Rolling Stones - Promo Album LP 1969 UK DECCA on eBay

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by James_S888, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgsinner

dgsinner New Member

That's good. Maybe my experience and the other forum member's were unusual. Still, every time I see one of his auctions (he does sell a lot of great stuff) I can't help but remember my experience and I pass.

Dale

2. gilbert green

gilbert green Forum Resident

Boots are of the US copes, no? UK Decca would be very hard to boot.

3. dgsinner

dgsinner New Member

Been a while now so I don't remember...but you're held hostage till you get your refund. He may not have guaranteed return postage in his return policy...don't really remember. I do remember I just wanted to be done with it. I've been collecting records myself on and off since 1971 or so and I've never sold any record with a skip on it, let alone one described in the VG+ range or better. I don't even think a skip belongs in the VG range at all.

Dale

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If someone sells you something that is clearly not as described, and insists that YOU pay return shipping you know this:

That person is fully aware of the way PayPal treats returns: They do NOT require the seller to refund the return postage, no matter what the problem.

So the seller is basically saying: I lied, FU, return it if you want, but on your dime...and I know you don't have any recourse with PayPal.

The only thing you can legitimately do is leave negative feedback.

5. Emberglow

Emberglow Senior Member

Well, it finally sold for £5,655.00, that's about $9,160. Anyone here think they might just have another of these stashed away somewhere?

6. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident Thread Starter

You could buy a very good cartridge for that.

How can a slab of vinyl possibly be worth $9,000 ???

Not Mint either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.