Rocky and Bullwinkle Set #2 - $24.99 at Target

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by indy mike, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

Rocky and Bullwwinkle fans - Target's Sunday ad has the 4 disc set listed for $24.99 - that's 52 episodes worth of Jay Ward zaniness! I'm gonna take the Target ad to Best Buy 'cause I have $25 in gift cards I've been saving for this pup...

2. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Coke, er Coca-Cola fans will get 3 20oz bottles at Best Buy with purchase. Interesting promotion, I wonder how they came up with this one?

3. indy mike

You'd think General Mills would get into the act (I'd like to see alla the Bullwinkle/General Mills commercials)...

4. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Yeah, how much do you think a box of "Twinkles" might be worth today??? :D

5. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

I wasnt going to pick this up, but for 25 bucks I just might. Maybe.

6. indy mike

That's about 50 cents a show - that's a bargain!

7. No.6

No.6 Forum Resident

I just saw it over at Costco for $23.99.

BTW, would anyone happen to know if they were planning to put on those silly watermarks at the beginning of each cartoon like they did on the Volume 1 set?

- D

8. indy mike

Yep - probably remnants from their tv runs overseas; also a nice way to keep copyright issues at bay with their restored prints so public domain video manufacturers can't sneak cleaned up prints onto their products...

9. indy mike

The Cheerios commercials are fun - they all have their pencil tests with them; there's a June foray interview and a very funny Bullwinkle album commercial ala K-Tel...

10. Burningfool

Burningfool Just Stay Alive

I'm all over this one :)

I know there was some criticism of the first set, but all I know is that my 11 year old son and 6 year old daughter LOVE that stuff. For two media savvy kids to enjoy this old animation (and laugh out loud at the jokes) makes it worth having. Especially the Fractured Fairy Tales.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.