Rolling Stones - Pro-ject Turntable $249 @ soundstage direct

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Davidmk5, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

ummm.... i don't need it but of course i want it.

Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  3. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

exact thought i had.

GentleSenator likes this.
  4. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Sold off a couple of extra items recently.....white or black folks?:bdance:

Davidmk5 likes this.
  5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I'm good for the black one!

This checks my box for an upgrade that I desperately need but don't want to break the bank right now. The reviews are favorable and quite complimentary of the performance against price point. This one convinced me...

Pro-Ject Debut III record player

I'm not a huge Stones fan but figure that if/when the day comes that I am ready for another upgrade, the Stones factor will make reselling this one easier.

Davidmk5 and GentleSenator like this.
  6. draganm

draganm Forum Resident

7. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Tres chic. I wish I was liquid. It’s look like bargain.

8. draganm

draganm Forum Resident

yeah I know, it's practically free considering you will pay this much for some plastic DJ table. I almost bought it for a second system , but really I don't use my primary enough as it is anyway

9. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Mine arrived this evening. Easy set-up considering this is my first "real" turntable (upgrade from an entry level Sony PS-LX250H...I'm pretty sure PS means piece of :cussing:...I shouldn't say that, it served me well while getting back into vinyl). Of course, the first vinyl playing is Sticky Fingers (the freebie which came from Target by mail with purchase of the most recent 2CD reissue).

My experience is matching up with the review, remarkable quality for the price.

Edit: Now playing my first favorite album (inspired by my daughter coming in to see and talk about her fav album by Ed Sheehan). This sounds sweet, a definite upgrade! Thanks to OP for posting the deal!

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    PhilBiker and Davidmk5 like this.
  10. draganm

draganm Forum Resident

I should have grabbed one for $250. , it was just such a stupid-good deal , back up to $450. now.

Congrats to everyone who snagged one. Even if you don't own a single LP, the $200. savings will get you a lot of albums , maybe even a dozen brand new ones, with their 20% off coupons.

SJP likes this.
  11. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Listening to mine now and yes, I'm stoked with the purchase. Last week I ordered a Pro-Ject Phono Box pre-amp which kind of rounds out my very nice and rather inexpensive upgrade.

Davidmk5 and struttincool like this.
  12. draganm

draganm Forum Resident

very cool. I've never had a phono-box, although I did have a Bellari with the little single-tube poking out the top, and I'm pretty sure I had a Creek before that.
    My favorite is my current fully-tubed Little Bear, but they can be a challenging adventure in and of themselves. I had read previously that a nice way to squeeze max analog sound out of a system with minimal frustration is a tubed pre followed by a solid-state amplification for compatibility with most modern speakers.

Right now though, I'm just buying vinyl, which is what we should all be focusing on anyway.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.