie on night 3. I'd really be annoyed if I showed up to see the new movie, and found I had to first sit through a whole movie before hand. For night 2, I really hope that 30 minute behind the scenes feature is AFTER the movie and not before.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. agentalbert

Somebody must have cancelled their ticket for night 1 tomorrow here, as I just looked and was able to get a great seat. There wasn't anything but the very front row last time I checked, and now those are gone. So I'll get to see this tomorrow night! :righton:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

...,ad, he's on the Joe Rogan podcast!

realkilroy likes this.
  10. agentalbert

Saw this on night 1 Monday. One thing I really like about the Fathom events is no ****ing previews! I hate sitting through those. Showtime was 7:00, and promptly at 7:00 the video intro from Rob played. It was just a two minute or so bit of him talking about how the process to make the movie started three years ago. Room was full, and after the video intro, I heard a round of applause in the crowd. Wasn't expecting that, but I guess the fans were excited.

The movie was good and a worthy follow up. Can't say I loved it, but I'm glad I went. The basic plot did differ a bit from what I expected.

I thought the "3 From Hell" would mean Baby, Otis and Captain Spaulding come back to earth as demons. Surely they didn't survive the end of The Devil's Rejects. But they did. They all got shot up, but miraculously didn't die and were saved in surgery, then tried and convicted. This movie picks up ten years later and they've become cult heros to some who think they got railroaded and couldn't possibly have done what they are accused of. Captain Spaulding gets executed, and then Otis breaks out with help from his half-brother. They in turn get Baby out.

The movie has a real grindhouse feel too it, which I liked. It's brutal, it's coarse, it's exploitive. It's what it should be. It had some good laughs. Probably a bit more than TDR. I thought the second half (once the location changes to Mexico) was better than the beginning. There are also a number of faces that will be familar to fans of horror and other Rob Zombie films. Dee Wallace, Pancho Moler, Richard Brake, Clint Howard, etc. I thought the performances from the three leads were mostly good, but Sherri Moon acting crazy got a bit old at the beginning. Once out of prison when she was better. There was also a strange Eraserhead reference in the movie. The effects were cheap. Looks like a lot of blood effects were maybe digital post-producion instead of actually being on the actors. There's good music. A real nice use of "In A Gadda-Da-Vida" in one sequence. The sound track listing at the end had several James Gang songs listed, but I didn't recognize any of them, so they must be from the post Joe Walsh era.

At the end, applause again, so it seemed like everyone there liked it.

rodrigosanche55 and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. agentalbert

Has anybody seen a full soundtrack listing for this? There isn't one at IMDB. I'm trying to figure out what song was playing early in the movie during the scene where the guards were walking Baby down the hall. Not sure if this was supposed to be right before her parole hearing, or just footage of her being taken to jail. It was a rock song, maybe 70's or 80's and I think with a female singer. Like a Runaways style song, but I don't know if it was them or not.

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.