Rolling Stones - Recording New Album - October 2022 - Electric Lady Studios.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark-10, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Mark-10

Mark-10 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Since a few days The Rolling Stones are recording in the Electric Lady Studios in N.Y.C..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

Believe it when I see it..

3. steelinYaThighs

steelinYaThighs "I'll be dancin' on Diamonds..."

Please let this be true. B&L was fine, but a final studio LP must needs be the last chapter—including contributions from both Steve and Charlie.

- siyt

4. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Great news, but the headline makes it seem as though the album is due October 2022

5. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

that was exactly my point (second post above)!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
    Sean, GoodKitty and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. HadgeTunes

HadgeTunes Forum Resident

Either way, it's the best since Exile!

7. terrapinstation

terrapinstation They call him lysosome ‘cause he runs so fast…

I find it odd how considering how many times they’ve done these deluxe editions in which they rework old takes into new songs that they don’t just market one of those as a new studio album in the same way Tattoo You was. Probably would sell a whole lot more marketing it as their “first new album in 17 years” than relegating it to a reissue

8. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

Certainly NOT in October as this thread erroneously implies. But good news still.

9. Mark-10

Mark-10 Forum Resident Thread Starter

10. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

Keith and Ronnie seem upbeat.

Mick, not so much.

J_D__ likes this.
  11. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

I’ll believe it when I see it as well, but, over the years, A Bigger Bang has really grown on me, and I would love to get one final album of new material from these guys who have been part of my musical life literally since I was first old enough to work my mom’s turntable in the early ’70s.

Chris Bernhardt and No Bull like this.
  12. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  13. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

I would love a new and final Stones album and one last tour. I have seen them a lot and they seldom disappoint

footlooseman and aphexj like this.
  14. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

With all the terrible news these days this is just incredible. That these legends are still out there touring AND recording…the worlds greatest rock n roll band indeed.

15. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

I had earlier speculated that they were maybe just listening back to tracks, that had already been recorded before (the only reason I could see for them ever really getting together in the same room/studio like that) but now the picture of Steve Jordan has me changing my mind....interesting.

16. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

They should title the album England's Oldest Hitmakers

17. wpjs

wpjs Forum Resident

Sure would be cool if the final song on the LP is a simple Jagger/Richards acoustic track

18. Python

Python Forum Resident

It seems like they've been "recording a new album" for about 15 years...we got a couple crappy singles a few years ago, and of course all the deluxe editions with outtakes they cleaned up, there was the "Ghost Town" song a couple years ago...but do/will they have 10-15 actual new songs that complete a full album?

We shall see, the blues covers album was fine as far as it goes but nothing I ever get excited about listening to, Bigger Bang I didn't love when it came out and I've found myself liking it even less over the years ("This Place Is Empty" and "Laugh, I Nearly Died" being the only two songs I'd even consider remotely good). As someone mentioned above, doing more of a Tattoo You type thing with existing outtakes and backing tracks is probably a better way to go0 (especially given the Charlie situation) but whatever.

I'll be shocked if they have a good album in them at this point, let alone a great one, but if it's even decent and Mick finally stops the cringey old-man sex lyrics ("...am I just one of your cocks?") or trying pathetically to be topical/political ("Sweet Neo Con"), then it would be nice to have one final album. Though of course then they have to play a few new ones at shows, so sad to watch the crowd energy totally grind to a halt as people check their phones, sit down, go take a piss/get drinks, etc., just like when they toured ABB.

19. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I think a big release of all unreleased material like this would move a lot more than these deluxe editions, but I guess the powers that be disagree.

20. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

Interestingly, you will neither have Jagger to write about sex, nor writing about political topics. Something he has done with succes since the sixties. What do you want him to write about, then? Slippers and urinating during night time?

It’s obvious you are not convinced they should make new music at all, so why even care about what they are writing about in the first place?

The band does not have to release a thing until they are satisfied. Critics and ‘so-called’ fans will get their knives ready to slaughter it anyway, with their usual: “Not as good as Exile”, “Not as good as Some Girls”, “Bring back Mick Taylor”, “Jagger is obviously only in it for the money”, “It needs Bill Wyman” and other original arguments…

21. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

Remember what happend once the 3 discs of outtakes leaked last year? After the initial excitement, people already started going “not something I will listen to very often”. Same has happend with all Deluxe Edition discs, with people moaning about ‘missed opportunity’.
    Now the archives have been exploited more and less big time during the last 10 years, officially and unofficially, and people STILL insists the best of it hasn’t been heard yet! I must say I admire the constant hope the fans has. It’s pretty much like yearning for utopia.

Purple Jim, rrbbkk, Sean and 3 others like this.
  22. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

There was good stuff there, but much of it needed better vocals or mixing.

With anything like that though, it’s about finding the diamonds in the rough. I rarely listen to those kind of releases straight through, and instead end generally just find the tracks I want to come back to. But the initial discovery journey is still worthwhile.

23. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

I hope they have plenty of Charlie in the can. A new album with no Charlie would be anti-climatic.

24. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

(I Can’t Get No) Medication
    It’s Only Oxygen (But I Like It)
    Angi (oplasty)

25. spieg16

spieg16 Forum Resident

Is there any word on whether Charlie laid down any studio tracks before he passed away?

andrewskyDE and MRamble like this.