Robert Pattinson to Play ‘The Batman’ for Matt Reeves and Warner Bros.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Well,two things here,now the guy from[Twilight]is gonna be the next[Batman]?????? he's kinda drab but what do I know,secondly pulllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeezzzzzzzzz don't do another origin story,any one who has read or seen Batman knows how he started...maybe he'll bite the bad guys and turn em into...BATPIRES,besides Bats only come out at night right?

2. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

3. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Appropriately nasty. If this is truly a young Batman, as has been indicated, that's right in line with something that could evolve into something akin to the tank-like Burton Batmobile.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  4. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Saw a pretty convincing video which posits that the main comic inspiration for The Batman will be
    Geoff Johns’ and Gary Frank’s Batman: Earth One alternate retelling of the bat-origin (the volumes from 2012 and 2015). I never got around to reading these, but probably will this weekend.

https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/11356794

https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/11683279

Apparently, the movie may also be retitled Batman: Vengeance

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  5. Chrome_Head

6. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

melstapler and Chrome_Head like this.
  7. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

There are so many high-quality Batman stories to use as inspiration for the script, I wonder whether they'll use any of them or come up with an entirely new story.

8. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The spoiler about which story they intend to use for this movie is truly disappointing. A failed DC project where they re-boot (again!) the big three (Supes, Bats & WW). I assume if the initial issues were successful they would've become an ongoing series but they sank like a stone, I'm not sure if they ever got around to releasing the WW book. So it's to be another origin movie, big whoop! Theyre probably using the book to throw co-creator Geoff Johns a paycheck! There's SO many terrific Bat-tales that haven't been touched, yet they continuously seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for content. I've said this before, the 'suits' at the studios aren't true fans and don't realize the goldmine they're sitting on top of. Although there's NO excuse for Geoff Johns signing off on this stuff!

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  9. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Such a bad choice. No one interested in this movie needs another Batman origin. It's safe to say the audience would be comfortable with his existence in Gotham at this point without explaining how he got there. It's a drag to keep rehashing familiar stories.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  10. Chrome_Head

I finally read Earth One volumes 1 + 2 by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank, which is what I'm hearing the filmmakers may be looking to for inspiration.

They were both great reads, very enjoyable, and I could easily see them being the basis for another film adaptation.

11. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

My comment wasn't directed at the Earth One story as I haven't read them and have no dispute if they're going to make a movie based on it. I'm only saying I hope they don't waste screen time re-telling the origin. Batman Begins spent nearly the entire movie exploring the origin, enough for any Batman movie made in the next century or so. The synopsis of Earth One looks to include an alternate story regarding the murder of Wayne's parents in order to set up an alternate Gotham universe in which corrupt police had a hand in it. Cool, but if the origin is touched on my wish is that it would be mainly through flashbacks a la Burton's original, and no longer than say 10 minutes total.

12. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

13. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

14. Chrome_Head

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  15. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

16. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Jeffrey Wright looks awesome as Gordon.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  17. P(orF)

P(orF) Forum Resident

Good looking trailer but all I can think about is what if, in Groundhog Day, Bill Murray woke up everyday and ended up in a movie theater watching the beginning of Batman and it changed from Keaton to Kilmer to Clooney ad infinitum until finally, on the day he achieved nirvana, it was Adam West.

Chrome_Head and PH416156 like this.
  18. luckybaer

luckybaer Thinks The Devil actually beat Johnny

Anyone else losing interest?

19. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Never have I ever. I'm tired of all the cynicism and mistrust of entertainment. No offense.

All the DC stuff looks great this time around; new (original?) take on Justice League, new Wonder Woman, even The Suicide Squad looks like a lot of fun, though admittedly it's on the bottom of this list for me, mainly cause I'm one of those filthy casuals that often needs name recognition to capture my attention. :D That said...

BRING ON THE BAT. This looks great. Bad guy this time around looks like the Riddler, maybe? Catwoman is confirmed, and no funky processed bat-voice, which is a plus. Pattinson appears to be bringing some of that Christian Bale energy to the Bruce Wayne side of things, too.

SO READY.

5th-beatle, KAT, Stormrider77 and 3 others like this.
  20. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

:laugh:

Ben Affleck ready to play Batman again

Ben Affleck Will Return as Batman in The Flash

Chrome_Head likes this.
  21. Chrome_Head

I think it looks pretty awesome, what I can make out from the murky quality. DC would be smart to release a hi-rez version of this trailer ASAP.

It also looks a lot like Chris Nolan’s Batman Begins to me in parts.

Others have noted the similarity to David Fincher’s 90’s movie Seven here.

Not sure I’m in for all of this multiverse stuff. But Affleck’s Batman wasn’t that bad, IMO. He had the physical bulk, and I actually kind of liked the modulated voice concept. It’s just that the writing of the films he appeared in was terrible.

PH416156 likes this.
  22. luckybaer

luckybaer Thinks The Devil actually beat Johnny

Good for you! I never thought I’d grow tired of Batman movies/TV Shows, but I may have reached that point. Perhaps I’ll regain interest in a few years and have a nice backlog of films to view.

Scott222C likes this.
  23. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Not feeling a lot of Bat 'vibe' with the current trailer......
    Looks too much like a B grade TV movie so far.
    Paul Dano will most likely steal the film as he does in most of his roles.
    That guy is brilliant.

Chrome_Head and sharedon like this.
  24. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Justice League looks interesting but Zach can be a little ponderous at times so I hope it isn't a complete bloated mess. Suicide Squad looks insane and Wonder Woman looks pretty good too. I was a little disappointed in the Batman preview. It looks like Christopher Nolan lite to me. Is Robert Pattinson supposed to be a young Christian Bale? I hope it's good but that one has me a little worried.

25. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.