Roger Waters Says David Gilmour Rejected His 'Big Peace Plan' Offer:

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by David P. Hill, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

And he can play just fine thank you very much.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  2. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

The music papers sure love this stuff. I don't really see a story here.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  3. rrbbkk

rrbbkk Forum Resident

Is anybody else sick and tired of Roger Waters continually making himself the center of the universe?

4. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Made me laugh.

krock2009, mando_dan and Sordel like this.
  5. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Sadly, it's too late for a reunion. Mr. Wright is no longer with us, and as far as I'm concerned, it really isn't Pink Floyd without him. That ship has sailed. Once again, the lesson is not learned. Time passes on and changes everything. Thank goodness they got back together one last time for Bob Geldof during Live Aid, or whatever it was called. At least all original members were on stage for a few minutes. We cannot go back in time. How I would have liked for The Beatles to play a few songs together again while all four were alive. And possibly, that would have happened. But they waited too long; waited until circumstances made the decision for them. Life is short people. Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.

6. RTZ

RTZ Forum Resident

Well "Capitalist Pig" tour is a very appropriate name.

As far as Waters playing 500 seat venues - well by his own words that is a none starter. The limited ticket sales would not sustain his ego or fuel his cash grab.

From the interview in RS:
    Would you ever want to do a tour like that on a smaller scale where you played older songs for people who aren’t expecting the big hits?
    **** no. Why would I want to do that? ............ I can’t think of anything I want to do less than go and sing “Set the Controls” in a pub.

7. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Plan B after no Floyd reunion:

Roger performs "The Wall" after at the Great Wall of China comes down with live satellite broadcast and streaming.

krock2009, St. Troy and NunoBento like this.
  8. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

True, but he hadn’t been doing much since The Division Bell, it is that being unfair?

krock2009 and Doggiedogma like this.
  9. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

One: A Pink Floyd reunion became impossible 11 years ago.

Two: Maybe if Waters hadn't left the band and sued them for continuing to use the name, they could have reunited years ago.

10. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

I think Roger came in one day and said to David: "Peace be with you". To which he probably replied: "No, I just pulled that from the new box, go away". End of Big Peace Plan.

11. Haristar

The sad thing is, no matter how many times a band reunites, the fans, and some of the band members, would always want more. That's natural, but sooner or later a band member will die and it'll make reunions impossible.

12. ABBDutchFan

ABBDutchFan Forum Resident

Yep, me too!

13. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

The degree to which some of you feel compelled to portray old Roger as a super villain is rather comical. Anyone know if he's stomped on any puppies or kittens recently?

14. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Roger, shut up n' play yer (bass) guitar.

15. Haristar

"No, Mr. Gilmour, I expect you to die!"

BNell, omikron, krock2009 and 2 others like this.
  16. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

No.

17. Efus

Efus Senior Member

He's disappointed, and being human, spoke of his disappointment.
    Maybe not the smartest move, or best outlet, or perhaps something more "machiavellian" at play.
    But clearly he's disappointed he didnt get what he wanted, despite what he thinks was his best intention.

I'm sure someone will follow-up and question him on this, and we'll see how he plays it....

krock2009, PDK and lightbulb like this.
  18. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

Not to digress, but both parties benefitted from that reunion. It certainly got TT a lot of publicity outside the UK/Europe. I also think it was genuine, in that Gary and Robbie really did get over their past issues. They certainly seem to have continued being friends since then, Robbie has appeared with them since. It was never going to be a permanent thing, where Robbie would rejoin TT full-time and stop his solo career. I don't think either Robbie or Take That would have wanted/expected that. It worked for them and healed some old wounds. Not the worst thing that could happen :)

krock2009 and longaway like this.
  19. The Bishop

The Bishop Forum Resident

Why are you apologising for that? It’s a great way to spend your time.

20. penguinzzz

penguinzzz Forum Resident

Hard to speculate on what the ‘peace plan’ was when we don’t really know what caused the current dismal state of affairs between these two. Things had been relatively civilised since Live 8, but the last I can remember of that situation was the ‘PF reunite ‘ statement issued in response to political events in October 2016. However in May 2017 Waters gave the ‘I’m twice the musician they’ll ever be/ Dave will never be my friend ‘ interview. One has to assume something happened in between these two things? Soon afterwards Gilmour referred to them ‘not getting along well right now’.

Part of me thinks it may all be down to niggles over TEY box contents, possibly the Mortal Remains exhibition and other matters over the band’s legacy and general business. But it’s depressing either way, especially in it’s possible implications for the the future Animals release.

coffeetime likes this.
  21. Christobal

Christobal Forum Resident

Odd that this is a thing as there are various Roger Water solo/tour related t-shirts available on the official PF store website.

22. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

It would be nice to see them come to an agreement that could see them do a tour together under the Pink Floyd name one last time before its too late.

Andy Saunders likes this.
  23. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

He really said that? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

24. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

25. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Absolutely my point ... where both parties benefit, the setting aside of old arguments is possible. But Gilmour would be handing Waters a huge PR victory if he were to reconcile at this point and I can't see what his motivation would be. Worse, I can foresee “Roger Waters' Pink Floyd” becoming a touring juggernaut and that would be a disaster for Gilmour. Better to spike Roger's guns now and rule out reconciliation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.