Rock and Roll Hall Fame Class of 2020 is...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ModernDayWarrior, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

I haven’t, and I’m what’s called a “Hall Watcher”.

vertigone likes this.
  2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

That's not very rock'n'roll. At least have the common courtesy to decline impolitely. :D

3. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Nothing announced yet. This page is usually kept very up to date.
    List of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees - Wikipedia .

BTW, tickets for the ceremony "sold out" in a hours. Though I suspect it's high amount of resale shenanigans. Is Depeche performing, if so, is it just the 3 of them?

vertigone likes this.
  4. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Good questions. I'd love to see them with Alan Wilder again. I think I read that Vince Clarke won't be attending.

5. Zoot Marimba

6. Just Good Ol' Music.

Just Good Ol' Music. Forum Resident

I hate! I hate this doggone class!

7. I don’t. I just dislike certain members.

8. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Still , Robert Palmer not inducted.

Isamet likes this.
  9. the doobies have had a lot of members how many will get in is interesting. will it be like the chili peppers where whoever burped or farted in the band was inducted

10. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Is this the only reason you joined this forum is to bash new music and start the very original What’s your favorite Beatles album thread? Your ridiculous 2010s thread is a nice touch too.

11. britney will be eligible in about five years bet she gets in her first year

Mylene likes this.
  12. Just Good Ol' Music.

Don't come on either one of those threads.

13. Just Good Ol' Music.

And don't vote on one of my polls.

14. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

It's a very light class, as Whitney Houston, Marc Bolan and Notorious BIG have passed. I'm sure Nine Inch Nails will be incendiary, so it all depends on who performs with the Doobie Bros., and who performs on behalf of the others. Either way, it will be hard to match last year's show, which was fantastic.

I remain saddened that Whitney got in, while her cousin Dionne Warwick is still on the outside looking in.

15. Zoot Marimba

For what it’s worth, Whitney would be the first to call BS.

16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'll take that bet. 0% chance that happens...

17. Just Good Ol' Music.

If that happens, they're dead.

18. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I won't claim 100% Britney never gets into the HOF period, though I think it's highly unlikely.

I do believe there's no way she gets first-ballot inducted. Less mocked and more influential artists like Janet Jackson took years!

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  19. Stephen Grayce

Stephen Grayce Well-Known Member

Growing up in the sticks, T. Rex were gods to me and a window into a world I could only imagine at the time, and I still play their music a lot. Pleasantly surprised to see them chosen since they were much more popular elsewhere than in the States, but I spent lots on Bolan imports. Only drummer Bill Legend still lives, and is extremely humble and grateful. Their album "The Slider" is second only to "Exile on Main St." as my fave rock album of all time. Before the virus hit, I was planning my first trip to London in September, including seeing the "Marc Bolan Shrine", a bronze bust and memorial area at the site where Bolan died in a car crash. Might still make it there, fingers crossed.

drift, Groggy, Hep Alien and 3 others like this.
  20. Zoot Marimba

Yeah, T. Rex is awesome, and I’m glad that I discovered them. I even put “Buick McCane” in one of my playlists and my stepdad, who always hated “Bang A Gong”, ended up digging it.

21. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

They ought to put crossover hit-making band Exile in the RHOF. Exile have toured with Aerosmith and Fleetwood Mac, consistently producing 20 studio albums and hit singles, such as, 'I Don’t Want To Be A Memory' and 'Give Me One More Chance.' The group formed in 1963 and have sold over eight million records, including three Gold records and 11 No. 1 hit songs, along with numerous hits on the pop and country charts. Exile are also considered pioneering band in the genre of yacht rock.
    [​IMG]
    Exile performing a high-energy live concert

Exile performing 'I Can't Get Close Enough' in Fall 2019

22. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Sprezzatura!

It's taken this long for T. Rex!?!?!?? #notmyhof

Aftermath, Zoot Marimba and notesfrom like this.
  23. possumdude

possumdude "Spies Like Us" Aficionado

Probably a controversial take on a forum like this, but I wouldn't mind if the R&RHOF inducted more contemporary and non-rock artists. Hell, plenty of old inductees didn't fall into the category of "rock", yet some people seem less outraged by that than they are whenever a rapper or R&B artist gets inducted :rolleyes:

Are there some criminally overlooked acts from the past that deserve to be in the hall? Yeah, absolutely, but it's not like their legacy is diminished every year that they get skipped over.

frightwigwam and Zoot Marimba like this.
  24. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is slowly becoming irrelevant and turning into a Museum that only old people will go to.........how sad

thnkgreen likes this.
  25. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

lol "becoming"

The very idea is antithetical to the meaning of rock n roll. Caring about who does or doesn't get into the gift shop on Lake Erie is a mugs game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.