Roku question

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by James Slattery, Nov 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident Thread Starter

Which model would be best to use with an adapter on a CRT television set? I have a Roku that's around 10 years old which works fine but I want to get IMDB TV and my model doesn't work with that service.

2. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

I imagine any current one would be fine. We get imdb on our roku tv and from the years old roku in another room. It's our original roku from more than five years ago. Maybe 10.

3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If you're piping to a CRT TV, then you don't care about 4K. So all Roku devices will provide a signal with sufficient resolution. The other differences among them are: A) Some use line of sight IR remote and some use a RF remote that can work without line of sight; B) Some offer voice navigation through the remote.

If neither RF nor voice navigation matters, get the very cheapest one you can find in the store.

Shawn likes this.
  4. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

Roku announced a bare bones Walmart exclusive model for Black Friday for $15, which is pretty damn cheap. But right now for $20 you can get the Premiere model which works well, I find.

5. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident Thread Starter

I understand that there was a way to set the Roku player to 4x3 but that option has been eliminated on current models. I'd like a model that includes that option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.