Robert Fripp Exposure box to be released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jblock, Jun 17, 2021.

1. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

I would be happy with the 3 versions of Here Comes the Flood repeated on a bonus disc

Billy Infinity likes this.
  2. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Would bet serious money that The League if Gentlemen and the live disc would be included here.

Natural E likes this.
  3. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

It really is chilling, best version of that song ever.

4. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Here's a wonderful fan edit combining live performances of Fripp and Gabriel with the EXPOSURE version of "Here Comes The Flood":

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    Sordel, Geordiepete and audiotom like this.
  5. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I'd be interested to hear any previously unreleased vocals from Hammill's night in the studio. Fripp has described it in interviews.

6. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

If they wanted one, they probably already have one, and maybe even take turns locking each other up.

Tim Bucknall and RonChrysler like this.
  7. tcj

tcj Senior Member

There was a nice middle ground with 1999. It was very much based around the greatly expanded capabilities of his newer rig but still had a feel very similar to the earlier Frippertronics pieces. You could still make out guitar-based sounds and that fascinated me. The following Soundscapes Vol. 1-3 was almost as interesting and intriguing. But he quickly passed through that phase and seemed to shun having any sound or feel of guitar in the soundscapes. When he started focusing on ringing bells and stuff, I really lost all interest.

Speaking of 1999, does anyone else recall talk of an expanded set for that album?

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  8. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

The bigger the better, but I'd hope the LOG gets its own box or separate set.

9. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Speaking of Soundscapes, I've seen enough of Fripp performing these live/solo that I really enjoy those that I have on CD. I think that witnessing the assembly of a soundscape live adds to one's appreciation, or at least that is what I have found.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  10. KCLizard

KCLizard Forum Resident

To really appreciate Robert Fripp music , you have to dig outside the Mighty Crims, I have bought many soundscapes concerts from DGM , and these are among my favorites purchases I have got with my membership.

11. KCLizard

KCLizard Forum Resident

DGM has the whole tour of LOG to buy, if you want them.

12. Chew

Chew Casual Stalker

"1999" and "The Gates of Paradise" scared the hell out of me.

13. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

[​IMG]
    Ruh...?! Finally...?! :pineapple:

Much as I'd like to believe this...it just cannot be complete without excerpts from every production gig he'd done from Daryl Hall through Peter Gabriel's second disc. Roches, Andy Summers, Eno, Blondie, League Gentlemen: there's a load of essentially-relevant stuff he can't possibly have the rights to include in that set!

Nevertheless...this is gonna make me free-up a whole shelf, dedicated to his whole six-year-stretch! This is one small, mobile intelligent unit!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  14. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Yep. Had to give him a bottle of brandy or something to that effect. He was on such a creative high point between 75-79. It was though Exposure that I was first um, exposed to PH. Lol

Putrifiers II and Tim Bucknall like this.
  15. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

True but I was thinking of the LOG album that never made it to CD, plus the saga of the band itself + RF journals from their tours. Seems to me like it would be obscured in an Exposure box.

But maybe I'm thinking too much of small, mobile, independent packages!

KCLizard likes this.
  16. surfling

surfling Forum Resident

Well, they already are successfully doing that in their cellar bank vault...

17. KCLizard

KCLizard Forum Resident

Since 2021 might be the LAST King Crimson tour, knowing that they recorded and filmed (since 2019) all performances, that I assumed will be released sometimes..., DGM is owned 50/50 between Mr. Fripp and Singleton and that David Singleton is at most in his early 60s and likely might need to stuff some $ for his retirement.

I do not know, how DGM envision their future, but it will not surprised me , if they are still lots of material in the vault that will come out later to keep the cashflow coming in. Will see

Tim Bucknall and asdf35 like this.
  18. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

I've given up trying to work out how sounds musicians' finances are and, to be honest, I'm not sure that they themselves are the best judge of that. That said:-

My feeling is that they've watched a downward-trending line on a graph showing them returns on the large boxed sets (with possibly an upward kink on the 1969 set). An RF solo set will be a test balloon on how much interest there is outside the KC catalogue, so I would think that they will be looking to make it a decent package with some awareness that it might be the last financially viable set on this scale. (That said, I'm vague on what other potential sets might follow in the future!)

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  19. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Depending on what's in the Exposed box, there is a few opportunities
    A Fripp/Eno box
    League of Gentlemen box
    Travis and Fripp box.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  20. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

She's keeping herself busy working on the forthcoming Sunday All Over The World box and the expanded 'Anthem' set.

walkonthewildside likes this.
  21. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Fripp/Eno - I doubt there's anything left to release
    LOG - That will presumably be included on this box, hopefully on a jam-packed BluRay
    Travis/Fripp - yeah, maybe

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  22. fRa

fRa Conny Olivetti - Sound Alchemist

Exposure and the Frippertronic albums for sure
    Cant wait

( dont care for soundscape, the magic was gone with the new technic)

Tim Bucknall, Vaughan and audiotom like this.
  23. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

The Paris concert would be a nice add-on to the box for those who missed on it. Quite an experience to immerse yourself in and a rewarding one.

Tim Bucknall and 93curr like this.
  24. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

Stick to Exposure - trilogy recordings and frippertronics

The drive to 1984

LoG doesn’t fit well here

25. thegreenchild

thegreenchild Forum Resident

I disagree. If Frippertronics are included, then it seems natural to expect "God Save the Queen/Under Heavy Manners": from "Discotronics" to LoG seems like a small step.

In fact, there's a version of "The Zero of the Signified" by LoG in the Stormy Monday series (Volume 1).

Also, there's a LoG track on the announced "Elements 2021" which might hint at LoG's inclusion in the Exposures box?

At least, that's what I hope. :)