Rolling Stones Live at El Mocambo Show release*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark-10, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

Did you get the color vinyl or the standard?

Juggsnelson likes this.
  2. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Holy crap. Well now I gotta get one.

Edit: god look at that price.

3. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

Even if Grundman (if it's him) used the same digital file to cut the vinyl from it's not a given fact it will sound the exact same as the cd edition. In fact, if you go through this thread it would seem it doesn't.

4. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

Received the colored vinyl set today - sounds great! Flat and quiet vinyl.

Only complaint I have is one I read earlier in the thread. Probably should have been 3 Lps

Fred Dender, oldjollymon and Nielsoe like this.
  5. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

Please do. As stated by me in a previous post I just cannot imagine anyone not being impressed with this. It is expensive (I payed 98 USD here in Denmark) and I see this is a fairly good price for this. But you just go ahead and hold back for a while on other releases. That was my game plan. Having been on the fence like you, I'm so glad I pulled the trigger on this one.

Fred Dender and MRamble like this.
  6. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

Mine is the standard black.

Gonzo-a-gogo, Batman21 and MRamble like this.
  7. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Woohoo!

and also..dammit!

JeffreyB and Fred Dender like this.
  8. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

The concert sounds tight but why did they open with Honky Tone Woman? Ugh..:confused:

J_D__ and MRamble like this.
  9. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Would they over dub for an album that wasn’t going to be made (apart from the 4 on LYL) back in 1977? If something was done it’s probably 21 century magic lol.

10. Musical Chairs

Musical Chairs Forum Resident

This has been my inner monologue since this came out.

11. supermd

supermd Senior Member

If it wasn’t appropriate to have a musician as our avatar who has dipped their pen into those inkwells, virtually none of the current musician avatars would be viable.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    Rockin' Robby and OldSoul like this.
  12. Here in Toronto, it seems anyone that's ever had a soft spot for the Elmo and side 3 of LYL has bought up every last copy. I spent the afternoon in sweaty 28 degree weather searching and finally nabbed the last known vinyl copy in town. Any minor quibbles one might have with reverb or digital processing are overwhelmed by the the sheer energy of the show. It's like they had a chip on their shoulder and wanted to prove something. Having spent so many nights at the Elmo, I can freshen my drink, lower the lights, turn up the volume and pretend I'm there.
    That's definitely Chris Bellman's scribe in the deadwax and once again, he's done a fantastic job cutting these lacquers. Speaking only of the vinyl; if you can't enjoy this, you're probably doing something wrong.

iggyd, grx8, maui jim and 5 others like this.
  13. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

Word, my friend. Welcome in the club.

DangerousKitchen and Juggsnelson like this.
  14. Nike

Nike Duke

Bcs HTW was opener till 1975

OldSoul likes this.
  15. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

And no one should be complaining about Wyman being excluded from covers in that case! That's a whole big can of worms.

Alright4now, supermd and MRamble like this.
  16. ExHead

ExHead Forum Resident

That’s the problem.

leeroy jenkins likes this.
  17. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I kinda want this (vinyl version), but $130 seems a bit steep, no?

18. Dean R

Dean R Forum Resident

Yes

19. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

It is indeed. I payed the equivalent of 98 USD here in Denmark. That is still a little steep, but I must say had I payed 130,- I would still think it's more than worth it to be completely honest. That is if the pressing quality of mine is the norm. It's flat and very quit.

20. Dean R

Dean R Forum Resident

Actually we can be pretty sure it’s an agreed thing between the band and Bill, or else we’d have heard about it from Bill.

21. Dean R

Dean R Forum Resident

It’s very unusual for front line vinyl to use the CD master.
    Pretty sure that won’t have happened here.
    What may have happened is that Marcussen may have created a vinyl master for Grundman to cut.

Tom Wabe likes this.
  22. I am quite certain that the vinyl was cut from a high-res source with the same dynamics. In order to have the split between the album sides, it was actually a different file/mastering, and perhaps (probably) some specific EQ settings were applied for the vinyl version. I don't have the CD, but the vinyl sounds pretty good to me, and the music is great.

Tom Wabe likes this.
  23. pryp

pryp Forum Resident

Marcussen is a disaster.

That said hes probably just doing what Mick wants.

Mick : Hey marco, Just make it sound modern. youre good at that...

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  24. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Kind of like Keith's set ever since (for many)? And it allows Mick to presumably take a break and put on a second outfit before hitting the war horses

supernaut likes this.
  25. Alien Reg

Alien Reg Forum Resident

My (black) vinyl is pre-ordered. Looking forward to it. Only worry is the unusual nature of the one-sided discs, which I didn't realize till after I'd hit the button.

Three questions, if anyone's got time to answer them -
    Can anyone tell me how many discs I can expect? Thought it was 4, then someone said 7.
    Are they all single-sided?
    Does the audience sound fade in and out at the beginning and end of each side or abruptly start and stop?

hiterss likes this.