Roger Waters "Us + Them" Concert Film

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 1, 2019.

1. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

It wasn't shot on film. It was shot in HD. A Blu-ray release would be an improvement.

2. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

OK, thanks. I suppose a blu-ray release would be an improvement in a similar way to what recently happened with Pulse, i.e. deeper blacks, fewer artifacts, but not as high a resolution as if it had been shot on film.

3. rontoon

PULSE was shot on SD video and upres'ed for HD. In The Flesh was shot on HD and downres'ed for DVD. The improvement in quality of ITF in HD should look significantly better than what they did with PULSE.

4. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

Let's hope it get's released, then! Not holding my breath, but glad to hear Us + Them is coming out.

Billy Infinity and coffeetime like this.
  5. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident

For the true cheapskate like myself, you can run your own media server and mythtv (for live antenna tv with DVR functionality) that is 100% free without Plex. But it takes even more faffing about and my upload speed is such that I can't stream good quality video outside of my house.

posnera likes this.
  6. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

thanks for info. never knew.

it's potentially a massive imporvement then. Fingers crossed....

Billy Infinity, mc9 and billyhorton like this.
  7. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

With an ITF HD BluRay possible, the Dark Side tour filmed etc, there’s scope for a Roger Waters The Solo Years box set with HD concerts, 5.1 album mixes etc. Would make up for the priced to high initially RW The Wall super deluxe, ‘signed’ box set.

From Roger’s Twitter post:
    Hopefully the documentary will come as an iTunes Extras with menus etc on the iTunes version. Also hoping that the 4K might come with HDR and/or Atmos.

Has anyone seen. The film resisted for preorder on any digital platforms yet?

8. rontoon

After the expensive Wall box debacle I'd never trust Roger to sign anything that wasn't in front of me.

Azza200 and coffeetime like this.
  9. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Does everything have to be a mega box these days? :laugh:

Those releases can come out individually as a series like many other artists do with their catalogue, and those fans who want it all will buy it all anyway.

Geordiepete and rontoon like this.
  10. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

I'll take reasonably priced CD/BR sets a la The Wall 2BR, ATD CD/BR. Just thought whilst Roger might be minded to 'tit for tat' with TLY set :winkgrin:

In all seriousness, a reissue campaign with expanded albums, concerts etc would be appreciated. I've got the studio albums, live DVDs & BluRays but I'm missing many one off songs done for soundtracks etc. With unreleased concert footage/films etc in the proverbial can as well.

In the meanwhile I'm glad US+THEM has got a proper release date. I can reserve the lounge and AV rack in plenty of time. Don't want the usual eyerolling from Mrs & son that accompanies these sorts of concerts.

Has there been any suggestion as to whether Smell The Roses & CN are integrated into the film itself or are they extras?

Deek57 and Anthrax like this.
  11. rontoon

The release statement said that they were extras.

Deek57 and coffeetime like this.
  12. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

The only concert film I want from Roger Waters is a full performance from this tour:

Scancom, Jimbino, oneslip17 and 8 others like this.
  13. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

Ahh that's right!!

14. billyhorton

billyhorton Forum Resident

I didn't knew ITF was shot in HD. A bluray release would be great but I don't see Roger thinking about any time soon

mc9 likes this.
  15. Hollowsanctuary

Hollowsanctuary Aujourd’hui, je dis bonjour à la vie

Would there be a difference in sound and video quality between iTunes and Amazon? I own both an Apple TV and an Amazon Fire stick. To stream Spotify on my receiver, I use the Fire stick as the sound quality is better than Amazon. But the Apple TV is used for Netflix and other video streaming and the quality is quite good for that. So, I was wondering if there would be a difference in quality between the two providers for this release.

16. deadvoices

deadvoices amused to death

rontoon and englishbob like this.
  17. richard wilberforce

richard wilberforce Forum Resident

Are you saying he didn't sign them Ron?

18. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Lost In The Flood and rontoon like this.
  19. rontoon

20. I have a personal letter that Roger sent me and he signed it with his own rubber stamp. ;)

As many musicians have said, autographs, and their hunters, are a ****ing pain in the ass.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    rontoon likes this.
  21. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

To be fair he is not the only one. I remember reading about a fan going up to George Harrison and asking for his autograph. Only after George had walked away did the fan look at the autograph and realise that he had signed it Barry Manilow!

22. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

This was an expensive limited edition which included an autograph as part of the package. This wasn't someone hounding him after a show or out on the street. He's an ass for doing this.

23. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I have a musician friend, when his band put out signed limited edition each member learned another's signature, nobody signed their own name. The record went top forty, I'm not naming names..

Bink likes this.
  24. rontoon

How exactly does this make it alright?

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  25. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

It doesn't.