Robin Williams RIP

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by hutlock, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

3. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

4. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yes, they say that 4 minutes into the video link.

6. bluenote

bluenote Forum Resident

I'm surprised that more is not being said about this. Everyone assumed that it was depression that drove him to this, (there are 30 pages of that discussion on this very thread), yet it's now come to light that it was Lewy Body dementia that probably was the main cause. There were days and days of discussion on radio, tv, articles talking about depression, but it looks like that wasn't a factor at all. Mind you, it was good that there was an open dialogue about the dangers of depression, but there is hardly any talk about what really caused it (allegedly anyway).

Either way, sad way to go for Robin Williams.

7. Witht he decline evident with Lewy Body Dementia, you can develop depression because you realize you're losing your mental abilities sometimes gradually, sometimes more rapidly.

Lewy body dementia by itself wouldn't cause you to commit suicide. It's the depression of knowing what's happening that could.

Lewy body dementia, the second most common type of progressive dementia after Alzheimer's disease, causes a progressive decline in mental abilities.
    It may also cause visual hallucinations, which generally take the form of objects, people or animals that aren't there. This can lead to unusual behavior such as having conversations with deceased loved ones.

8. Michael

I'm still blown away they way Robin left us! BUT, it was his life and choice... unfortunately for us fans...

9. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

10. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

Check out this video when Robin just gets on stage and starts doing his act

11. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

I miss him. A great guy with a big heart.

Michael likes this.
  12. Michael

I loved Robin Williams since I first saw him...it still saddens and always will...I loved how he was just a regular guy in the town her lived in.

13. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

I've read that on many Halloween nights, Robin would personally answer the door when kids come by to trick or treat. He also went door to door himself to his neighbors' houses, asking for their support when he was trying to do an addition to his home.

14. Michael

see, just a cool dude!

Aftermath likes this.
  15. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

16. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

17. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Over the past week I've been watching Mork And Mindy on Antenna TV which A). I haven't seen in well over a decade and B). Was the first Robin Williams work I've really sat down to watch since he died.

Anyway, in watching the episodes I've really grown to appreciate even more so than before how brilliant and funny he was. Every episode has several laugh-out-loud moments from Robin- both his funny lines and his physical comedy.

Clanceman, Kirk76 and footlooseman like this.
  18. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

19. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

20. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

It's been almost two years (August 11) since his passing and I just watched the PBS Pioneers of Television episode Robin Williams Remembered. It was done soon after he passed. If you haven't seen it and want to know the impact he had I recommend it. I'm going to order it so my 5 year old can watch and remember what a genius does. It made me well up with tears at the absolute loss his passing gives. The joy he gave is gone. As a young guy he was also a major part of my awakening in the way I look at the world.

Lou Reed, Robin, David Bowie, Prince - such bright shining figures for me. I know to turn to the things they left us in joy but it becomes so bittersweet knowing I only have the past and nothing to look forward to from the present.

driverdrummer and CrazyCatz like this.
  21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

How ridiculous. Naming monuments after famous people who contributed to the city is one thing. But outside of living in the Bay Area, Robin Williams wasn't particularly connected to the area.

22. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

23. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

He was wicked funny when he appeared on Whose Line Is It Anyway. And his movies that he starred in of course.

24. ManFromCouv

ManFromCouv Employee #3541

It's Frisco; they don't want to look like Cleveland or Detroit.

25. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

To match his Mork and Mindy suspenders?
    [​IMG]

driverdrummer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.