Robert Fripp Exposure box to be released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jblock, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

So it's real then. And the BIGGEST comment makes me..... nervous, pricing wise. Also, as a big fan of Surround, the move to Atmos is a tad worrying. Too few people have Surround, let alone adding Atmos on top of that. Minor grumbles. I'm eager to get the full blown set - I wonder when we'll see it...... Let the long wait begin.

dlokazip and Blair G. like this.
  2. fRa

fRa Conny Olivetti - Sound Alchemist

Ouch! Biggest box?
    Not sure what to say, would be nice to know what years the box covers.

3. manco

manco Forum Resident

Robert Fripp on Buffamundo 1979, talking about 'the drive to 81'.

4. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy Socially distant and unstuck in time

I have owned multiple versions of this album over the years.

Having said all that, the only thing I remember from it nowadays is the great version of Here Comes the Flood.

5. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Hopefully there are some more Fripp/Wetton/Phil Collins or Fripp/Wetton/Narada Michael Walden jams in the vaults.

6. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

@SurferOne and @KCLizard

I was doing some vinyl housekeeping today and here what I found. Sure it brings back some memory like when I bought most of these KC on EG Editions.

[​IMG]

7. KCLizard

KCLizard Forum Resident

Do you still have the KC EG edition?

SurferOne and Norco74 like this.
  8. I’m good. I have the two CD version.

dlokazip likes this.
  9. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Not sure I follow your logic. Atmos is rapidly becoming far more widely supported than conventional 5.1 surround, thanks to the push to widely adopt it on smaller 'smart' devices and streaming sites. It's also backwards compatible...

10. Norco74

Yes most of them.

KCLizard likes this.
  11. KCLizard

KCLizard Forum Resident

Discomanie was also selling boots, I bougth Genesis "L'Ange Gabriel" which was the "Selling England By The Pound" show at CEPSUM in 1974.

Norco74 likes this.
  12. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

Very excited for this, the thought that it’s going to be the biggest box and the huge unknown avenues that opens up are pretty exciting. Anything with Peter Hammill involved is doubly exciting for me.

NorthNY Mark, ArpMoog and jwoverho like this.
  13. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Yeah, plus the fact that these sets always included surround. Not understanding whynthe OP made that comment?

14. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

I have the 2CD edition as well but I find that it has too much limiting on it. Just way to loud and compressed sounding. I hope this box version there is more dynamic range than the 2CD version.

MichaelCPE likes this.
  15. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

what is rare on "Essential"? haven't pulled that out to listen to in ages

16. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

The 22 minute, 4 part "Healthy Colors".

phillyal1 likes this.
  17. Norco74

Anyone got into this one during the Exposure years? RF playing on a few songs.

[​IMG]

Jason Michael and willy like this.
  18. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

The fact that you can still down mix the Atmos to 5.1 makes the move to Atmos ok with me. I actually have the speakers but am still not ready to replace my Amp yet.

19. trickness

trickness Gotta painful yellow headache

Great picture! He really looks thrilled that you’re taking it :laugh:

KCLizard likes this.
  20. DaveinMA

DaveinMA Some guy

One would have been adequate.

jwoverho likes this.
  21. mforest18

mforest18 Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Discomanie! That brings back so many memories. That's where I bought all of my LPs when I was a teenager. I still remember purchasing my very first record, "The Lamb lies down...", for the huge sum of 9,99$

NorthNY Mark and KCLizard like this.
  22. mforest18

Yep. I'm trying to remember if this is where I got "Stellar Attraction"
    Saw him play Frippertronics in March 1983 at McGill University. He also did a lecture on the music industry and a Q/A session at the end. It was a memorable evening, I was 17 and I still remember it as it was yesterday.

KCLizard and Norco74 like this.
  23. mforest18

I'm thinking it will be cover the entire 1978-1981 period, i.e. the period that started with Exposure and ended with The League of Gentlemen. There's enough music to fill several CDs, DVDs and Blu-Rays: Exposure, the Frippertronics albums, the solo Frippertronics shows, the League of Gentlemen shows, etc.

If this is the case, I don't care how much it will cost, this is an absolute must for me.

24. fRa

fRa Conny Olivetti - Sound Alchemist

Agree! Hope you are right. Probably lots of live material I guess, if its gonna be the biggest box so far from DGM

25. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

1. I didn't doubt that it was real because there's a track from it on the next Elements set.
    2. The KC sets have all been good value so I wouldn't worry too much about the price.
    3. Atmos is just the next thing ... I'm sure it will have a 5.1 mix as well. SW seems smartly to be positioning himself as a key remixer in the Atmos space and I doubt that he even charges much of a premium to prepare an Atmos mix right now. (If it were an expensive add-on would we have seen it on Free Hand?)