Rolling Stones in Mono reissue - 1/20/23*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Nicode70, Feb 25, 2021.

1. webbj

webbj Well-Known Member

Would never have guessed it. Just received my #5526 from Amazon UK via Canada Post. 8 days total travel time from GB to Montreal, Canada

Final cost is $406 CAD.

Will look into them tomorrow. Super excited

Justin Luey, jazon and treaclefingers like this.
  2. treaclefingers

treaclefingers Señor Miembro

Good to know.

My vinyl isn't actually touching the bag, and I don't even know if sure if it's PVC, I was using it as a generic term for the outer bag that covers the album jacket...whatever the heck that's made of.

Just thought of this...been collecting for over 40 years and never had a problem with records 'warping' while I owned them (well 'cept that one time I left my original copy of Venus and Mars in the sun...now THAT is a warp!).

Zoo Station likes this.
  3. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

If you haven’t, you may want to contact ABKCO directly, I knew Target wasn’t going to have any of it replacing a single disc. I doubt anyone besides ABKCO can do that anyway. Good luck!

Aura likes this.
  4. bruinuclafan

bruinuclafan Forum Resident

Just to be clear I didn’t contact uMusic I contacted ABKCO directly using the email @astro70 provided in this thread.

Leonthepro and Aura like this.
  5. Jim0830

Jim0830 Forum Resident

That is my feeling about these glossy jackets, which are stored vertically in the box. They are not stuffed in there like sardines, nor are they loose enough to be rubbing and sliding against each other. So I think they are relatively safe.

As far as free parts go, I will agree I may have been premature tossing those outer sleeves with the sticky top flaps. It might have made sense to just cut off the top flaps as was suggested. It has also occurred to me it might have been a problem removing the record because the sleeve may have wanted to stay behind in the box as record is removed. But I'll never know now because I jumped the gun a bit.

For me I will never have any use for white pure paper inner sleeves that aren't poly-lined. They are candidates for the recycle bin. The only paper inner sleeves I keep are colored paper inner sleeves or printed paper inners. I put the LP in a poly inner sleeve and store the inner sleeve inside the jacket.

6. skuhn8

skuhn8 Forum Resident

I keep the LPs in a poly inner which is then inserted within the provided inner for added firmness. I don't like flimsy records. They reside in the box open-ended out so that I can be spinning on the TT within seconds.

Jim0830 likes this.
  7. RJD1954

RJD1954 Forum Resident

My mono box:

Ordered from JPC Germany

Left JPC by DHL courier 24Jan
    Tracking says it will leave Germany FOR Australia on Jan 26. And be delivered within 5-15 working days from then.
    Tracking still says that.
    DHL say it’s in Australia despite what their own Tracking says.
    Australia Post (DHL hand off courier in Australia) say it’s still in Germany.
    DHL say it’s in Australia.

Great tracking system

It’ll probably just appear on my doorstep !

8. treaclefingers

treaclefingers Señor Miembro

https://www.discogs.com/sell/history/25811089

It looks like some pretty unscrupulous sellers are selling 'air' on Discogs...the last 9 sales have occurred at around the US$100 level. Feel bad for those falling for the scammers but honestly who thinks you're getting this box for a hundred bucks (and yes, the Amazon $14 offer was a lottery ticket that was worth a try).

Anyway, caveat emptor!

9. armin

armin Forum Resident

currently German Post and DHL is on warning strike. This may be a reason for the delay. Hope you get it soon

10. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

ABKCO also asked for my box number, it seems like they are trying to figure out if it’s the entire run or only a certain portion of it with warped No 2s.

11. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

just received my Amazon UK box! It was nicely packed in the original UMG box. No damage to the outer Stones box like many here.

12. Jim0830

Jim0830 Forum Resident

I don't like flimsy records either, but inserting poly inners into paper inners seems tricky. It would seem if the paper inners are smaller than your poly inners you are screwed. I solve the flimsy inners issue by using .2 mil or lately .3 mil poly inners. But we all do what works best for us.

13. recordhead

recordhead Forum Resident

Same here. I have found a decent flaw. On US Aftermath there are two bubbles in between Under My Thumb and Doncha Bother Me. My cartridge will track through it but since they are spaced out its a loud THUMP THUMP for a few rotations as UMT fades out.

14. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Poly inners worked fine inside the paper sleeves - putting the mofi sleeve in there would work as well.
    Sometime, I put the little paper glue on the outside of the poly before putting it into the sleeve, so it kinda sticks to the sleeve and becomes "one" with it.

skuhn8 likes this.
  15. Skibum2

Skibum2 Forum Resident

I have now listened to 9 out of the 16 albums. So far the sound quality is fantastic no pops no clicks , although people complain about the colored vinyl but I haven't noticed any background noise. Granted I don't have the most revolving system. To me this proves you don't have to buy autophile recordings to get great sound. The only thing I can say about the paper sleeves is that they did leave a lot of paper residue but I did change them out inJoy everyone

16. i against i

i against i Well-Known Member

Ended up reaching out to ABKCO after this post and they ended up shipping me a replacement copy of LIB that will be arriving here tomorrow. :pineapple:

17. recordhead

recordhead Forum Resident

Did you use this email address? [email protected] I think I'm going to try and get a replacement for my copy of Aftermath.

i against i likes this.
  18. i against i

i against i Well-Known Member

Yes that is the address I reached out to. I included a description of the issue, the picture above and a copy of my receipt from Amazon (screenshot).

recordhead likes this.
  19. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Haha, a friend who was initially sceptical about this walked into a store yesterday. Saw a copy for 349€ and… bought it!

treaclefingers likes this.
  20. Lolz123

Lolz123 Active Member

Abkco sent a replacement box via Route. It’s also damaged. Going back and forth with their customer service again.

Updated: They refunded me, but I can keep the damaged boxes. Whatever.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    ODShowtime likes this.
  21. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

Well after some worry I wasn't going to receive the box from Amazon UK with incorrect messages about the package being damaged and returned it showed up on my front porch today in perfect shape. No import fees either!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

22. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

They refunded you for the cost of the box set? Or a partial refund? Can’t imagine they’d be too interested in losing out on hundreds of $ just because they can’t correctly pack a box.

23. Carl Hoffmann

Carl Hoffmann Senior Member

Thanks to your posts Astro70 I reached out to ABCKO and received a similar response from Amy. Looks like they are doing right by us and trying to resolve the No.2 dish problem. Really refreshing to know this defect issue is going to be handled in a professional and honest manner.

bruinuclafan and astro70 like this.
  24. Lolz123

Lolz123 Active Member

Full refund minus the cost of Route insurance. Received $411 back already. Agreed that it seems absurd to not have just packaged these better. Oh, well.

25. Aura

Aura Forum Resident

Thanks! I missed the detail about contacting ABKCO via the email address. No wonder I'm getting a different solution from ABKCO's fulfillment partner uMusic. I'll reach out to them at the email address.

bruinuclafan and astro70 like this.