RocknRoll firsts

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by samthesham, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

2. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident Thread Starter

OK.The 1st true Beatles stereo LP is The Beatles aka White Album.24 hrs at the end of recordings was used to perfect the stereo mixes.Early rough mixes were used for mono.If you want to hear a number of these tunes in their most embryonic state seek out Lost Lennon Tapes #9 which is exclusively tunes that began at Rishikesh and eventually was part of The Beatles 2 LP Set.My favorite of the LLT series.Groovy stuff man.

3. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

Official Singles Chart Top 100 | Official Charts Company

AudiophilePhil likes this.
  4. samthesham

Albums not sure but the Stones all

dressed in full drag for a import 45 cover shot for "Have You Seen Your Mother Baby,Standing In The Shadows -1966.Bowie was the 1st to openly admit his bisexuality on Johnny Carson mid 70s.
    Note:Later in his career he tried to pass it off as experimenting.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  5. jimtek

jimtek Forum Resident

Elvis - First rock artist to shoot a TV in disgust with a handgun
    Keith Moon - first rock star to drive his car into a hotel swimming pool

6. samthesham

Correct.Robert Goulet was the culprit.Elvis hated him!

McLover likes this.
  7. samthesham

Elvis is also the 1st to hit someone with flashlight and break their nose.It was at the 68 Wedding Reception of The King&Pris and E was into carrying a mag lite on him.Glen Campbell was there got drunk hit on Pris she in turn told The King the proceeded to seek said villian.When The King located the clown he smashed the villian in the face with his ever present mag lite.In turn breaking the nose of one Glenn (the scmuck )Campbell.Long Live The King!Peace.

8. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I have never heard that story, nor do I believe it, so I would appreciate a citation. I think it's really unnecessary to refer to Campbell as a "scmuck"(sp).

9. samthesham

Read your ELVIS man.Campbell was/is a scmuck although a dead one.Anyway if it gets past the site police whats it to you?

10. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

The Mothers Of Invention 1968

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  11. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

What's my ELVIS? Is that a book?
    Yea...just as I thought...no citation. (surprise, surprise)
    Hmmm...what's it to me?
    Sorry, I have a strange aversion to condemnation of individuals, based on fallacies.

12. samthesham

You must be the self proclaimed rent-a-cop of the site.Everybody's
    gotta be something right.You're like a fly every where I go you show up buzzing around.SWAT!Run tell that.

13. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Actually, this is the only thread where I have encountered you, so the "every where I go you show up" statement is a bit hyperbolic, unless you can cite other threads where we have had a dialogue.

14. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

One of the early R&B greats, soon as he was ready to cross over onto the pop charts, he shoots himself.
    Johnny Ace is one of the handful of acts to have a LP issued in 1954 in the 10" era, reissued as a 12" and stay in-print in the digital era.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Darrin L. likes this.
  15. samthesham

In 68 yrs of living being in the music business 48 of them Ive seen cats like you come and go.If you knew half of half of a 1/4 of what you THINK you know you might maybe possibly know something. SWAT!

16. samthesham

17. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Oh goodness...

18. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

From what I read in Greg Russo's book, this was recorded a week before Norwegian Wood.
    The band used Indian percussionists to play during the chorus but they couldn't figure out western time signatures and gave up.

19. samthesham

I own Again......Johnny Sings (Import Vinyl) Memorial Album(Domestic Vinyl) Memorial Album(Orig untampered with CD&a few 78s &45s.Wouldnt part with them for nothing.Peace.

20. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

I suppose "in any capacity" was a poor choice of words. I meant it was the first time that phrase was mentioned in any way shape or form in rock music, despite it not having much of a connection to what that phrase would mean in the following years.

21. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Did anyone else record an entire album acapella, using an Emulator? And then tour it with a choir? Or record an album of his own songs in Bossa Nova style? And tour that with a Tiki bar?

Todd was the first user of in-ear monitors.

He animated every frame of his music video to his song Change Myself.

He wrote the first paint program for a personal computer - the Utopia Graphics system.

Obviously, this can backfire. When he tried to start his own on-line music Patronet, he insisted on writing both the client and server himself. By the time he got it halfway working, it was obsolete.

stetsonic and InStepWithTheStars like this.
  22. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

If we make a list of all the "firsts" that came from Todd's head and hands, we'd all die before we read the last 200 or 300 entries. :laugh:

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  23. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Although many sources claim Blonde on Blonde was released on that date, it is not supported by any direct evidence, and is contradicted by the fact that date of the final overdub session was June 16. The evidence suggests an actual release date in late June or early July.

Easy-E and uzn007 like this.
  24. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

This is simply not true. Campbell was not even at Elvis' wedding reception. In December of 1970 both Elvis and Campbell attended the wedding of George Klein, and there are pictures of the two of them together in which Elvis is seen holding a flashlight. But he most certainly did not break Campbell's nose, either with or without the flashlight, on that or any other occasion.

Easy-E, CheshireCat and Darrin L. like this.
  25. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

I Feel Fine was the first time it was used as a deliberate effect.

Link Wray beat the Fabs to feedback on record with Deuces Wild in July ‘64, but were in turn beaten by the Rolling Stones B-side “Stoned” in November ‘63

But ignoring all of that, there was feedback on record the very first time an electric steel guitar used on a western swing session, in January 1935

Listen around 2 minutes in!

Easy-E, vmajewsk and uzn007 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.