Rolling Stones Brussels Affair '73 box sets

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jack, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floyd

floyd Senior Member

The $150 box does not have the 2 CDs, I think that was only for the original ones with the autographs. The set is really nice. It even comes in outer custom cardboard box to protect the "fancy box" which is packed in a cloth bag. That cardboard box is then in a shipping box, in all it is pretty big.

2. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

I believe it does include cd's. At least that is what they were advertising when I bought mine.

3. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Mine didn"t, or at least I did not find any. Maybe I need to look further. I have not had the time to play the vinyl yet so I have not pulled it out of the shrink wrap, maybe they are in there, I hope so!

4. MarshallMan

MarshallMan Forum Resident

The cd's are inside the LP packaging.

floyd likes this.
  5. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

6. My copy just delivered to work-great way to start the day. Big thumbs up for the packaging, virtually bomb proof. Decided to walk to work in the sunshine today , dont think I'll be carrying the box 3 miles home tonight though.

sberger likes this.
  7. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Mine arrived today, all looked well until I played Side One of the first LP, horribly distorted all the way through, just unlistenable. I checked the other side and the remaining two records and they seem to be fine but for a touch of inner groove distortion on the last tracks of each side. I encountered this kind of defect on the RSD Velvet Underground Live reunion album, but it was only on one track at the end of a side, and I got a replacement LP.

Other than that it's a beautiful set, the CDs are compressed but a bit of EQ helps. My unofficial two CD set (the one with the blue cover and Jagger photo) sounds better though. In the end I purchased the set for the vinyl, I'm not holding out hope that I'll get a replacement seeing as the lot they offered is sold out. Oh well, fingers crossed....

8. DigMyGroove

I just got off the phone with the vendor. The Rep said in my case I would just return the individual record that's defective and they would replace it. Although currently out of stock she said there is no note that the product will no longer be available, so to her that indicated there would be future stock for sale at some point. All that said there are no guarantees about when or if I'd ever get a replacement. Now the question is whether to return everything and get the full refund or just do as she's indicated which could result in my never getting a replacement.

9. DigMyGroove

I've just received an email notifying me that $15.28 has been refunded to my Paypal account. I assume that's what they deem one slab (or one side?) of vinyl to be worth. Odd as I didn't resolve anything with the customer service rep at all. I'll call back tomorrow, perhaps another employee will know more.

10. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Sorry this happened to you, I am wondering how many of these suffer from that defect (thinking of the Zep Houses of the Holy vinyl issue). People should consider this before paying the inflated prices through EBay etc and those who just received their sets should check theirs ASAP.

11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

received my set today. what a cool presentation. on side 2 of the vinyl right now too and it is very cool.

12. DigMyGroove

Yes, exactly! Anyone out there who has listened to all their vinyl please report on quality issues if any, I'd really appreciate knowing.

eelkiller likes this.
  13. DigMyGroove

Did your Side One play OK?

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

entire first disc was basically flawless, save for some sleeve scuffing. disc two has a warp but is playing fine. i've learned that every new vinyl purchase is a roll of the dice.

15. DigMyGroove

Thanks for that. All my LPs were somewhat warped but that's not an issue for me since I own the Vinyl Flat and can easily fix that.

GentleSenator likes this.
  16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

alright, that's it. i'm getting one now.

17. DigMyGroove

Good call, it takes one potential and continual vinyl defect issue off the table for good. We all have enough to deal with with the host of other quality problems. Be sure to also buy the Groovy Pouch to heat it up in, I wouldn't trust the oven method myself.

GentleSenator likes this.
  18. Just playing through lp1 now. Side two much better than side one which has quite a bit of surface noise but will try side one again since the tubes have warmed up. Definitely needs a good clean though. I can really crank the vinyl compared to some of the digital versions i have. Lp is warped but not an issue with inner and outter weights.
    Ok. Replaying side one,better but still sounds a bit odd as though some parts out of time. Not so keen on the card inners and putting the lps into less abrasive sleeves. Despite complaints so far nothing can detract from the fact that this set rocks . As long as the rest of the lps are no worse i'll be a happy camper

19. DigMyGroove

On my side one the distortion was a rhythmic crunch for lack of better words, plus that "out of time" sound you refer to.

20. Lp2 has a slight warp but otherwise flawless. I'm not sure that returning the set is even an option for me with freight costs. Plus, as you say there's a chance that the set may not appear again. I'm interested in what further response you get from the seller.

21. DigMyGroove

I just got off the phone with Bravado, they confirmed there is no other stock to issue a replacement, and no notes on whether any will evr be available. Given that I'm going to return the entire box set. As nice as the book is it won't be looked at much, nor the poster, and the watch is useless, plus the CDs sound worse than my unofficial version. The vinyl mastering while an improvement over my unofficial CDs isn't a striking one, so I can live without owning this set much easier than living with a flawed one. I hope others have better luck than I!

RPhelps likes this.
  22. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

That's a bad lot. Now that the physical boxes are sold out I wish they would consider offering a high resolution download with a high resolution PDF book. $49 sounds fair.

23. DigMyGroove

Well my wallet will appreciate getting back that $178!

24. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Sorry that you don't live in Europe as I gladly would taken the box from you.

25. Double cleaned my side 1 today and gave it another try. If anything the cleaning made things sound a little worse. The other 4 sides sound so much better that the poor quality of the faulty one really stands out and offends the ear. I feel a bit pissed as this was in all likelihood to have been my final vinyl purchase as I've run out of room, and recordings that I desperately want. I've had pretty good fortune over the last few years with my vinyl buying and this is not the one I needed to spoil the party.
    I've sent an email to the sellers but will no doubt get the same answer as DigMyGroove.
    Interesting to hear how many others end up the same .
    I guess I can go back to hoping that the set gets a stand alone vinyl release sometime...........:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.