Roger Waters Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking CD question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drexler_McStyles, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tedhead

tedhead Forum Resident

I just got an import from Austria that was released in 2000. Columbia, bar code 5099750798126. Are there any others I can compare this to or does anyone have any opinions on it?

2. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

I have the Australian "made by disctronics" with original CBS logo version (catalog 462551 2) and assume, as it's CBS, that it's from the American Master - does anybody know?

Off topic but what is it with Americans and censoring? It's a bottom for crying out loud! Hey everyone please feel free to have a gun that kills people but..... OMG this bottom (yes a bit like the one you're sitting on) may pervert our population so it has to go. Absurd behavior.

Kristofa likes this.
  3. tedhead

tedhead Forum Resident

Should have asked back in 1984, but I was only 12 and had no idea who Roger Waters was. I'm sure I wouldn't have minded the cover either, especially at that age!

Sounds like mine might be the same as the USA remastering, but I have no idea. It doesn't even say what country it was made in! catalog COL 507981 2. Again, I know this was made in Austria due to some searching, but I have no idea which mastering this is...

Also with a visible butt/bum/derierre/bottom. Austrians had no hangups apparently...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  4. tedhead

tedhead Forum Resident

Title:The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking
    Record Company: Columbia Records
    Catalog Number: 507981 2
    Bar Code: 5 099750 798126
    Matrix Information:
    1)Bottom: S5079812000-0101 15 A3 Sony Music IFPI L555 [IFPI 945A]
    Pressing Plant: Sony DADC Austria AG
    Release Information: Austrian issue.
    Total Time: 42:14
    Track Peak Levels: 52.1 / 88.4 / 44.0 / 64.5 / 90.3 / 51.3 / 81.8 / 59.5 / 76.9 / 94.2 / 90.0 / 37.5
    Description:
    Front Cover: [front] [back] 4 pane fold-open cover with nude hitch hiker, credits, title and lyrics on the front, and additional lyrics on the back.
    Back Cover: [outside] [inside] Song titles. Bar code.
    Label: Red label with text in black and "Columbia" in a circle around the outside of the CD. SACEM/BIEM LC 00162

Just want to know again about the mastering. no info anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.