Roger Waters - This Is Not A Drill (Proposed Setlist?)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CDS AudioFiles, Sep 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShockOfDaylight

ShockOfDaylight Forum Resident

I hope he’s still planning on doing an official release for the Us + Them encore tracks he’s been doing on YouTube.

Scatterling of Africa likes this.
  2. tedhead

tedhead Forum Resident

I got with friends tonight and we purchased tickets for the Dallas show, the final night of the tour, and got great seats.

When interviewed by Michael Moore's podcast, Waters talks about the stage design and the concept behind the show. I have the Youtube link cued up to where they start discussing the show so that those not willing to listen to politics need not worry. In case it doesn't work for some of you, its at 2:10:52.

A crucifix shaped stage with quadraphonic sound, actors, multi leveled, city in the clouds, a bar, mix of Floyd and new material...

3. CDS AudioFiles

CDS AudioFiles Solid State DJ Thread Starter

Roger seems to suggest that he could have called this tour:

"I'm as Mad as Hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore!"

The quoted phrase is at around 2 minutes in.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  4. Hope so!

5. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

I wish he did a show that didn’t include any Pink Floyd hits. He has enough solo material plus songs from the Final Cut to fill a set list. I understand why he won’t do this though.

6. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

He said today in the press release that he will be playing ‘a dozen Pink Floyd songs’.

7. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

Hey, in the meantime we just got another lockdown video--The Bravery Of Being Out Of Range. See, some good things did come out of it! Slower version--dig the underlying synths and keys.

8. Farthingscat

Farthingscat Forum Resident

I hope this tour does go ahead - not sure how many tours he has left in him...

9. apb

apb Game on!

The tour is reset for next year. Waters will be 79 a few weeks after the new date of the show for which I have tickets. So it makes sense to treat any tour of his as a last chance to see him.

10. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

He himself was saying that prior to The Wall Live, more than ten years ago. But this could really be the finale. It's not a drill!

11. Farthingscat

Farthingscat Forum Resident

Indeed, I hope Roger and David do one more tour (individually of course!)

12. CDS AudioFiles

CDS AudioFiles Solid State DJ Thread Starter

Roger has indicated that he wants this tour to be staged "in-the-round", here's an extract from an EMI Biography sheet from May/June 1969.

The FLOYD are currently working on the entirely new sound system that they seem to require for their entirely new sound. Says the group’s ROGER WATERS: “We are working on a 360 degrees stereo system. We want to throw away the old format of a pop show standing on a square stage at one end of the room and running through a series of numbers. Our idea is to put the sound all around the audience with ourselves in the middle. Then the performance becomes more theatrical. And it needs special material---it can include melodrama, literary things, musical things or lights.”

So fast forward 50 plus years and we may finally see Roger's vision from 1969.

13. Asdate

Asdate Active Member

I found a third-party ticket site that claimed the show will feature:
    Comfortably Numb
    Hey You
    Watching TV
    Three Wishes

[From the suspiciously named Roger Waters 2022 Tickets | 2022 This Is Not A Drill Tour ]

Part of me suspects that they just searched "Roger Waters songs" and picked a few at random, and I doubt a random ticket-seller will have insider information, but since we know that Powers That Be was at the very least rehearsed, and the press release states that outside of the "Golden Era" material, the show will feature "a dozen new ones" (Whatever that really means), we know that much more solo material is likely being considered for this tour than Us+Them.

Anyone thinks this holds much weight?

14. Rubberpigg

Rubberpigg Senior Member

15. thiagofelipef

thiagofelipef New Member

Based on interviews, rumors and materials released by Roger on his social networks, I put together a possible setlist for This is Not A Drill:

Set 1
    Comfortably Numb
    The Powers That Be
    Is This The Life We Really Want?
    Smell The Roses
    The Happiest Days of Our Lives
    Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
    Mother
    Hey You
    In The Flesh?
    Run Like Hell

Set 2
    Sheep
    Welcome To The Machine
    The Bravery of Being Out of Range
    Watching TV
    Have A Cigar
    Wish You Were Here
    Amused To Death
    Southampton Dock
    Two Suns In The Sunset

Encore
    Money
    Us And Them
    Brain Damage/Eclipse
    The Tide Is Turning

16. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Nice list. If you included “Every Stranger’s Eyes”, you’d represent every album he’s been on since the beginning of Floyd’s golden years.

thiagofelipef likes this.
  17. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

Not a chance that Roger is opening his concert with a David Gilmour song.

18. Future Nostalgia

Future Nostalgia Host of Sending Signals podcast

I reckon they must have an agreement between them. I think David is often billed as “The voice and guitar of Pink Floyd”, so that would make sense. Roger was the conceptual guy and lyricist so you could argue he had greater creative input, whereas Dave perhaps brings greater musicianship.

19. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

Prior to the tour delay, Reg discussed starting the show with Comfortably Numb.

20. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

From the latest social media post:

This Is Not A Drill is a ground breaking new rock an roll/cinematic extravaganza, performed in the round, it is a stunning indictment of the corporate dystopia in which we all struggle to survive, and a call to action to LOVE, PROTECT and SHARE our precious and precarious planet home. The show includes a dozen great songs from PINK FLOYD’S GOLDEN ERA along side several new ones, words and music, same writer, same heart, same soul, same man. Could be his last hurrah. Wow! My first farewell tour! Don’t miss it.

Love R.

️ rogerwaters.com

Fungusmungus and Zeki like this.
  21. RockAddict

RockAddict Sanity is an illusion, just like democracy

Any confirmation of the band for the 2022 leg(s)? There's a TV appearance ("The Late Show") within the last few days where the band line-up has changes compared to the pre-covid line-ups. No Lucius? No Jon Carin? [Carin is in - I missed him!]. Or is that just for the TV show?

Songs performed:
    - The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
    - Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2
    - Another Brick In The Wall, Part 3

Edited: info & typos

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    MikeVielhaber likes this.
  22. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Carin is in.

RockAddict and Cool hand luke like this.
  23. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

Isn't that Carin behind the guitarists, to the left of the drums?

Deek57 and RockAddict like this.
  24. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

I’ll take it!

Sigma6 likes this.
  25. RockAddict

RockAddict Sanity is an illusion, just like democracy

:confused: He most certainly is. How did I not see that? Time to apply for a job as a CSI... Or not.

Cool hand luke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.