Rolling Stones Live at El Mocambo Show release*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark-10, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

It must've been after the rehearsals as I and a few other guys were stopped by someone who was manning the back door.

CRadtke, andrewskyDE, Sean and 2 others like this.
  2. RJD1954

RJD1954 Forum Resident

I LOVE LYL - especially side four. 4 GREAT LOUD RAMSHACKLE STONES’ RnR tracks. I like the Mocambo side. But it always sticks out like a sore thumb to me. It did not deserve to be on LYL.

It deserves its own release. I hope this rumour is true.

MrMarty and DocShipe like this.
  3. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Ok maybe right before them or early on the day of the first set will need to check.
    It is revealed on the Past And Present Radio Show from 1982.
    Kudos to you, sounds like you were top to the what, where and when we're going on before most!

Davido likes this.
  4. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Agreed.

It is possible, but Eddie isn't always a reliable source.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Mark-10

Mark-10 Forum Resident Thread Starter

6. Jack

Jack Senior Member

I’ll believe it when John Fell tells me.

TonyCzar, superstar19, Amnion and 9 others like this.
  7. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Look familiar?

[​IMG]

8. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

(groan)

9. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

My Japanese is rusty. Care to translate?

10. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

I think this is probably true. The 40 x 5 tributo bar guys have always published reliable information. Had so for GHS and TY.

11. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

Anniversary show comin' up at El Mocambo, posted on the club's instagram:

theelmocambo
    Join us in celebrating the 45th anniversary of the Rolling Stones secret show at the legendary El Mocambo with special guests and live music. On March 4th and 5th 1977 the biggest rock and roll band on the planet played our small club in Toronto and recorded a live album. We are so excited to have partnered with The Stones Unzipped to bring this celebration to life, celebrating the power of music, art and design. A huge thank you to our sponsors.

ARK, Hep Alien, footlooseman and 8 others like this.
  12. Chris Bernhardt

Chris Bernhardt Forum Resident

The Stones merch email has been pumping out Love You Live stuff ( which seemed a little odd), so I think this has wheels.

13. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Indeed; likewise the early FSK submission details have never been wrong before for visual releases, so that's ironclad info. I just find it hard to believe that both are happening simultaneously

On another front, it seems that Mick and Keith are both in Jamaica. Keith did an unboxing video for the new Winos box set in his pad there; Mick posted a few holiday snaps and said he's there working on an album. So that also has to slot into their plans somewhere... 60 and counting!

14. rrbbkk

rrbbkk Forum Resident

Consider "Love You Live" expanded to three LPs:

LP One (and two in a gatefold sleeve).
    Side 1; same as the original
    Side 2; same as the original

LP Two.
    Side 3; addition of 3-5 songs recorded live in Paris or wherever for the original release
    Side 4; same as the original

^^^This would complete a an approximation of a '75-'76 show THEN, IN THE SAME PACKAGE:

LP Three in its own single, newly designed, LP sleeve.
    Side 5; 4-5 additional El Macambo tracks
    Side 6; same as the original (El Macambo, side three of 1977 release)

BOTH THE the 2LP and the single El Mac then slide into a "master" slip case for the whole shebang.

I think this would be the salute the long underrated "Love You Live" deserves.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  15. peter

peter Senior Member

The EL side sound completely different - I agree - but that is what I liked about it. I thought the rest of the album was sloppy. I have revised my opinion somewhat, but I still think EL is the standout on LYL and really does deserve its own release. Long, long overdue.

16. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

That would make a nice, sleazy box set.

enro99, Hep Alien, Sean and 5 others like this.
  17. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I'd love a full Paris show.

I'd love it almost as much as a full Mocambo show.

Hep Alien, Sean, footlooseman and 4 others like this.
  18. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

If they are going to rejig side 3 of the original album to help recreate the arena concert experience (Midnight Rambler please!) I don't see why they shouldn't make the all EL Mocambo LP into something similar to the gigs running orders and not have one side exactly as it was issued in 1977.
    Of course knowing the Stones I will be surprised if one of these things happens let alone both!

Edit: Of course the 3LP's may well be issued in the one jacket not unlike say the Live Fonda Theatre Sticky Fingers.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    Sean and footlooseman like this.
  19. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

Hey, alright.

Hep Alien and aphexj like this.
  20. Mark-10

Mark-10 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi, sorry to mBen989 but I dont understand japanese. I exchange some whatsapps with the man of 40 x 5 Tributo Bar that put the notice and he is very convinced

of it. I found the Tracklist and they played 24 different songs in the two shows. 1 of Between the Buttons , 1 of Beggar Banquet, 2 of Sticky Fingers, 4 of Exile on Main

Street, 3 of Its only Rock and Roll, 6 of Black and Blue , 1 of Tatto You and 6 covers. No one of Let it Bleed or Goats Head Soup.

March 4, 1977 1- Route 66 (Bobby Troup) , 2- Honky Tonk Women, 3- Hand of Fate, 4- Fool to Cry, 5- Crazy Mama (Live debut), 6- Crackin' Up (Bo Diddley),

7- Around and Around (Chuck Berry), 8- Melody (Live debut), 9- Star star, 10- Worried about You (Live debut), 11- Lets Spend the Night Together, 12- Little Red

Rooster (Willie Dixon), 13- Luxury, 14- Brown Sugar, 15- Jumping Jack Flash.

March 5, 1977. 1- Honky Tonk Women, 2- All down the line, 3- Hand of Fate, 4- Route 66, 5- Fool to Cry, 6- Crazy Mama, 7- Mannish Boy (Muddy Waters),

8- Crackin' Up 9- Dance Little Sister, 10- Around and Around, 11- Tumbling Dice, 12- Happy, 13- Hot Stuff, 14- Star star, 15- Worried about You, 16- Lets Spend the

Night Together, 17- Worried Life Blues (Big Maceo), 18- Its only Rock and Roll, 19- Rip this Joint, 20- Little Red Rooster, 21- Luxury, 22- Brown Sugar, 23- Jumping

Jack Flash. Cheers.

DocShipe, Hep Alien, mBen989 and 6 others like this.
  21. Ironbelly

Ironbelly Forum Resident

It is just translation to Japanese of the initial info from 40x5 Tributo Bar that was posted here and at iorr. Nothing new.

22. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Yep. If this counts for anything Matt Clifford is there with them too — this from his latest Instagram post about an hour ago:

[​IMG]

Caption: "It's proven that Vitamin D aids creativity... ;)"

Almost definitely a writing session for a new Stones album, then

23. RAZORMADE

RAZORMADE I crawled out from the bottom in the dark...

Great fan-made documentary ...
    The Rolling Stones - 1977 (Keith Toronto Arrest, El Macombo, Rehab, Love You Live)
    Part 1 of 2

24. RAZORMADE

RAZORMADE I crawled out from the bottom in the dark...

Part 2 of 2

25. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

A complete El Mocambo release would tick off another check box on my all-time wish list. Have to admit, I got most everything I ever wanted!