Rolling Stones Let It Bleed RSD EVISCERATED!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ben Adams, Nov 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

As I said above, I doubt I’ll get the chance to overpay for it.

2. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

This needs some modification to be useful

3. pauluz

pauluz Forum Resident

And the fan club insert. That one seems to gave been overlooked in this thread.

[​IMG]

4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Any scratches created by such paper sleeves are almost always superficial - they don't impact the grooves. And I'm told that one of the big problems with non-black vinyl is you can't see minor blemishes.

So if you can't see them and you can't hear them...is it an issue?

5. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Almost always? I have several records with every-revolution ticks that beg to differ...

leavingthistown, Shawn and McLover like this.
  6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Just from the paper sleeve? Not likely.

7. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Not plain paper, like actually generic paper sleeves, but the ones that are kind of floppy and prone to static, like this appears to be? Yeah, definitely.

8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Definitely? How on earth can you be certain that the PAPER - the kind that cause static or otherwise - caused a repeating tick? There are so many other more likely variables.

I stand by what I wrote.

9. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Because the paper clinging against the vinyl is what held some sort of particle against the surface to impart the scratch. Pretty basic common sense when you see and feel it happening...

And, sure, you can help prevent that by shooting a ZeroStat in there first. But that doesn’t eliminate any possible shifting in transit before it even gets to you. I’m pretty sure a poly sleeve would cost the label less than the 40 cents or so it costs me to buy them, and I don’t think that’s too much to ask when they are selling these for $100. Seems like a silly thing for them not to do.

Buddybud likes this.
  10. sillycornelius

sillycornelius Forum Resident

Nope. His commentary in this video is an exception to the majority of the other videos on his channel. He even frequently talks about how much he doesn't know about certain artists/genres. I appreciate his honesty and expertise - and his willingness to admit when he's clueless about something.

sbsugar and Lost In The Flood like this.
  11. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Ummm, vinyl records have static too. The problem is the debris, not the static. Even if there is no static, if there is debris inside the sleeve, it’s not as though it has anywhere to go.

I prefer not to get paper sleeves too (and I put every in a new rice paper-like sleeve) because I’m OCD about paper scuffs, but they (and any accompanying static) are not the problem.

Shawn and GentleSenator like this.
  12. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

I’m not blaming the paper itself, I am blaming the clinging action of this type of paper sleeve. They suck.

13. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

Hey, if someone wants to pay $100 or this, go for it. All I see is a $20-$30 record... I don't care if it's hand-poured or factory (not a fan of color vinyl in general). If they want to release 900 copies though, they should price it normally. If it goes up in value on its own, good for it. I find this to be a slap in the face of us RSD shoppers. If it sells out (it will) they'll just do it again in the future. If we found out that it's an audiophile pressing or a unique mix, I could maybe see the higher price. I would put money on it being digitally sourced though.

I, for one like The In Groove's videos. I like seeing what I would be paying for. Usually, if one record has a warp, the other copies will have that problem and he informs of that, along with sound quality for some titles. I'm glad he said something about this release and he's right, we should demand that they actually put out quality products for the price. If someone wants buy this for $100 and keep it or sell it good for you. I'm in this hobby for the music and this release is a slap in the face for the $.

14. Giorgio

Giorgio Forum Resident

Limited to 900.
    And there is one on Discogs numbered 936...
    :biglaugh:

15. Joint Attention

Joint Attention Forum Resident

Welp, tons of these on eBay this morning if you are willing to pay $500 for it. I think I will give the old SACD a spin.

AlienRendel likes this.
  16. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

It’s going to sound better. You won’t get a swishing sound every time the needle hits a different color. :D

17. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Just get the 50th anniversary vinyl from last year still available for $20-25 and play that. That's all this one is without the color and certificate.

sharedon likes this.
  18. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Wow, you guys are taking Mike's video way overboard lol. Its just a video and his opinion that its overpriced for what you get. For the most part he does a good job of supporting good sounding reasonably priced lps. If you actually watch his videos, youd see that.

19. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

I found a sealed London 1st press for 9.99 so grabbed that last summer....Couldn’t live without the poster anyway

20. healter skealter

healter skealter Human animal

The poster was hideous iirc, mine fell apart after about 10 years on my wall. But although the group pic was fine, the top half inexplicably presents Jagger as a pig/human hybrid. Not a good look.

21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

welcome to the party. as you can see, everyone's been having a lot of fun!

22. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yeah, I never saw the love for that poster either. Why is a giant Mick above the others? Kinda cheap looking.

Bill Why Man likes this.
  23. Griselda

Griselda Active Member

Wish I saw this first. Thought I was lucky to get a copy this morning but very disappointed by the product. The color pressing looks EXACTLY like the one in the video, so much for a unique looking copy. Also my certificate of authenticity number is 922! WTH? Just how many of these did they really press?

24. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

So basically you have a product for chest thumpers.
    Hopefully a few hundred store owners make enough on e bay to keep them open another day.

25. Griselda

Griselda Active Member

Mine is 922. Either someone doesn’t know how to count or they pressed more than 900.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.