Rolling Stones 2020 North America Tour postponed..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MRamble, Feb 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

The Who and Eric Clapton have taken the more sensible option (IMO). Postpone for 12 months.

Sean, epp56, RJ3000 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'll play:

CLE Lucky Dip: I can "request refund"
    PITT pit: no "request refund" option

I guess they're cool giving me back my $73 but not my $541!

3. Nomadicarchivist

Nomadicarchivist Forum Resident

Ridiculous

4. Agerst1574

Agerst1574 Forum Resident

I am retired and often traveled to see shows in addition to seeing shows in Florida and NY where I live. I don’t even want to think about how much I am out regarding flights and concert tickets. I have tickets for 9 shows and cancelled two tours overseas in addition to some domestic trips. One of them was flying to Atlanta to see the Stones.

Yes, I might get vouchers for the flights but good luck attempting to redeem them when the airlines get going again. I have yet to get any refund or even be offered any refund yet for my concerts.

My guess is there will be some refunds but I also think there will haggling over this. It is a mess.

The bottom line is all of us staying healthy. Money comes and go. But I am not buying a damn ticket for anything until the industry gets rolling again.

Fullbug, Sean, PH416156 and 3 others like this.
  5. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

YMMV, but people seem to be having *some* success with TM by being proactive and getting on a chat with an agent. Probably depends on act + venue.

Also, if the airline cancels the flight, the money goes back to the credit card. If you cancel, you'll probably get a full flight credit depending on when you booked. Anyway, all the info will be on your airline's web site.

6. Nomadicarchivist

I'
    I can relate only to an extent. I am hoping to atleast get my airline change fees waved for the Glastonbury 50 cancellation
    Thus far I'm out of luck but somewhat hopeful...

7. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

Sourhwest Airlines refused to give me a refund for my cancelled flights to New Orleans for the Jazz and Heritage Festival. They would only give me a voucher to use for another Southwest flight of my choosing which has to be booked before January, 2021.

Nomadicarchivist likes this.
  8. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

That’s pretty lame. At the very least they should be giving much more time to redeem it considering that this will be affecting us all much longer. Vaccines could easily be 18 months away, they should be giving you 2 years to redeem it.

9. Agerst1574

Agerst1574 Forum Resident

I had flights to Charleston to see the High Water Festival and to go to Oklahoma City to seee Pearl Jam. Both of the flights were on American Airlines, I was given a credit but it has to be on the same route. When am I going to Oklahoma City again if Pearl Jam does not reschedule the show?

10. Post-Punk Monk

Post-Punk Monk Seeking divinity in records from '78-'85 or so…

I had tickets to fly to London a week ago to see Heaven 17 perform the first two Human League albums. They have naively rescheduled for mid-September and I don't see how I can go then. Given that the employment situation is really unstable. To say nothing of the slim chance that gigs will be happening by then.

I got the ticket through justfly.com on British Airways. Justfly.com would not even let me cancel the flight. "See the airline." BA took my voucher request and said, "you bought these through an agent - talk to the agent." So... a black hole for the money, but since this thread is about The Rolling Stones, I was thinking of driving two hours to Charlotte to maybe go, but not now. I concur that shows should probably not happen this year. We are holding tix for Kishi Bashi locally in two weeks locally, and Nick Cave + the Bad Seeds in Atlanta in October. We'll see if/when these get rescheduled.

11. Stephen J

Stephen J Forum Resident

If the virus situation persists, I don't think there's any doubt that SW and other airlines will have to extend the voucher redemption period beyond a year.

12. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Yep, looks like it:

May 23, 2016

Better Business Bureau is reissuing a warning about JustFly.com, an online travel agency that has racked up more than 250 complaints with BBB, earning it an F rating and generating an investigation by “The Haggler” that appeared in yesterday’s New York Times.

13. Nomadicarchivist

Just hope everyone is able to hang in there so we CAN see them again.

Desperation is already causing some folks in my hood to resort to drastic measures

14. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Nibbling on their vast supplies of toilet paper? Tough times most definitely ahead, for sure. Society breakdown by May. No one is going to expensive concerts this year.

15. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

feel bad for the folks that bought the tickets and made travel plans. i pretty much dont buy advance sale tickets anymore for almost any show especially the legacy acts, generally the prices can flex so i play the game. on a few occasions i have been shut out but thats for smaller venues. i hope i have a chance to see the stones again but at this point in my life and my own health threatened i hope to just survive and enjoy my family and i wish the same for them and everybody else

Crispy Rob, Crimson Witch and Sean like this.
  16. Oatsdad

I had travel plans to see Gaga in Vegas in May, but I was able to cancel my plane ticket without a reschedule fee.

I still have a prepaid car reservation but hopefully Priceline will refund that. Their site asks not to contact them until close to the reservation date, and I'll respect that - no need to pester them with another 5 weeks to go!

17. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I noticed that my Ticketmaster Order Details was updated and now has a Request a Refund link. That’s for the Austin show. Can’t speak for any of the other gigs, but for Austin that refund option was not there before.

fishcane likes this.
  18. JR63

JR63 Forum Resident

TM is also now offering full refunds for the Heinz Field show in Pittsburgh, PA.

Sean likes this.
  19. macdaddysinfo

macdaddysinfo Forum Resident

refund requested for San Diego.

had to use a computer - mobile app didn't give me an option to request refund.

20. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

Martial Law soon to follow.
    Then the A.I. robots.
    You knew it was coming one day.

Sean and MrGrumpy like this.
  21. Oatsdad

Yup - there it is for my ticket!

Which I'll keep, as I have pit and want to hold it when/if the show takes place.

Happy those who need the refunds now can get 'em, though!

22. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Option to request a refund is now available for the Buffalo show.

23. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Stay safe and be well!

footlooseman likes this.
  24. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Looks like I can request a refund for both Nashville and Austin.

Anybody have an educated guess as to whether or not this option will disappear once the rescheduled dates are set? I'd prefer to hang on to them in the hopes that the rescheduled dates fall outside of the college calendar so I can still go ... but if they are rescheduled for say, November, and the refund option disappears, I'm stuck.

MrGrumpy likes this.
  25. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

There won't be a Southwest Airlines if this goes on for a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.